Jump to content

The AFC Playoff Picture


Playoff Poll  

53 members have voted

  1. 1. What record do the Browns end with?

    • 13-3 and win the division
    • 13-3 and take a wildcard spot
      0
    • 12-4 and win the division
      0
    • 12-4 and take a wildcard spot
    • 11-5 and take a wildcard spot
    • 11-5 and miss the playoffs
      0
    • 10-6 and take a wildcard spot
    • 10-6 and miss the playoffs
    • 9-7 and take a wildcard spot
    • 9-7 and miss the playoffs
    • 8-8 or worse and miss the playoffs
    • Other (Something crazy happens)
      0


Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Thomas5737 said:

Math. Math makes it possible.

If Tenn/Colts both win out and Balt and Miami both end up with 11 wins we are out as the 8th seed.

how so? Just did the Espn playoff machine, I hadBrowns/Cots/Tenn/ Balt/Miami all 11-5. Browns were the 7th seed and the Colts were the odd team out. Do you know what exactly would have to happen? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, buno67 said:

how so? Just did the Espn playoff machine, I hadBrowns/Cots/Tenn/ Balt/Miami all 11-5. Browns were the 7th seed and the Colts were the odd team out. Do you know what exactly would have to happen? 

Well I had the Colts and Titans winning out so 12 wins puts them ahead of us.

Edited by Thomas5737
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, candyman93 said:

Even if I’m super pessimistic, I can’t see Miami winning 11 games. I think they’re about to bottom out honestly.

 

So my prediction is Cleveland, Baltimore, and Indianapolis as the 3 wildcard spots. Tennessee wins the division.

Yeah, our saving grace is that I don't think the Dolphins can do it either. They have a really tough schedule.

We of course do at least have to take care of business in the Jets/Giants games or else it gets dicey.

Winning this week against Baltimore would put my mind at ease.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

Longshot here but in a situation where we were to win out, where would we be in a tiebreaker with the Steelers for the division if they lost another game beyond us?

This doesn't answer your question.  I was just looking for an excuse to post this.

 

10100616.png?width=600&fit=bounds

  • Like 8
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

Longshot here but in a situation where we were to win out, where would we be in a tiebreaker with the Steelers for the division if they lost another game beyond us?

They would only have 1 loss in the division so they would get the first tie breaker

Now if that loss happened to Cinci then we go down a way deeper rabbit hole. 

 

 

Two Clubs 

  1. Head-to-head (best won-lost-tied percentage in games between the clubs)
  2. Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the division
  3. Best won-lost-tied percentage in common games
  4. Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the conference
  5. Strength of victory
  6. Strength of schedule
  7. Best combined ranking among conference teams in points scored and points allowed
  8. Best combined ranking among all teams in points scored and points allowed
  9. Best net points in common games
  10. Best net points in all games
  11. Best net touchdowns in all games
  12. Coin toss (could you imagine how crazy it would be to get to this point?)

ref https://operations.nfl.com/the-rules/nfl-tiebreaking-procedures/

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, JDD said:

They would only have 1 loss in the division so they would get the first tie breaker

Now if that loss happened to Cinci then we go down a way deeper rabbit hole. 

 

 

Two Clubs 

  1. Head-to-head (best won-lost-tied percentage in games between the clubs)
  2. Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the division
  3. Best won-lost-tied percentage in common games
  4. Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the conference
  5. Strength of victory
  6. Strength of schedule
  7. Best combined ranking among conference teams in points scored and points allowed
  8. Best combined ranking among all teams in points scored and points allowed
  9. Best net points in common games
  10. Best net points in all games
  11. Best net touchdowns in all games
  12. Coin toss (could you imagine how crazy it would be to get to this point?)

ref https://operations.nfl.com/the-rules/nfl-tiebreaking-procedures/

According to the playoff predictor if the Steelers lose to the Bengals and us and we win out we win the division.

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

According to the playoff predictor if the Steelers lose to the Bengals and us and we win out we win the division.

I'm guessing its the common opponent. 

Browns 2-0 vs Cinci
Browns 1-0 vs Wash
Browns 1-1 vs Balt

Pitt 1-1 vs Cinci
Pitt 0-1 vs Wash
Pitt 2-0 vs Balt

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, JDD said:

They would only have 1 loss in the division so they would get the first tie breaker

Now if that loss happened to Cinci then we go down a way deeper rabbit hole. 

 

 

Two Clubs 

  1. Head-to-head (best won-lost-tied percentage in games between the clubs)
  2. Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the division
  3. Best won-lost-tied percentage in common games
  4. Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the conference
  5. Strength of victory
  6. Strength of schedule
  7. Best combined ranking among conference teams in points scored and points allowed
  8. Best combined ranking among all teams in points scored and points allowed
  9. Best net points in common games
  10. Best net points in all games
  11. Best net touchdowns in all games
  12. Coin toss (could you imagine how crazy it would be to get to this point?)

ref https://operations.nfl.com/the-rules/nfl-tiebreaking-procedures/

giphy.gif

  • Like 7
Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, JDD said:

They would only have 1 loss in the division so they would get the first tie breaker

Now if that loss happened to Cinci then we go down a way deeper rabbit hole. 

giphy.gif

18 hours ago, JDD said:

Two Clubs 

  1. Head-to-head (best won-lost-tied percentage in games between the clubs)
  2. Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the division

200.gif

18 hours ago, JDD said:
  1. Best won-lost-tied percentage in common games
  2. Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the conference

X9HSh-.gif

18 hours ago, JDD said:
  1. Strength of victory
  2. Strength of schedule
  3. Best combined ranking among conference teams in points scored and points allowed
  4. Best combined ranking among all teams in points scored and points allowed

tenor.gif?itemid=16269829

18 hours ago, JDD said:
  1. Best net points in common games
  2. Best net points in all games
  3. Best net touchdowns in all games
  4. Coin toss (could you imagine how crazy it would be to get to this point?)

ref https://operations.nfl.com/the-rules/nfl-tiebreaking-procedures/

200.gif

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...