The AFC Playoff Picture

Here'sJim

Playoff Poll  

53 members have voted

1. 1. What record do the Browns end with?

• 13-3 and win the division
    • 13-3 and take a wildcard spot
    • 12-4 and win the division
    • 12-4 and take a wildcard spot
    • 11-5 and take a wildcard spot
    • 11-5 and miss the playoffs
    • 10-6 and take a wildcard spot
    • 10-6 and miss the playoffs
    • 9-7 and take a wildcard spot
    • 9-7 and miss the playoffs
    • 8-8 or worse and miss the playoffs
    • Other (Something crazy happens)

8 hours ago, NateDawg said:

Travis Kelce. 

I ain't scurred. We've got Mack Wilson and Sione Takitaki

Pat Mahomes. 

Due for a turrrrible game.

Tyreke Hill. 

Meet Terrance Mitchel braaaah, and Sendejo should be out of concussion protocol by then. He's due to improve that 41 overall PFF rating

Browns defense.

Myles + Vernon + Richardson + Ogunjobi + Ward = 5 starters better than most teams 11 yo.

We match up against KC in the playoffs about as poorly as we could against anyone.  Baltimore is a tough matchup for us, one of the toughest because of the way they are constructed, but KC is on another level of being a poor matchup for us.  We'd have to play absolutely perfect on offense against them, because you know Mahomes et al would put up 50. 

TL; DR

4qklo8.jpg

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

To be fair, who matches up well with Kansas City other than New Orleans?

I think Buffalo matches up well with N.O., and the Rams on any given Sunday matchup well with both...or at least as well as anyone can match up with KC.

Just now, MWil23 said:

I think Buffalo matches up well with N.O., and the Rams on any given Sunday matchup well with both...or at least as well as anyone can match up with KC.

I think Buffalo would get torched. They don’t do well vs balanced teams.

Rams would be tough for KC.

4 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

I think Buffalo would get torched. They don’t do well vs balanced teams.

Rams would be tough for KC.

I think that Buffalo has the interior DL, LB, and secondary to hold KC in check. Their EDGE situation is not ideal, but up the middle and in the secondary, they're as good as anyone else in the NFL...aside from maybe the Rams.

I think the Browns match up well with KC.

We make every offense look like KC. What are they going to do? Score two TDs per drive?

Yeah they will torch us but so what, everyone does. If we can get a timely turnover or two and our offense is clicking we have as good of a shot as anyone. Yeah it might be 45-42 but whatever. I wouldn't be scared of them.

I'd rather face KC than Baltimore again. I'd rather face KC than Buffalo. Those teams can do things on defense that can cause you problems and also have good offenses usually. I don't think KC could stop our offense.

I do believe KC is king and will likely win it all this just pertains to us. I'd take KC over the Bills or Ravens.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

I think the Browns match up well with KC.

We make every offense look like KC. What are they going to do? Score two TDs per drive?

Yeah they will torch us but so what, everyone does. If we can get a timely turnover or two and our offense is clicking we have as good of a shot as anyone. Yeah it might be 45-42 but whatever. I wouldn't be scared of them.

I'd rather face KC than Baltimore again. I'd rather face KC than Buffalo. Those teams can do things on defense that can cause you problems and also have good offenses usually. I don't think KC could stop our offense.

I do believe KC is king and will likely win it all this just pertains to us. I'd take KC over the Bills or Ravens.

Defensively, the only guys who scare me for KC are Chris Jones and Honeybadger. Cleveland would have to score TDs every drive.

You’re right though.

Edited by candyman93

6 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Defensively, I don’t think Denzel would get whooped by Hill because he’s pretty fast himself at 4.32

Travis Kelce would nuke the **** out of our LBs though. That would be ugly.

I imagine both would eat. We probably wouldn't have anything that could stop them or even slow them down. We just have to fool them with coverage occasionally or strip a football and give the ball back to our offense. Don't think it would be a game that you need to carry a punter.

12 minutes ago, mtmmike said:

Kc has the 27th ranked defense over the last 6 games.

The Browns hung 42 on the 3rd best defense. 

Kc would beat us but only if they scored 50

Which they very well might. I think that would be a crazy fun second round matchup.

Did I read that right that your predicting 50 points against any defense is huge but in the playoffs it is almost historical.

Also if we get the last possession we may run the ball 9 straight time and limit them to 1 possession in the 4th quarter 

Just look at what las Vegas did

Edited by mtmmike
Misspelling

13 minutes ago, mtmmike said:

Did I read that right that your predicting 50 points against any defense is huge but in the playoffs it is almost historical.

Also if we get the last possession we may run the ball 9 straight time and limit them to 1 possession in the 4th quarter 

Just look at what las Vegas did

KC scored 51 in the playoffs last year. They've scored over 30 in all 5 playoff games since 2018. They certainly could pull it off against our defense, maybe not probable just because we may run a lot but possible.