The AFC Playoff Picture

Here'sJim

Playoff Poll  

53 members have voted

1. 1. What record do the Browns end with?

• 13-3 and win the division
    • 13-3 and take a wildcard spot
    • 12-4 and win the division
    • 12-4 and take a wildcard spot
    • 11-5 and take a wildcard spot
    • 11-5 and miss the playoffs
    • 10-6 and take a wildcard spot
    • 10-6 and miss the playoffs
    • 9-7 and take a wildcard spot
    • 9-7 and miss the playoffs
    • 8-8 or worse and miss the playoffs
    • Other (Something crazy happens)

Here’s how I would try to beat Kansas City:

1. You need to score. Period. If you’re settling for field goals you’re done. Be aggressive from start to finish.

2. As crazy as this sounds, you’ve gotta leave their WRs 1 on 1 and just trust your cover guys.

3. You MUST double team Kelce and hit him extremely hard. Take a 15 yard penalty if you have to.

4. You MUST be able to get pressure on Mahommes with just 4 guys. You will not get to him in time blitzing. Andy Reid is too smart and will give Mahommes options.

5. Keep your composure. Stick to your game plan even when KC goes on a massive run.

I don’t think you need to be an all time great D like the No fly zone Broncos or the legion of boom to have success.

Edited by candyman93
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, candyman93 said:

Here’s how I would try to beat Kansas City:

1. You need to score. Period. If you’re settling for field goals you’re done. Be aggressive from start to finish.

2. As crazy as this sounds, you’ve gotta leave their WRs 1 on 1 and just trust your cover guys.

3. You MUST double team Kelce and hit him extremely hard. Take a 15 yard penalty if you have to.

4. You MUST be able to get pressure on Mahommes with just 4 guys. You will not get to him in time blitzing. Andy Reid is too smart and will give Mahommes options.

5. Keep your composure. Stick to your game plan even when KC goes on a massive run.

I don’t think you need to be an all time great D like the No fly zone Broncos or the legion of boom to have success.

25 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Let’s say we win the next 2 and clinch a playoff spot week 16.

Do you guys want to rest players week 17 or try to win 12 games?

Are the Steelers on a 4 game skid? If so, definitely play for the division.

If it means nothing for seeding probably play a half with starters besides those that are injury prone.

Not really a correvt answer either way, if whatever we do works or doesn't we won't know if the opposite would have played out differently.

19 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

Are the Steelers on a 4 game skid? If so, definitely play for the division.

If it means nothing for seeding probably play a half with starters besides those that are injury prone.

Not really a correvt answer either way, if whatever we do works or doesn't we won't know if the opposite would have played out differently.

For me, if the game means nothing. I don’t want any starter on offense playing. I’m not sure if I’d even be okay with Kareem playing behind a back up o-line. I’d just play D’ernest and some practice squad guy, probably John Kelly.

The season has been a grind, I’d reward the players.

12 hours ago, candyman93 said:

I’d rest everyone possible.

Baker, Myles, Denzel, Chubb, Hunt, and Landry for sure.

We can’t rest much on the OL, but I’d probably look to sit Teller as he’s been banged up off and on the last few weeks.

I want these guys rested, recharged and, if able, preparing film wise for their playoff opponent as opposed to a meaningless game (even if it is a “rival”).

• Like 2

14 hours ago, candyman93 said:

2 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I’d rest everyone possible.

Baker, Myles, Denzel, Chubb, Hunt, and Landry for sure.

We can’t rest much on the OL, but I’d probably look to sit Teller as he’s been banged up off and on the last few weeks.

I want these guys rested, recharged and, if able, preparing film wise for their playoff opponent as opposed to a meaningless game (even if it is a “rival”).

I'd absolutely rest as many dudes as possible, and Pittsburgh would be wise to do the same with the age/mileage that they have on their roster. I may give the starters a single series on offense on a generic scripted drive, but then I'm pulling them and handed the reigns to Keenum and company.

Even if they start backups I would blitz the crap out of there qb so that way if Ben goes down they are direct snap to the running back only. 

I absolutely hate Pittsburgh anything we can due to stop them do it.

Edited by mtmmike
omittion

Styles make fights. I’ll be really interested in seeding.

We match up better vs the Colts and Titans because they can’t rush Baker. They don’t have explosive offenses either.

We are screwed if we face Baltimore. They’re just a terrible matchup. Pittsburgh would be worse if they were healthy.

Buffalo is 50/50 because of Josh Allen’s legs. They can’t rush the QB either.

Also, here’s the most realistic scenario. Assuming the favorites win.

Colts go 2-1 (lose to steelers)

Titans go 2-1 (lose to GB)

Browns go 2-1 (lose to Steelers) 

Ravens win out.

Bills win out.

Steelers win out. 

———————————————

Playoffs:

2. Steelers vs 7. Colts

4. Titans vs 5. Ravens

3. Bills vs 6. Browns

Edited by candyman93
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Styles make fights. I’ll be really interested in seeding.

We match up better vs the Colts and Titans because they can’t rush Baker. They don’t have explosive offenses either.

We are screwed if we face Baltimore. They’re just a terrible matchup. Pittsburgh would be worse if they were healthy.

Buffalo is 50/50 because of Josh Allen’s legs. They can’t rush the QB either.

I'd rather face the Steelers than the Bills. At least as of now. Baltimore doesn't scare me either really, I'd hope we learned something about defending Jackson.

I'd probably want:

Colts
Steelers
Titans
Ravens
Bills