The AFC Playoff Picture

Here'sJim

Playoff Poll  

53 members have voted

1. 1. What record do the Browns end with?

• 13-3 and win the division
    • 13-3 and take a wildcard spot
    • 12-4 and win the division
    • 12-4 and take a wildcard spot
    • 11-5 and take a wildcard spot
    • 11-5 and miss the playoffs
    • 10-6 and take a wildcard spot
    • 10-6 and miss the playoffs
    • 9-7 and take a wildcard spot
    • 9-7 and miss the playoffs
    • 8-8 or worse and miss the playoffs
    • Other (Something crazy happens)

43 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I know this may be unpopular, but I’d almost rather be able to rest some key guys week 17 and perhaps have a favorable matchup the following week than have to bust our arses for a division title and draw a tougher opponent in the playoffs.

I don’t want the Ravens, we match up terribly with them.  And by that I mean our defense simply can’t stop Lamar.

Root for Miami / Baltimore to lose and it’s fielders choice.

10 minutes ago, DawgX said:

I don't have much faith in the Raiders beating Miami, especially with Mariota at QB.

What's got me bugging is now the Bills resting starters vs the Dolphins week 17 is in play.

A scenario where the Browns have to beat the Steelers for the division or else miss the playoffs is not only possible, but pretty probable.

The Best thing for US.....would be we win vs the Jets, the Colts bet the Steelers and the Ravens AND Dolphins Both loose. That way in week 17 if we win, were division Champs, loose and were #5 or #6 in the playoffs at worst depending on what Colts do in week 17.

Now I will just take a Miami loss.....because if the Giants upset the Ravens, then that puts the Skins in must win games to get to the playoffs....and I got a soft spot for the Washington Football Team.....and I've lived in this area for the last 22 years LOL.

41 minutes ago, zelbell said:

As bad as Pittsburgh has played in recent weeks, it still feels like them beating Indy gives us our best shot at clinching the playoffs. Only downside is that we'd have no chance at winning the division, and while that would be incredibly amazing to win it, at this point I'll just be happy to secure a playoff spot.

But yes, the best scenario would be Indy winning AND Miami or Baltimore losing (I can't imagine the Ravens losing to the Giants, and while I think the Raiders beating Miami is a long shot, it's still more likely than Baltimore losing). That way we secure a playoff spot AND still have a chance at winning the division.

All of this doesn't matter if we don't take care of business against the Jets, though.

• Like 1