Steelers week

Johnny Nix

Moves for tomorrow: 

Activated DE Sam Hubbard 

*Placed CB Darius Phillips on the Reserve/Injured list.

*Placed WR John Ross on the Reserve/Injured list. 

*Elevated WR Stanley Morgan, CB Jalen Davis, G Quinton Spain and DT Kahlil McKenzie from the practice squad to the active roster for tomorrow's game.

Happy to have Hubbard back.  He's important to successful defense.  Ross got injured playing corner in practice. 

Discuss. 

14 hours ago, Beck Bristow said:

Ross got injured playing corner in practice. 

Discuss. 

Actually, he didn't.  They discussed moving him to CB because of all of the injuries, but he started practice at WR and got hurt.  Whoever tweeted that has since edited it.

As for the game, we could stay in it if the line gives Joe time.  Otherwise forget it.  Jackson can't cover 4 WRs by himself.  If Alexander plays, that's still two PS ability players covering in nickel.  We are already bad against the run, so i don't see this one ending well.

Already dumped Carlos.  Geno has to go whenever his contract allows.  They're stuck with Joe Mixon for a while, but that probably doesn't kill them.  They should have money to spend.  The AJ Green contract will be off the books next year, and i'm almost certain he'll be gone at this point.

Jessie Bates is about to get paid.  They need to spend some $$$ on the Oline and Dline in FA, quite honestly.

This team is just poorly built at the moment.  Their major contracts are mostly on overpaid, older players that aren't playing well.

1 hour ago, theJ said:

Already dumped Carlos.  Geno has to go whenever his contract allows.  They're stuck with Joe Mixon for a while, but that probably doesn't kill them.  They should have money to spend.  The AJ Green contract will be off the books next year, and i'm almost certain he'll be gone at this point.

Jessie Bates is about to get paid.  They need to spend some $$$ on the Oline and Dline in FA, quite honestly.

This team is just poorly built at the moment.  Their major contracts are mostly on overpaid, older players that aren't playing well.

Yeah, it's time to move on from the old guard. 

I think Spain might be a keeper, at the very least as a versatile backup who won't kill you as a spot starter.  Now on the current oline he's definitely a starter, but even if we upgrade, i'd like to see us keep him around. Adeniji has shown some promise, and Jonah has looked good, but he can't seem to stay healthy.  Redmond is what he has always been, and i'm not sure what they thought bringing him back would do.  I'd rather cycle through the leagues practice squad panning for gold before brining him back again.  Honestly, I wouldn't be against re-signing Price on the cheap to back up Hopkins until we draft a replacement.  He certainly won't get much on the open market.

One thing is for sure though, rd 1 pick 2021 needs to be either an offensive lineman, an edge rusher, and I wouldn't be against a CB, but I wouldn't reach for one either.  Our roster isn't strong enough to take a luxury like Jamar Chase or another S.