Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Johnny Nix

Steelers week

Recommended Posts

34 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

Yeah, it's time to move on from the old guard. 

I think Spain might be a keeper, at the very least as a versatile backup who won't kill you as a spot starter.  Now on the current oline he's definitely a starter, but even if we upgrade, i'd like to see us keep him around. Adeniji has shown some promise, and Jonah has looked good, but he can't seem to stay healthy.  Redmond is what he has always been, and i'm not sure what they thought bringing him back would do.  I'd rather cycle through the leagues practice squad panning for gold before brining him back again.  Honestly, I wouldn't be against re-signing Price on the cheap to back up Hopkins until we draft a replacement.  He certainly won't get much on the open market.

One thing is for sure though, rd 1 pick 2021 needs to be either an offensive lineman, an edge rusher, and I wouldn't be against a CB, but I wouldn't reach for one either.  Our roster isn't strong enough to take a luxury like Jamar Chase or another S.

My new slogan is "A defeat saved is a Penei earned".  If we can get him, no brainer.  I'd keep Alexander and jackson, then focus on the d-line in rounds 2/3, and grab a free agent RT if possible (Orlando brown Jr anyone?)  Re-sign Spain for LG and slide Jonah to RG.  That obviously only works if we keep losing, and if it gets us the top lineman available, i'm fine with it.  If not, Jonah stays at LT, they either draft a RT or sign a FA, then draft a RG like Ben Cleveland (UGA) while still getting the d-line addressed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good game gentlemen. Ik it didn't go the way you guys wanted it to but this team has a lot of talent, as they continue to progress and fix the oline in front of Burrow, they're going to make this division very competitive in future years.

I really like Burrow and Higgjns as players, I respect the leadership Burrow displays. Good luck moving forward gentlemen 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, wwhickok said:

Good game gentlemen. Ik it didn't go the way you guys wanted it to but this team has a lot of talent, as they continue to progress and fix the oline in front of Burrow, they're going to make this division very competitive in future years.

I really like Burrow and Higgjns as players, I respect the leadership Burrow displays. Good luck moving forward gentlemen 

Appreciate it. We have been hit hard with injury on defense this year, as well as a lot of money tied up in aging players like AJ Green and Geno Atkins. Hopefully we can use that money to upgrade and get younger at the same time This offseason. I still Think we are 2 seasons away from truly competing in the division. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/17/2020 at 9:22 AM, Johnny Nix said:

Appreciate it. We have been hit hard with injury on defense this year, as well as a lot of money tied up in aging players like AJ Green and Geno Atkins. Hopefully we can use that money to upgrade and get younger at the same time This offseason. I still Think we are 2 seasons away from truly competing in the division. 

If Burrow takes a big year 2 jump, they could be competitive next year.  But it does seem unlikely.

At a minimum, if the offense improves next year, they need some pass rush to help close games.  That, along with a Burrow improvement, could get them to a fake contender status and win 9-10 games.

But there's a lot of holes.  Particularly on the lines.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/16/2020 at 10:26 AM, INbengalfan said:

My new slogan is "A defeat saved is a Penei earned".  If we can get him, no brainer.  I'd keep Alexander and jackson, then focus on the d-line in rounds 2/3, and grab a free agent RT if possible (Orlando brown Jr anyone?)  Re-sign Spain for LG and slide Jonah to RG.  That obviously only works if we keep losing, and if it gets us the top lineman available, i'm fine with it.  If not, Jonah stays at LT, they either draft a RT or sign a FA, then draft a RG like Ben Cleveland (UGA) while still getting the d-line addressed.

They've got a much easier schedule over the next 4 games.  I wouldn't be surprised to see them win 2-3 of them, putting them toward pick 10 instead of to 5.

I'd rather see them get a premier pass rusher in that top 10.  Keep Jonah at LT, he's fine.  Then find a guard in round 2 or 3.  I think that improves this team a lot more than moving Jonah to a position he's not comfortable with.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, theJ said:

They've got a much easier schedule over the next 4 games.  I wouldn't be surprised to see them win 2-3 of them, putting them toward pick 10 instead of to 5.

I'd rather see them get a premier pass rusher in that top 10.  Keep Jonah at LT, he's fine.  Then find a guard in round 2 or 3.  I think that improves this team a lot more than moving Jonah to a position he's not comfortable with.

Not playing Devil's advocate, but would you move Jonah if the bengals had Munoz's genetic clone?  I think Sewell is THAT good.  best player at a position of need.  If you feel that uncomfortable about moving Jonah, put Sewell at RT, though I consider that a waste.  

 

To further, I don't know who is a can't miss top 5 DE right now.  Rousseau won a lot on stunts, not straight up beating the guy blocking him.  Plus he had the other DE on the other side drawing doubles.  Maybe the Michigan kid.  But in a perfect world, Carlos Basham falls to the top of the second and we snare him.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, INbengalfan said:

Not playing Devil's advocate, but would you move Jonah if the bengals had Munoz's genetic clone?  I think Sewell is THAT good.  best player at a position of need.  If you feel that uncomfortable about moving Jonah, put Sewell at RT, though I consider that a waste.  

 

To further, I don't know who is a can't miss top 5 DE right now.  Rousseau won a lot on stunts, not straight up beating the guy blocking him.  Plus he had the other DE on the other side drawing doubles.  Maybe the Michigan kid.  But in a perfect world, Carlos Basham falls to the top of the second and we snare him.  

No i'd move him.  He hasn't been that good.  If the right guy is staring them in the face, i'd pull the trigger, but i'm not so quick to replace him either.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, theJ said:

No i'd move him.  He hasn't been that good.  If the right guy is staring them in the face, i'd pull the trigger, but i'm not so quick to replace him either.

I'm definitely not looking to replace him, but rather make the best o-line possible.  

 

I guess at this point, my ideal free agemncy and draft would be keeping Jackson and alexander at CB, either keeping Lawson or grabbing a different DE, then drafting Sewell in the first, Carlos Basham in the second, and ben Cleveland in the third.  Even if Spain left, that line would be Sewell-Jonah-Hopkins-Cleveland- Adeniji/Johnson/Hart/FA

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...