Week 10 - Rams vs Seahawks

RamRod

Didn’t get to watch the game in its entirety today so I had to watch what I could from the red zone, but I liked what I saw—especially defensively. What a huge day for our defense.

Ramsey reminded everyone why he got that contract and why we gave up what we did to get him. Anyone who doesn’t see his worth at this point just doesn’t want to. The guy shut down the dude who’s been blowing up the NFL.

Also Darious Williams—just wow. Someone else said it and they hit the nail right on the head—all the guy does is come up with clutch interceptions and that second one in particular was an incredible play. Also that pass breakup of his hasn’t been talked about enough—what a great play.

Terrell Lewis got both his first and second sack of the day. While the second one may have been a gimme, hopefully this builds up his confidence and also opens McVays eyes to continue to get him more meaningful snaps because his talent is undeniable.

Leonard Floyd with a HUGE game today. He was a signing that was hard to get excited about (at least for me, he was) but the guy has provided the same pass rush that Fowler did and he’s also a more well rounded defender. He’s already matched his career high for sacks. Hard to be disappointed with him this year so far. 

Offense did what it needed to. We continue to run the ball well and all three backs seem to be contributing towards that.

Whitworth going down is a huge loss to this team. He’s both our best lineman and also the most important spot. Now it’s time for Noteboom to show if he’s capable of taking the reigns. I have my doubts about him but I hope I’m wrong. He never impressed me at LG but one could argue that he’s a more natural fit at tackle. We will see. Wouldn’t be opposed to seeing Bobby Evans get a look there either—especially if Noteboom doesn’t impress. Either way, let’s hope Whit’s injury isn’t as bad as it looked. 

Edited by BEASToftheEAST4
Typo
  • Like 3

10 hours ago, NVRamsFan said:

The guy just shut down one of the rising WR talents in this league and what's his post game interview focus on? Hyping up his teammate.

Hate when people and Jags fan call this guy a lockerroom cancer. He's far from it and I haven't seen any issues since he's been here.👏

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, BStanRamFan said:

The guy just shut down one of the rising WR talents in this league and what's his post game interview focus on? Hyping up his teammate.

Hate when people and Jags fan call this guy a lockerroom cancer. He's far from it and I haven't seen any issues since he's been here.👏

Ramsey has been great. I don’t approve of his exit from Jacksonville, but you can’t be mad at him for wanting out of a horrible situation. Imagine being apart of a stout Sacksonville defense just to see your offense constantly stink it up??? Ramsey must feel euphoric as heck being here in LA....

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BStanRamFan said:

He's grown up a lot with our coaching here. 

• Like 2

Man.. seems every game that the rams win they never get talked about. I definitely like listening to some things to see what they have to say but even after this huge dominant win, it’s all about how Russ is making mistakes. We beat the bears and it was about Foles. We beat Philly and it was about Wentz. We beat Washington and it was alex smith (which I get). Literally every game. The rams dominated in 2/3 phases yesterday with special teams going to Seattle, and yet it’s not about how great the defense has played. To everyone saying “they beat the nfc East and no one else” like the dude nick wright said but today only talked about Russ and having no run game. Crazy. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MDY10 said:

Man.. seems every game that the rams win they never get talked about. I definitely like listening to some things to see what they have to say but even after this huge dominant win, it’s all about how Russ is making mistakes. We beat the bears and it was about Foles. We beat Philly and it was about Wentz. We beat Washington and it was alex smith (which I get). Literally every game. The rams dominated in 2/3 phases yesterday with special teams going to Seattle, and yet it’s not about how great the defense has played. To everyone saying “they beat the nfc East and no one else” like the dude nick wright said but today only talked about Russ and having no run game. Crazy. 

True but not entirely. Listen to ESPN and both Stephen A and Ryan Clark says the Rams are the team to beat in the NFC West. Ryan always rave about how great the Rams are. Stephen A is loving the Rams defense and running game. He think they can cause problems in the NFC. Shannon Sharpe on Undisputed was taking little shots at Skip today while Skip was singing praises about Brady. Shannon was saying Donald and Floyd next week for Brady. Colin is always singing praises of Goff and made it a point by how the Rams do everything well today. Deep at receiver, tight end, and back. Good OL, great punter, best corner, best defensive tackle, great offensive minded coach. He was saying all of that. So I agree while nobody has directly been mainly focusing on the Rams, they have been still saying how dominant the defense is and that’s why Wilson looked so bad.

As for Nick Wright I’m certain he is still bitter his Chiefs lost to the Rams on MNF and Goff outplayed his golden boy Mahomes lol. Not to mention to at insult to injury Goff made it to the Superbowl before Mahomes. So yeah Nick I don’t see him ever being fair towards Goff as a result. 

Edited by stl4life07

21 hours ago, stl4life07 said:

Rams defense is for real. ELITE. Say it with me everyone...E-L-I-T-E. They are more than just Donald and Ramsey. Heck Donald was chilling on the sideline watching at one point and the Rams still was dominating. Floyd great pickup, Lewis great draft pick. Williams like he is the unsung on this defense. 

Now its on to Tampa where we get an old immobile Brady. I think we are licking our chops. Its going to be a great game on MNF. Definitely could be a statement game if the Rams can win. But again great win today against the Seahawks. Death, taxes, and McVay owns Pete. 

Don't get me wrong. I loved how the defense played yesterday but i will wait the MNF against the Buccs to say they are elite. 

It was a pretty performance yesterday against a top offense but the fact that we owned the Russ multiple times over the past years, makes me second guess about the defense performance.

I know the stats shows that this defense is top 5 in every category but i'm still not sold on this. But that's me....

Only a good performance against the Buccs offense will change my mind about this. Not necessary shuting them down because it's a hard thing to do and the SAints defense was on fire last week but if we can limited this offense it will say a lot as we will be facing Evans, Godwin, Brown and Gronk. 

19 hours ago, BEASToftheEAST4 said:

Ramsey reminded everyone why he got that contract and why we gave up what we did to get him. Anyone who doesn’t see his worth at this point just doesn’t want to. The guy shut down the down who’s been blowing up the NFL.

I'm the first to say all the bad thing about Ramsey, the waste of picks with his trade and his big contract and i still stand by what i said. 

But seeing him shuting down Metcalf yesterday was very impressive i had to admit. Maybe the first time since he arrived that i was excited to have him on the team. 

But again, i'm waiting to see him next week and to change my mind about this. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, stl4life07 said:

True but not entirely. Listen to ESPN and both Stephen A and Ryan Clark says the Rams are the team to beat in the NFC West. Ryan always rave about how great the Rams are. Stephen A is loving the Rams defense and running game. He think they can cause problems in the NFC. Shannon Sharpe on Undisputed was taking little shots at Skip today while Skip was singing praises about Brady. Shannon was saying Donald and Floyd next week for Brady. Colin is always singing praises of Goff and made it a point by how the Rams do everything well today. Deep at receiver, tight end, and back. Good OL, great punter, best corner, best defensive tackle, great offensive minded coach. He was saying all of that. So I agree while nobody has directly been mainly focusing on the Rams, they have been still saying how dominant the defense is and that’s why Wilson looked so bad.

As for Nick Wright I’m certain he is still bitter his Chiefs lost to the Rams on MNF and Goff outplayed his golden boy Mahomes lol. Not to mention to at insult to injury Goff made it to the Superbowl before Mahomes. So yeah Nick I don’t see him ever being fair towards Goff as a result. 

Yeah i saw those. First take did a decent job this week with it, but it’s a first. For them it’s also been about the opposite team losing rather than the rams winning.  Shannon sharpe (who is the only guy who’s opinion I respect out of all those dumb shows because he speaks with facts and real knowledge of the game) seems to like the rams a bit for sure. But he calls it as it is more than anyone imo. Didn’t hear what he said this week. And then Skip saying AD isn’t a top 25 player immediately discredits anything else he has to say about anything.

But still, it’s not often the rams are talked about at all. The majority of the talk this week is about Russ. Even after the game on ESPN. They forget to mention that it’s no coincidence.. he’s been harassed by the rams so often. GMFB is the only place that actually does things right and not for ratings by getting a rise out of people. Just seems like no one actually watches these games. apparently Darius Williams second interception was thrown right to him and he just say and waited for it.. no credit to him on that. It’s always Russ threw a terrible ball lol