Week 10 - Rams vs Seahawks

RamRod

1 hour ago, MDY10 said:

Yeah i saw those. First take did a decent job this week with it, but it’s a first. For them it’s also been about the opposite team losing rather than the rams winning.  Shannon sharpe (who is the only guy who’s opinion I respect out of all those dumb shows because he speaks with facts and real knowledge of the game) seems to like the rams a bit for sure. But he calls it as it is more than anyone imo. Didn’t hear what he said this week. And then Skip saying AD isn’t a top 25 player immediately discredits anything else he has to say about anything.

But still, it’s not often the rams are talked about at all. The majority of the talk this week is about Russ. Even after the game on ESPN. They forget to mention that it’s no coincidence.. he’s been harassed by the rams so often. GMFB is the only place that actually does things right and not for ratings by getting a rise out of people. Just seems like no one actually watches these games. apparently Darius Williams second interception was thrown right to him and he just say and waited for it.. no credit to him on that. It’s always Russ threw a terrible ball lol 

I think too it comes down to people already know what the Rams are about. McVay is a genius, Goff is good sometimes can be great, alot of weapons to play with on offense but none of them are flashy like Hopkins, Thomas, Zeke, Henry, Kelce, Kittle, etc... but now the defense is elite which we know defense doesnt get the same talk as offense. When the Rams were putting up 30ppg they were getting a ton of talk but now the Rams are OK on offense. They can still put up 30+ points just not nearly every game. They still rack up the yards and is efficient but the defense is what jumps out.

I agree with you on Shannon Sharpe. I love hearing him talk if not just for the laughs but in a good way. Skip I feel has to say those things for ratings. Like everything he says cant be believable to him. He has to say AD isnt a top 25 player or even today that the throw by Murray was better than the catch by Hopkins. He has to say Brady is having a better season than Mahomes. If not then it wouldnt be interesting to watch him and Shannon go back and forth. In the same way him and Stephen A used to go back and forth especially when it came to Tim Tebow which Skip thought the world of even though Tebow wasnt even remotely a good NFL QB. 

I also agree that GMFB does it right but I will say too that Burleson and especially Peter thinks the world of McVay. Peter is McVay buddy. Its like Irvin all over the Cowboys because he played for them for his career. So when I watch GMFB its easy for me to know Peter is going to say great things about McVay. Not to say he wont be critical too but he isnt going to be overly harsh. Plus GMFB is a football show where as Undisputed and ESPN has to talk about a multitude of things. So I wouldnt read too much into those shows not fully giving credit. Unless its Ramsey or Donald on defense those shows doesnt know Darius Williams if he showed up on set with a name tag and said "hi my name is Darius Williams of the LA Rams" lol. 

36 minutes ago, btfd16 said:

I want to softly complain how it feels like we sort of get complacent and conservative with leads too early, but McVay is 31-0 with a halftime lead so what do I know.

Yeah Im not even going to complain at all because I dont know the last time Goff and the Rams blew a 4th quarter lead and lost. For all the faults people place on Goff he doesnt blow leads. The ball is in his hands and he actually has the best passer rating in the 4th quarter. So you cant even say well he does nothing. He takes care of the ball down the stretch and makes sure at the very minimum the clock is chewed and the other team has to go long distances to even try to score and have a shot at a comeback. Trust me its not easy but 31-0 is 31-0 leading at the half.  

Edited by stl4life07

8 hours ago, stl4life07 said:

I think too it comes down to people already know what the Rams are about. McVay is a genius, Goff is good sometimes can be great, alot of weapons to play with on offense but none of them are flashy like Hopkins, Thomas, Zeke, Henry, Kelce, Kittle, etc... but now the defense is elite which we know defense doesnt get the same talk as offense. When the Rams were putting up 30ppg they were getting a ton of talk but now the Rams are OK on offense. They can still put up 30+ points just not nearly every game. They still rack up the yards and is efficient but the defense is what jumps out.

Yeah honestly I think I just want to hear some good football talk about the rams for once. I live in jersey so there isn’t much coverage on them here lol I always look forward to the week after a win as they tend to be talked about more. 

8 hours ago, stl4life07 said:

I also agree that GMFB does it right but I will say too that Burleson and especially Peter thinks the world of McVay. Peter is McVay buddy. Its like Irvin all over the Cowboys because he played for them for his career. So when I watch GMFB its easy for me to know Peter is going to say great things about McVay. Not to say he wont be critical too but he isnt going to be overly harsh. Plus GMFB is a football show where as Undisputed and ESPN has to talk about a multitude of things. So I wouldnt read too much into those shows not fully giving credit. Unless its Ramsey or Donald on defense those shows doesnt know Darius Williams if he showed up on set with a name tag and said "hi my name is Darius Williams of the LA Rams" lol.

Agreed, while they definitely won’t hesitate to criticize the Rams they definitely are big fans of the team. My favorite on the show is probably Kyle though. He tells it as it is, and while at times I do think he likes to play the bad guy he’s a brilliant person to listen to.  

• Like 3

5 hours ago, MDY10 said:

Yeah honestly I think I just want to hear some good football talk about the rams for once. I live in jersey so there isn’t much coverage on them here lol I always look forward to the week after a win as they tend to be talked about more. 

I'm in NJ too. Only coverage I see is when I watch Cowherd because he's based in LA. Although Greeny just did a small segment on Ramsey being the best player in Week 10 comparing him to Revis. 

I've looked for Rams bars in NYC a few times, but nothing. Sucks there no out of market fan base like other big franchises have.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, MDY10 said:

Agreed, while they definitely won’t hesitate to criticize the Rams they definitely are big fans of the team. My favorite on the show is probably Kyle though. He tells it as it is, and while at times I do think he likes to play the bad guy he’s a brilliant person to listen to.  

I live in Louisiana so I was happy when I thought Rams and Seahawks game would be in the late window on Fox. I was disappointed when the game that was shown was Niners and Saints on Fox. On CBS it was Cards and Bills. So definitely know how you feel about the coverage or lack there of. Plus in Louisiana the Rams are hated because of the Saints fans lol.

3 hours ago, BStanRamFan said:

I'm in NJ too. Only coverage I see is when I watch Cowherd because he's based in LA. Although Greeny just did a small segment on Ramsey being the best player in Week 10 comparing him to Revis. 

I've looked for Rams bars in NYC a few times, but nothing. Sucks there no out of market fan base like other big franchises have.

No way what part? I’m up north In Sussex county. I’ve looked around too and have found nothing. The only time I get to sit with rams fans is when they’re playing at MetLife or when the draft is in New York.. which was sadly moved.

54 minutes ago, stl4life07 said:

I live in Louisiana so I was happy when I thought Rams and Seahawks game would be in the late window on Fox. I was disappointed when the game that was shown was Niners and Saints on Fox. On CBS it was Cards and Bills. So definitely know how you feel about the coverage or lack there of. Plus in Louisiana the Rams are hated because of the Saints fans lol.

Yeah pretty much the same situation. I was lucky that Sunday ticket came out with a student discount for 100 dollars for the year so I’ve been able to catch all the games. And yeah I can’t imagine the rams are too popular there lmao

3 hours ago, BStanRamFan said:

Yeah I live in NY so I feel your pain, boys. Really woulda thought our game was the National one but I got stuck with PIT/CIN instead 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, MDY10 said:

Yeah pretty much the same situation. I was lucky that Sunday ticket came out with a student discount for 100 dollars for the year so I’ve been able to catch all the games. And yeah I can’t imagine the rams are too popular there lmao

I stream my games online so I had the Rams and Seahawks game online. I’ve been doing it for years since I don’t have Sunday ticket. 

11 minutes ago, MDY10 said:

No way what part? I’m up north In Sussex county. I’ve looked around too and have found nothing. The only time I get to sit with rams fans is when they’re playing at MetLife or when the draft is in New York.. which was sadly moved.

I'm in Middlesex County (Avenel). There was a bar in NYC that was labeled on facebook as a Rams bar called American Whiskey, but I feel like that was only for one season cause when I called they had no idea what i was talking about. I usually go to any game at MetLife. Refuse to go to Philly. I'd consider going to Washington or Buffalo though. My cousin lives in Seattle and he's a Rams fan so I caught a game out there and my sister lives just north of San Diego so I go to the west coast too for home games (this year excluded). Went to St. Louis twice for games.

I made the switch to DirecTv so I could get the ticket. After this season I'm cancelling because I believe DirectTV is losing the rights and will be on another platform. 

26 minutes ago, BStanRamFan said:

I made the switch to DirecTv so I could get the ticket. After this season I'm cancelling because I believe DirectTV is losing the rights and will be on another platform. 

YouTube TV has gone up in pricing but they base what local channels you get based on your location. I have an app on my phone that manually changes my location so that I get Rams games every Sunday and can cast to my TV. Has been incredible to avoid Direct TV and still get every Rams game. 

Edited by LeotheLion

41 minutes ago, BStanRamFan said:

I'm in Middlesex County (Avenel). There was a bar in NYC that was labeled on facebook as a Rams bar called American Whiskey, but I feel like that was only for one season cause when I called they had no idea what i was talking about. I usually go to any game at MetLife. Refuse to go to Philly. I'd consider going to Washington or Buffalo though. My cousin lives in Seattle and he's a Rams fan so I caught a game out there and my sister lives just north of San Diego so I go to the west coast too for home games (this year excluded). Went to St. Louis twice for games.

Same here, I try to go to as many as I can at MetLife, never Philly though. I’ve gone to a few games in DC as well. It’s really not that bad. About a 5 hour drive for me. When the rams were in St. Louis I went to a few as well. Were you at MetLife when we beat the Jets 9-7 or something like that? Lol I was also at the 51-17 giants game. 

i got rid of direct tv this year as well, but Sunday ticket offers a non direct tv package for people that live in apartments or are students. I used a friends college ID and got my Sunday ticket for 100 dollars lol I’ll probably just keep doing that unless someone’s buys them out. I definitely don’t want direct tv 

20 minutes ago, LeotheLion said:

YouTube TV has gone up in pricing but they base what local channels you get based on your location. I have an app on my phone that manually changes my location so that I get Rams games every Sunday and can cast to my TV. Has been incredible to avoid Direct TV and still get every Rams game. 

That’s pretty cool, didn’t know they even had apps like that 

12 minutes ago, MDY10 said:

Same here, I try to go to as many as I can at MetLife, never Philly though. I’ve gone to a few games in DC as well. It’s really not that bad. About a 5 hour drive for me. When the rams were in St. Louis I went to a few as well. Were you at MetLife when we beat the Jets 9-7 or something like that? Lol I was also at the 51-17 giants game. 

i got rid of direct tv this year as well, but Sunday ticket offers a non direct tv package for people that live in apartments or are students. I used a friends college ID and got my Sunday ticket for 100 dollars lol I’ll probably just keep doing that unless someone’s buys them out. I definitely don’t want direct tv 

That’s pretty cool, didn’t know they even had apps like that 

I was at that horrible game. Highlight was a Johnny Hekker 80 yard punt lmao my best friend is a Jets fan and he was FUMING. I was also at the Giants game as well. Quite a good turnout from Rams fans. I was surprised.

I used to have that apartment package when I lived in Hoboken, but moved to suburbs and forced into this. Comes to about $20 a week with the NFL Ticket and would I pay that to watch the Rams on my couch? Sadly, yes. 

3 hours ago, RamRod said:

Losing Whit for a while sucks but if there's any silver lining we can see what we have with Noteboom at left tackle.

Its literally what Noteboom was drafted for. So heres hoping that he lives up to it, because we need him to for this playoff push, as well as going forward.

I think we are going to be without Whit for much longer than many are acting like right now. Sure its good that it wasnt his ACL, so not career ending. But that PCL injury is a big concern of mine, especially for a big guy like Whit