T Law or Fields

jetfuel34

I figured I would start a fresh topic with WHO DO YOU WANT?

I have seen some people point out this or that and now some experts are saying it is not just T LAW running away from Fields. Some have gone as far and said that Fields might be the first pick. 

I think this is all just a bunch of pooo. They are saying this stuff to get ratings up. I think Fields is going to be good don't get me wrong. I just think T Law is the best prospect since Elway. Yes I think T Law is better than Luck coming out. If Fields would have been in last years draft class I would have taken Burrow over him. Now if Fields would have been in Baker Mayfield class I would have taken Fields over all those guys. 

The reason why I like T law is that he has it all from the 6' 6" frame to running the ball and passing the ball. He is a smart QB that has been on the big stage several times. He throws one of the best passes I have seen in college football history. I really can't pick any flaws in his game. Some say he is good because of the team round him. I say look at the last 2 games Clemson had against BC and ND. That is how big a difference he is on the best team in the country. 

Who you taking and why?

But seriously, it's a tie to me. 

I've been asking people to show me what exactly does Law do better on the field than Fields.  He has completed every type of throw Law has made. Fields would have beaten Lawrence if Olave stuck to his route. Fields moves well in the pocket and keeps his eyes, he leads his team, makes all the throws, and even finds the end zone when he's struggling. 

He has completed 85% of his passes so far. He's killing it. I'm not going to argue against anyone that has Law #1, I understand the hype is him making it to the big stage early in his career. I just have Fields up there with him. If Fields didn't have to sit behind Fromm, he would have been in the same position.  

11 minutes ago, rickyt31 said:

I've been asking people to show me what exactly does Law do better on the field than Fields.  He has completed every type of throw Law has made. Fields would have beaten Lawrence if Olave stuck to his route. Fields moves well in the pocket and keeps his eyes, he leads his team, makes all the throws, and even finds the end zone when he's struggling. 

He has completed 85% of his passes so far. He's killing it. I'm not going to argue against anyone that has Law #1, I understand the hype is him making it to the big stage early in his career. I just have Fields up there with him. If Fields didn't have to sit behind Fromm, he would have been in the same position.  

I think they're both Franchise QBs. But the reason why I have TLaw ahead of Fields is that he's been doing it longer for starters. Started as a Freshman and has been lights out from Day 1. Has shown the ability to win big games (which is big). The sample size on Fields is a tad smaller and he hasn't won the big games that TLaw has. 

24 minutes ago, rickyt31 said:

One area that concerns me about Fields is that there’s not much tape of him getting rid of the ball quickly. He seems to have tons of time to throw the ball. Lawrence’s OL is not as good but his WRs have been better. So he some times just lobs it up and let’s the WR make the play. I don’t know. I kind of want to wait to see some of the gurus break the film down. I really like Wilson. He gets the ball out quickly and accurately. My only concern with him is durability.

Concerns:

Fields: processing. Not saying this is a negative. I just don’t see proof he can scan quickly.

Lawrence: some hero ball at times. I’m a little worried about that having seen Darnold.

Wilson: Durability. He looks like an injury waiting to happen. 

Edited by SDotNova

12 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I think they're both Franchise QBs. But the reason why I have TLaw ahead of Fields is that he's been doing it longer for starters. Started as a Freshman and has been lights out from Day 1. Has shown the ability to win big games (which is big). The sample size on Fields is a tad smaller and he hasn't won the big games that TLaw has. 

Agree. This is a big bonus for Lawrence. He’s been in the limelight for a while and has delivered. 

36 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

26 minutes ago, SDotNova said:

One area that concerns me about Fields is that there’s not much tape of him getting rid of the ball quickly. He seems to have tons of time to throw the ball. Lawrence’s OL is not as good but his WRs have been better. So he some times just lobs it up and let’s the WR make the play. I don’t know. I kind of want to wait to see some of the gurus break the film down. I really like Wilson. He gets the ball out quickly and accurately. My only concern with him is durability.

Concerns:

Fields: processing. Not saying this is a negative. I just don’t see proof he can scan quickly.

Lawrence: some hero ball at times. I’m a little worried about that having seen Darnold.

Wilson: Durability. He looks like an injury waiting to happen. 

But we're still getting 2 years of a sample size and as I mentioned before, Fields would have beaten Law if Olave didn't ditch the original route. He has performed in the big games. 

Lawrence rarely has to scan the Field because the offense is quick release and go to the #1 option. I'm not blaming him because you have to do what the offense demands, but I'm willing to bet I can find more big plays made by Fields looking at both sides of the field in a play than I would Lawrence. 

People down here in Georgia knew Fields could have started as  Freshman as well, but UGA Fromm was leading them to big games and you couldn't bench him at the time. He came in for some snaps through his freshman year and completed 70% of his passes, 328yds, 4tds, and 0ints.  I like them both, they're Georgia kids. I'm happy no matter what, but when people take off the hype shades and actually compare the two play by play, they are on the same level. That's why I'm happy McShay & Kiper are noticing this. If you believe in PFF, Fields is also the highest graded QB in college football. The best part about it is that he only ran 6 times in the last two games, he's killing it in the pocket. We know he can run if he has to. If you want to dig into the stats from last season, Fields out performed him there playing less games, less throws, and got sacked twice as much. 

It's going to take this season to separate the two. They both check all the boxes I'm looking for. I know for me, I won't have a clear #1 pick until the end of the season. Lawrence has 3 easy games coming up, so he's going to look great. We just have to see if they get into the playoffs. Field's schedule is a little tougher, but it may not be much of a battle for him either. It's going to be interesting. 

Pretty easy answer for me and I love Fields game.  It's Lawrence all day every day.  

We have to land the number 1 pick and a good coach. 

We are in position to have a stable GM, a great QB prospect and hopefully a HC that can develop an identity.  Been a long time since we had all 3 key spots with such upside.

The future is bright if we can just land Lawrence.

@rickyt31 I’m not knocking either QB. Just that there’s but so much I can see from highlights. I don’t feel strongly about any of them being better than the other. I can’t wait to see PFF breakdown their accuracy numbers and for the QB guys to go through the tape. I do agree with you that there doesn’t seem to be much difference between these two QBs. Even the way they run RPOs looks the same.

Considering how good our draft picks seem to be (albeit in limited play), I’m excited to see what Joe D does at the QB position and at HC. I feel good about our future.

We may end up with the 2nd pick. So we may not even get a choice. 

Edited by SDotNova