What to do with Allen Robinson?

WindyCity

1 hour ago, RunningVaccs said:

I've been mulling who I would trade in the offseason and for how much.  Frankly Hicks is coming up on the mileage where you start to expect a drop, and Fuller's expensive and do we really need 2 great corners on a team with so many needs?  I would not be saying no to any good offer, even on our favorite defenseive stars. Ugh. 

Yes I'd say you need 2 really good corners in today's NFL. Plus not sure how much you'd get back in trade value with Fuller's cap hit counting 20M against the cap in 2021 and him set to become a FA the following year.

Any team trading for him would have to give him a big multi year deal for it to even be worth it. 

You may be right that Hicks is approaching that time but he is still such a beast and very important to this D. I think he has a couple good years left in the tank.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

Yes I'd say you need 2 really good corners in today's NFL. Plus not sure how much you'd get back in trade value with Fuller's cap hit counting 20M against the cap in 2021 and him set to become a FA the following year.

Any team trading for him would have to give him a big multi year deal for it to even be worth it. 

You may be right that Hicks is approaching that time but he is still such a beast and very important to this D. I think he has a couple good years left in the tank.

I agree with what you're saying but I think fixing the offense is going to require that the Bears trade some key contributors on defense.

It's a temporary set-back to extend the team's competitive window. The alternative is to become a team like the Broncos and in a few years we'll hit rock bottom with this group.

20 hours ago, topwop1 said:

I think you keep Fuller. I just always think of Reid's quote, "I want two offensive tackles, a quarterback, two pass rushers, two corners, and I'll figure the rest out."

I agree. I think others are expendable, including young guys like Smith, Daniels, and Miller who will be looking to make a big extension very soon. Really in the FAs that are set to hit the open market in 2021 and 2022, Fuller, Hicks, Santos (atm at least, he may fall through), and Scales are the only ones the Bears NEED to bring make an attempt to bring back. Fuller is a legit #1 CB who is 28 so I'm fine with giving him a good deal. You can backload it and manipulate it to get around the lower caps for the next two years or whatever. He will get a lot of guaranteed money up front so his cap hit doesn't mean much to him.

We have Mack and Hicks as the passrushers, though I want and EDGE and we need to find a way out of Quinn's deal sooner rather than later (likely a 2022 cut, maybe post June 1st). If Hicks wants to make a pay jump then let him walk and wish him the best.

Santos has been damn good, making almost 90% and our kicker history has sucked since Gould was cut. Pay him and stop screwing with the spot. Scales is just consistent as a snapper. You don't penny pinch that when it means a $200K boost in pay. Give the guy $1 mil per year to not screw up the snaps and look at issues around the team.

We have bad QBs and OTs, so they need to be gone ASAP and we take swings elsewhere. I'd take a FA OT but we need to take swings at these spots in the draft, and no in the ******* 6th and 7th.

On 11/10/2020 at 12:14 PM, Bigbear72 said:

I think you are undervaluing him.  There are a lot of speed guys out there that can't catch worth a damn.  I don't think you let him go just because we need speed.  Would you drop him and pick up John Ross?  Please say you wouldn't.

I'm having Troy Williamson flashbacks reading this.