The Jakobi Meyers thread

Apparition

3 minutes ago, DoleINGout said:

he has been pretty good lately but nowhere near that good

I think PFF largely grades receivers by their ability to get open, catch the ball and move the chains. You can't really argue that Meyers hasn't done those things. He hasn't had many explosive plays, but he's definitely played the part of a solid route-runner and possession receiver, which usually gets guys high marks from that site. 

Edited by Starless

4 hours ago, Starless said:

I think PFF largely grades receivers by their ability to get open, catch the ball and move the chains. You can't really argue that Meyers hasn't done those things. He hasn't had many explosive plays, but he's definitely played the part of a solid route-runner and possession receiver, which usually gets guys high marks from that site. 

Commanding the 2nd highest market share in the league too, IIRC.

“I was just joking with him,” the Patriots quarterback said. “When (offensive coordinator Josh McDaniels) decided the play and (Meyers) heard it — I was like, ‘We’ve got XYZ’ — Jakobi looked and he was like, ‘Huh?!’ I said, ‘Yeah, we’ve got’– the play was called. He looks down and he’s like, ‘Damn, hold on.’

“So everybody’s looking at him look at his gloves. He’s like, ‘Bro, I’ve got to take off one of my gloves.’ So he took off one of his gloves. (Tight end Ryan Izzo) was like, ‘You want my warm pouch so you can keep your hands dry?’ He was like, ‘No, no, no. … Hey, but hold my second glove, too.’ We had a moment as an offense in that huddle. Because we were coming off a TV timeout, and Jakobi was (anxious). I was like, ‘Bro, relax. If you don’t got nobody, just throw it to your checkdown — which is me — and I’m going to make something out of it.’ “

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Yin-Yang said:

Does UDFA Meyers appearing to be a reliable receiver make the sting of 1st rounder N’Keal Harry worse, or better? 

Better. At the end of the day, a guy's draft position (or lack thereof) means nothing. The draft comes down to how many useful pieces you can add, not when you add them. We've all forgotten about Duke Dawson thanks to JC Jackson becoming a stud, right? Hell, I had to look up Dawson's last name, that's how little I care that he was another 2nd round disappointment. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Starless said:

Better. At the end of the day, a guy's draft position (or lack thereof) means nothing. The draft comes down to how many useful pieces you can add, not when you add them. We've all forgotten about Duke Dawson thanks to JC Jackson becoming a stud, right? Hell, I had to look up Dawson's last name, that's how little I care that he was another 2nd round disappointment. 

Yes and no. For me, it is obviously nice getting contributions no matter where or from who. But somehow drafting an apparent bust in a draft loaded with receiver talent (talent that we’re seeing come to fruition in some of the guys), while hitting on UDFA, kind of just emphasizes the miss. Shrug.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Yin-Yang said:

Does UDFA Meyers appearing to be a reliable receiver make the sting of 1st rounder N’Keal Harry worse, or better? 

Yeah If we pick up two WRs at the same time, 1 early in draft, 1 in FA - and 1 turns out to be a genuine and reliable #1, and 1 is meh.....that's about expected. I'm cool with that.

5 hours ago, Starless said:

For the matter any Florida player that  the Pats take. 😁

1 hour ago, ChazStandard said:

No impact for me.

Watching Metcalf put up numbers in Seattle hurts though.

I didn't like Metcalf coming out. That shows what I know !  There's more hurt in that daft as well.

A.J. Brown, Deebo Samuel, Mecole Hardman, Darius Slayton, Terry McLaurin

21 hours ago, m haynes said:

I didn't like Metcalf coming out. That shows what I know !  There's more hurt in that daft as well.

A.J. Brown, Deebo Samuel, Mecole Hardman, Darius Slayton, Terry McLaurin

Brown is a damned stud. Also, he does a lot of stuff that would tear up for us. He often catches slants, boxes out defenders with his huge frame, and takes off.

Which is exactly what I thought N'Keal would do

6 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Brown is a damned stud. Also, he does a lot of stuff that would tear up for us. He often catches slants, boxes out defenders with his huge frame, and takes off.

Which is exactly what I thought N'Keal would do

I'm not a fan of slow big guys or WR that play for lets say, Ohio University or Marshall.  Never pick FLA WR. I watched the combine and Harry and Daniel Jeremiah said he needed a good time under a 4.60. I should knew than however I believe DJ when he ran under,  so I didn't have a problem with the pick, until I saw him for the 1st time running like a duck! Crap we're screwed. Never again, Speed and quickness  need  only to  apply  😁

Edited by m haynes