Seattle Seahawks @ Los Angeles Rams -- Week 10

showtime

In the secondary, the Seahawks have been without cornerback Shaquill Griffin and nickel back Ugo Amadi the past two games due to hamstring injuries. Carroll sounded more positive on Amadi's chances for this week when asked about those two.

"He's going to try to practice Wednesday," Carroll said of Amadi, "I don't know that about Shaq yet, he's a little bit further behind with his return, so we'll see what happens with those guys."

Doesn't sound too great. Really hoping Griffin comes back, they need him so badly.

5 minutes ago, showtime said:

If injured cornerbacks Shaquill Griffin and Quinton Dunbar can’t play vs. Rams, the Seahawks will ‘try to mold it and work’

^ This headline isn't what I wanted to read.... lol

Seattle should blitz on every down. Seriously, the one way they gonna have a shot. Need to force +3 TO I think.

“You can watch a game and see that a quarterback feels us,” - Flores.

“The key to the game was just attack Jared Goff,” - Ogbah

"And that kind of probably threw ’em off. Like I saw a clip of Sean McVay reading the clip, and he said, like ‘Oh [shoot]’ in his head, ‘they’re running the Bears’ thing,’ or whatever the Bears did. Shoutout to the Bears, baby.” - KVN

“When they tried a screen, that didn’t work. They tried a quick crosser, that doesn’t work. They tried a quick hitch, that doesn’t work. You could just see it on their face. Not just Goff, the O-line and the head coach, they were like, ‘How are we going to stop this?’ Once we see that, that just gives us more confidence.” - Eric Rowe

I don't know much about your team, but I know how Flores and BB has owned the Rams two out of two times now. Some things that stand out;

- LAR constantly move the TE across the formation (sift action) and he blocks the backside defender on zone runs. Sometimes this is a fake, and the TE runs an out route. BB used KVN or DH to blow the heck out of this. Be extremely aggressive with the TE in motion, it takes away Goff's safest read on this particular concept. Once his first read or read expected to be most open has been blown up, you know he's going to panic

You got burned on this by Kupp. Imagine the TE motion then run a flat, your nearest LB/S bit down on to the TE and Kupp runs a crosser behind him, in front of the deeper defenders. Leads on to....

- Goff constantly throws crossers over the LBs heads. What BB and BF did was aligned in a two deep shell on most plays and allow safeties to drive on the crossers/posts in front of them

- Not sure if Miami done this, but NE came out in a 6-1 front on 1st and 2nd downs. This really helped shut the run game down and put them in 3rd downs. In 3rd downs, Goff was under pressure on 10 of them out of 13. This pressure was happening quickly (under 3 seconds almost every time he was pressured). Brian Flores used some really quick and effective 4 and 5 man stunts on 3rd down that messed with Goff and the Rams O line.

- The 6-1 was our answer to combat both the run and the PA pass at the same time (because if you come out light, they just run, and vice versa). 4 run stuffers, 1 LB (KVN in our case), 1 hybrid (Safety). Even when they came out very light, we still had our 4 run stuffers. On run plays, those 2 outside defenders (LB and S) forced all run plays to the inside, where the 4 stuffers were - it seems SEA can do that with some big boys in the middle, and Adams and a LB outside, with Wagner as the 1. 

- 6-1 front did it's job vs run, and in the back end we almost always called Cover 3 Buzz (so did Miami the other day). One of the 2 high safeties hunts the crosser. Outside defenders take whatever is on the outside or flat (if the flat runner hasn't been nailed at the line). So take away his run game forcing him to pass.....cover his crossers, and he's f'd :D

I'm not sure how relevant this is to Seattle, and maybe they don't have the horses, or maybe they want to do something totally different, but I feel there is so much info out there on how to beat Goff. He isn't an adjuster at all. 

On 11/13/2020 at 2:08 AM, Hunter2_1 said:

“You can watch a game and see that a quarterback feels us,” - Flores.

“The key to the game was just attack Jared Goff,” - Ogbah

"And that kind of probably threw ’em off. Like I saw a clip of Sean McVay reading the clip, and he said, like ‘Oh [shoot]’ in his head, ‘they’re running the Bears’ thing,’ or whatever the Bears did. Shoutout to the Bears, baby.” - KVN

“When they tried a screen, that didn’t work. They tried a quick crosser, that doesn’t work. They tried a quick hitch, that doesn’t work. You could just see it on their face. Not just Goff, the O-line and the head coach, they were like, ‘How are we going to stop this?’ Once we see that, that just gives us more confidence.” - Eric Rowe

I don't know much about your team, but I know how Flores and BB has owned the Rams two out of two times now. Some things that stand out;

- LAR constantly move the TE across the formation (sift action) and he blocks the backside defender on zone runs. Sometimes this is a fake, and the TE runs an out route. BB used KVN or DH to blow the heck out of this. Be extremely aggressive with the TE in motion, it takes away Goff's safest read on this particular concept. Once his first read or read expected to be most open has been blown up, you know he's going to panic

You got burned on this by Kupp. Imagine the TE motion then run a flat, your nearest LB/S bit down on to the TE and Kupp runs a crosser behind him, in front of the deeper defenders. Leads on to....

- Goff constantly throws crossers over the LBs heads. What BB and BF did was aligned in a two deep shell on most plays and allow safeties to drive on the crossers/posts in front of them

- Not sure if Miami done this, but NE came out in a 6-1 front on 1st and 2nd downs. This really helped shut the run game down and put them in 3rd downs. In 3rd downs, Goff was under pressure on 10 of them out of 13. This pressure was happening quickly (under 3 seconds almost every time he was pressured). Brian Flores used some really quick and effective 4 and 5 man stunts on 3rd down that messed with Goff and the Rams O line.

- The 6-1 was our answer to combat both the run and the PA pass at the same time (because if you come out light, they just run, and vice versa). 4 run stuffers, 1 LB (KVN in our case), 1 hybrid (Safety). Even when they came out very light, we still had our 4 run stuffers. On run plays, those 2 outside defenders (LB and S) forced all run plays to the inside, where the 4 stuffers were - it seems SEA can do that with some big boys in the middle, and Adams and a LB outside, with Wagner as the 1. 

- 6-1 front did it's job vs run, and in the back end we almost always called Cover 3 Buzz (so did Miami the other day). One of the 2 high safeties hunts the crosser. Outside defenders take whatever is on the outside or flat (if the flat runner hasn't been nailed at the line). So take away his run game forcing him to pass.....cover his crossers, and he's f'd :D

I'm not sure how relevant this is to Seattle, and maybe they don't have the horses, or maybe they want to do something totally different, but I feel there is so much info out there on how to beat Goff. He isn't an adjuster at all. 

Every team has ran a 6-1 against the rams this year. Even the bears lol. Mcvay has done a great job. We’ve been in every game. You need great man to Man corners to beat the rams and force Goff to beat you. The notion that a 6-1 front immediately negates the rams offense has been proven false. Second Goff and Co owns Pete’s defense.. But next time send the email to the coach! Instead of a forum lolz