Week 10 GDT - SF @ NO

N4L

How much will the niners lose by this weekend?  

12 members have voted

1. 1. How much will the niners lose by this weekend?

• 1-3 points
    • 3-7 points
    • 8-14 points
    • 15-21 points
    • 22+ points

Honestly great game by the D and a decent enough game by the O considering the injuries. Shame our ST outside of P,K and LS have been really bad. On the other side give me games like this the rest of the season where we actually look competent and get a high pick in the draft to grab a talented QB to throw to the weapons we already have and then spend the rest of the draft shoring up the O-line and fill the remaining spots we have left after FA.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Justone2 said:

Honestly great game by the D and a decent enough game by the O considering the injuries. Shame our ST outside of P,K and LS have been really bad. On the other side give me games like this the rest of the season where we actually look competent and get a high pick in the draft to grab a talented QB to throw to the weapons we already have and then spend the rest of the draft shoring up the O-line and fill the remaining spots we have left after FA.

I seriously can't believe that couldn't figure out how to pick up the blitzer 3 quarters in lol. What a fail that was. 

Major credit to the defense. They played wonderfully for the most part. Glad to see Kinlaw get some stats too. 

3 minutes ago, Forge said:

I think we have to draft a quarterback if we want to continue to compete at high level. We just do. If we keep Jimmy, we lose other players we need to compete. 

Right now Kyle is the team, we have fun talent pieces but it is by Kyle that we compete with teams that out talent/skill us and Kyle is doing this with his hand tied.  We need a QB who can remove those handcuffs that we have on Kyle, if we can get out of Jimmys contract to save the talent that we do have is how this team competes in the future.  I hate that we lost today, I never want to lose but we dont go all the way this year so it is probably best that we did lose.  

Zach Wilson is my crush, I noticed him in the BYU vs LA Tech game (wife went to Tech).  Big Ben went 13-0 as a rookie and won the superbowl his second season.  The largest gap between this team and the team that Ben was drafted into is the O-Line, I am fine giving up a 2nd and future 1st to get Wilson (helps if we have a higher draft pick) and spend the rest on the O-Line.  Success could come quick.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Justone2 said:

Yeah, the season is over due to the sheer amount of injuries. Best case scenario is the "elegant tank" 

Aiyuk & Kinlaw looked good & the coaching was solid. Dumb mistakes by (mostly) players who don't have futures/aren't cornerstones on this team is whats killing us. 

Also thought Austin Walter looked explosive. 

6 more games of this disaster of a season, lets stay competitive then lets get healthy, shed some dead weight, and re-tool. 

Edited by 49ersfan
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, sherm said:

We need a complete QB room overhaul. That's all I have to say for today's gm. 

I mentioned this on the pod. Don't think this is going to happen unless one of them is someone like Brian hoyer.  You want someone who knows the scheme to help relate it to those who don't. Mullens is almost a lock to be back i think (assuming Jimmy is not)

I just want to know how these guys watch Moore and come to the conclusion he shouldn't get any time? Like it took until week 10 to get him some time? Even if Tartt was healthy, he should have still seen the field. Guy is a freak athlete and gets his hands on the ball. He also freed up Ward and allowed him to play all around the field. 

Btw, Trent Williams is just stupid good. His footwork and movement skills just don't make any sense.

Hyder needs to be brought back. Would be an awesome 3rd edge rusher. 

Aiyuk is not good at hiding his emotions lol. He threw his hands up in disgust at least three or four times. Still a baller though and I'm really surprised at how good his hands are. 

Reed is another talented pass catcher but we all knew that. 

Edited by J-ALL-DAY
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Hyder needs to be brought back. Would be an awesome 3rd edge rusher. 

We can't afford it I think, that's why he should have been traded. I really believe someone is 100% giving him like 2 years, 12 million based on this year. We can't shell out that type of money for a rotation player. His replacement is in house with Blair on another prove it deal since he'll have no real market. 

This, of course, is dependent on the Jimmy situation

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Forge said:

We can't afford it I think, that's why he should have been traded. I really believe someone is 100% giving him like 2 years, 12 million based on this year. We can't shell out that type of money for a rotation player. His replacement is in house with Blair on another prove it deal since he'll have no real market. 

Yea Hyder has definitely played his way out of our price range, which royally sucks.

7 minutes ago, Forge said:

Even if get rid of Ford? 

Blair is a very good 3rd rusher but let's see how he looks when he returns. 

17 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Even if get rid of Ford? 

Blair is a very good 3rd rusher but let's see how he looks when he returns. 

The problem is, I don't know if you want to put Hyder in that spot where he has to replace Ford. If we are cutting Ford, we have to replace him with someone else + re-sign Hyder. And Hyder (I think...I could be way off) will cost all of the money we save from Ford, and he's really best suited for a rotational role. So you're making a flat trade off there (maybe with a slightly better structure). Do you want to get rid of Ford for Hyder? I'm not completely against it, but that's what you're doing and I have no idea how that works in chemistry, because we have absolutely no speed there coming from the edge (I love Bosa, but he's not a "speed" guy). 

I considered that maybe we will continue to nickel and dime it there and keep Ford. So I'm expecting Ford / Bosa + Blair (again, I think this just makes sense...we will have an idea on his knee by then either through out own eval or through the game). AA I kind of feel moves into a bigger timeshare at 3t with Kinlaw occupying Jones' role as a 1t? Then maybe we sign some speed edge fodder. We put in a waiver claim on Takk and would have had him if not for hte Bengals, so maybe we have interest in signing him to a prove it deal. I think there's a good chance that we bring Willis back on the cheap. Maybe someone like Smoot, Harris, Kpassagnon (he's not really speed, but he's loooooooooong lol) ? There are a lot of those types out there. 

If we cut Ford, it certainly opens up possibilities for someone a bit more expensive, but I'm just not sure that's what the niners would want to do anyway. You're buying at the top of the market for Hyder and he's already 30 years old. I think you just have to move on.