Week 10 GDT - SF @ NO

N4L

How much will the niners lose by this weekend?  

12 members have voted

1. 1. How much will the niners lose by this weekend?

• 1-3 points
    • 3-7 points
    • 8-14 points
    • 15-21 points
    • 22+ points

5 hours ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

I woke up when the game was in the 4th. Checked the app, saw the score, and then saw James muff a punt on the readout. Decided to go back to sleep. Hope you guys got something out of the game. 

Honestly, there was some great highlight reel stuff.  2 or 3 ridiculous catches.  That one-handed scoop that was almost on the ground al....almost made up for how bad the special teams play was.

We were also up 10-0 at one point.  Defense played lights out for quite a while.  They can only do so much, though.  We didn't lose as bad as I thought we would, but honestly, the game was worse than the score makes it look.

Excited for a Mostert return.  He's becoming one of my favorites on the team.  Shanny's offense can make just about any RB look decent, but Mostert....he just seems to fit into that offense perfectly.  

6 hours ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

I woke up when the game was in the 4th. Checked the app, saw the score, and then saw James muff a punt on the readout. Decided to go back to sleep. Hope you guys got something out of the game. 

Was not a bad game to watch at all to be honest. Mullens and the offense were frustrating and the STs were a disaster, but the defense played hard and very well. Not only that, but the two rookies really flashed this game. A nice competitive loss, though the score didn't reflect that due to the STs mishaps. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Was not a bad game to watch at all to be honest. Mullens and the offense were frustrating and the STs were a disaster, but the defense played hard and very well. Not only that, but the two rookies really flashed this game. A nice competitive loss, though the score didn't reflect that due to the STs mishaps. 

I guess that's where the buck stops with me. I love offense, and any time our squad has an offense that is borderline unwatchable for the season I quickly lose interest. I can't stand a team that can't score. 

14 minutes ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

I guess that's where the buck stops with me. I love offense, and any time our squad has an offense that is borderline unwatchable for the season I quickly lose interest. I can't stand a team that can't score. 

Even then as mentioned in the previous posts, there were some sweet catches from Reed and Aiyuk. 

But I mean I totally get why you don't care for a game where we led 10-0 to only get down 27-10 until the last five minutes LOL. 

Yikes for Greenlaw. Also noticed he was getting dragged a bit in the run game. And TBH, he's had a rough couple of games with yesterday & Seattle. Maybe GB game as well but i didn't really notice it. 

The Saints attacked 49ers linebacker Dre Greenlaw the whole game, as their trio of quarterbacks — Brees, Winston and Taysom Hill — targeted him seven times and gained 87 yards on six catches.

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-2020-week-10-pff-refocused-new-orleans-saints-27-san-francisco-49ers-13

Edited by 49ersfan

13 minutes ago, 49ersfan said:

Yikes for Greenlaw. Also noticed he was getting dragged a bit in the run game. And TBH, he's had a rough couple of games with yesterday & Seattle. Maybe GB game as well but i didn't really notice it. 

The Saints attacked 49ers linebacker Dre Greenlaw the whole game, as their trio of quarterbacks — Brees, Winston and Taysom Hill — targeted him seven times and gained 87 yards on six catches.

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-2020-week-10-pff-refocused-new-orleans-saints-27-san-francisco-49ers-13

That's why during the game I said the optimal base defense against the saints was probably three safeties.  Covering isn't Greenlaws thing

23 hours ago, Forge said:

We are currently #13. If Minnesota wins, we are up to #12

Minnesota wins, good outcome for us tonight

Rooting for Minnesota, Washington, Chicago, New England, & Denver to keep winning so they pick after us. I want Minny to keep Cousins & the other teams will likely upgrade in the offseason.

A lot of bad/ high pick teams actually are settled in their QB situation. Cinci, LAC, Houston, & Detroit, Atlanta won't take a QB. Philly, Dallas, & NYG will most likely stick with their QB's. Jets & Jags are probably locked in at 1 & 2. 

Hopefully we'll be able to pick the QB of our choice without a trade-up

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Forge said:

That's why during the game I said the optimal base defense against the saints was probably three safeties.  Covering isn't Greenlaws thing

It sucks that Tartt got hurt because you could put him in the box and he's a VERY solid covering safety. I have lost count how many times I called for Tartt, Ward and Moore being on the field together. 

Greenlee is fine in zone coverage but he struggles in man coverage. Kwon became a whipping boy for this fan base for some reason but we probably had the best coverage LB duo in the game with him and Warner. 

• Like 1

So is Alonso healthy?? I know we just traded for him but I figured he'd be in on STs at leaat but I don't remember seeing him in the game. I saw Al Shaair pulling double duty, covering kickoffs and starting at OLB and was just wondering.

*Edit* 

Nevermind, just saw he's on the PUP

Edited by 757-NINER

1 hour ago, 757-NINER said:

So is Alonso healthy?? I know we just traded for him but I figured he'd be in on STs at leaat but I don't remember seeing him in the game. I saw Al Shaair pulling double duty, covering kickoffs and starting at OLB and was just wondering.

*Edit* 

Nevermind, just saw he's on the PUP

When in doubt, one of our dudes is hurt. <_<

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Chrissooner49er said:

Sigh. A big fat disappointing performance from the O and STs. 

Glad to see Kinlaw and Hyder make a difference. Aiyuk and Reed made some encouraging plays on O. 

But I am beginning to cheer for a higher draft pick now--I know, shame on me! 

For shame lol! Teasing of course because I feel the same exact way. This offseason is going to be incredibly important especially since our Super Bowl window is going to be closing sooner rather than later. We need to hit on our draft picks and it would be great to be able to grab one of the top QBs. I feel like Jimmy has to be on his way out so we can pay Trent Williams. Kyle knows we NEED him or someone of his caliber. We noticed when we had Skule at tackle that he's (Trent) not replaceable. Ford and Richburg will be gone or at least one can hope. I don't understand why we would keep them. Draft both positions or get a replacement via FA. Is Alex Mack hitting FA? I know a lot of ppl like him to replace or at least be a bridge. I saw some drafts having us take Josh Myers from Ohio State in the second. I don't know if he would play more Guard or Center, but either way Kyle can't neglect the IOL any longer. I don't know if its necessarily question marks, but we def have a lot of key positions to fill this offseason (CB/IOL/T/Edge/QB). Is Juice a FA this year? I would imagine we almost have to extend him, or? Just my thought process for this offseason. Granted somethings will more than likely be answered as we get closer to the offseason, but the writing is on the wall.

• Like 1