Week 10: Lions 🦁 and Tigers 🐯 and a “Football Team,” Oh my!

turtle28

2 hours ago, Slappy Mc said:

This is an inaccurate depiction of the events. Jabrill Peppers was being blocked and going to the ground when he whipped his leg out and kicked Kyle Allen's leg. It was an obvious intentional trip/leg whip that hurt a player. The fact that there was no fine/suspension is appalling and indicates the NFL only cares about head injuries. 

Disagree. You put your leg back to get up don’t you if your laying in the ground like Peppers was? Allen was running away from him and Peppers was trying to bend his right leg so that Peppers could get up and try to tackle Allen who was scrambling to the right. It was just bad luck that at the same time he did that Allen was running right past him and Allen’s foot got caught under Peppers as he fell down.

I’ve dislocated my knee cap twice bc my foot was stepped on as I fell down and then my knee cap slipped out of place as I fell. It wasn’t done on purpose by my best friend in college or my uncle at our family reunion yearly pick up basketball game, it was an unfortunate accident.

1 hour ago, turtle28 said:

Disagree. You put your leg back to get up don’t you if your laying in the ground like Peppers was? Allen was running away from him and Peppers was trying to bend his right leg so that Peppers could get up and try to tackle Allen who was scrambling to the right. It was just bad luck that at the same time he did that Allen was running right past him and Allen’s foot got caught under Peppers as he fell down.

I’ve dislocated my knee cap twice bc my foot was stepped on as I fell down and then my knee cap slipped out of place as I fell. It wasn’t done on purpose by my best friend in college or my uncle at our family reunion yearly pick up basketball game, it was an unfortunate accident.

Watch again and tell me how it wasn't intentional. He whipped his leg where Allen was going to be. It was an attempt to trip him and it caused a devastating injury.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Maybe we could stop playing Gibson out of position and use him at wide receiver like we should....

I think we need to use him as both, he’s been good as a runner. Our OL isn’t good run blocking on the left side so we can’t be consistent w/ the run game though and our TE looks like a WB blocking - which he is. 

This is why cutting Peterson was stupid. Peterson should’ve been our 1st & 2nd down RB w/ Gibson as change of pace & McKissic as the 3rd down back. Most of time though I would have played Gibson at WR. Maybe it’s too much to ask of a rookie but that’s what I would’ve done with him. We talked about it since he was drafted. I don’t want to say we’re miscasting him bc he’s good as a RB too, but he would be more dynamic if we had him as a WR and got him the ball in space and change of pace running back.

7 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Beyond all that, no one can prove it was on purpose even if it truly was. That’s why I say it wasn’t, I don’t know how you fine/suspend someone when it’s not clear cut if it’s a leg whip or not.

https://www.nbcsports.com/washington/football-team/giants-safety-jabrill-peppers-fined-hit-washingtons-kyle-allen

giphy.gif

*Edit* Still think there should have been a suspension attached to this, but at least the league acknowledged that it was worthy of at least a fine.

Edited by Slappy Mc
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Slappy Mc said:

https://www.nbcsports.com/washington/football-team/giants-safety-jabrill-peppers-fined-hit-washingtons-kyle-allen

giphy.gif

*Edit* Still think there should have been a suspension attached to this, but at least the league acknowledged that it was worthy of at least a fine.

I still don’t think it was intentional but that won’t change anyone’s mind, I’m fully aware of that.

22 hours ago, Slappy Mc said:

Watch again and tell me how it wasn't intentional. He whipped his leg where Allen was going to be. It was an attempt to trip him and it caused a devastating injury.

His entire body motion as he came down was to intentionally roll into Allen. Watch it again in slow mo. He could've come down on his front. Instead he turns his back so he can roll into him and then when he hits the ground and doesn't feel contact, he pulls his right leg around to do the whip. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Beyond all that, no one can prove it was on purpose even if it truly was. That’s why I say it wasn’t, I don’t know how you fine/suspend someone when it’s not clear cut if it’s a leg whip or not.

It's clear if you watch his body as he comes down. He starts to fall toward his face. As he comes down he rolls back into where he thinks Kyle is going to be. Then, when he doesn't make contact with his back, he brings his other leg around, which does make contact.

Turtle, he's a DB. Anytime a DB is knocked to the ground they try to pop up immediately. That is how they are coached. As they are going to the ground (on their face), they maintain that posture and pop up. They don't roll around like a pregnant seal like Peppers did. The entire thing was an intentional roll by Peppers to hit him with his back and then whip the leg around. I'm okay with the fine they placed on him. But he should've been ejected. 

0:40 - he's falling to his face. 

0:41 - he hits the ground and instead of popping up, he rolls backwards to try to hit Allen. This is a low hit on a QB.

0:42 - after not making contact he whips his leg around to get Allen

0:42/0:43 - makes contact and then continues to roll around on the ground after that.

Watch at the end of the clip. He's now facing the ground and he pops up immediately. Which is what he should've done when he initially made contact with the ground. Hence, you absolutely can say this was intentional. 

• Like 1

Interesting stats I just saw:

Peterson is getting 12 carries a game for the Lions and averaging 44 ypg.

Gibson is getting 11 carries a game and averaging 49 ypg.

That’s 93 ypg instead of just 49 ypg.

So, presumably if we had kept Peterson we could have done with our O what most of us wanted to do and had a run first, not a pass first offense. We could’ve given Peterson 1st down/2nd & medium to short  yardage and had Gibson as a change of pace for Peterson as a RB and use him as WR in the slot on 3rd downs and on screens and our like many wanted to do and our running game would presumably be pretty good.

We do that and Gibson would be getting around 15 touches a game and Peterson would’ve been too. 

Edited by turtle28
  • Like 1