Week 10: Lions 🦁 and Tigers 🐯 and a “Football Team,” Oh my!

turtle28

14 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

A loss today and a Giants win should put us at the third pick. We probably aren’t catching the Jags or the Jets but that puts us in Sewell/Fields/Trade back range. 

For now. Don't forget that you will have to play us and Andy Dalton again. 

Our fans have already embraced the tank.

Edited by Tony7188

My big takeaway from the first half is why I hate this type of offense. You have to have elite athletes at each of the skill positions to consistently succeed with this kind of attack, and we only have one (maybe two, but they insist on limiting Gibson’s workload). 

Everything happening at, close to, or behind the LOS puts you in a position where you have to consistently be successful on each play to keep the ball and the chains moving. You’re trying to take the whole field in lots of bite size chunks instead of bigger pieces to make life easier. Plus the cutesy stuff in the red zone drives me insane. You’re not Andy Reid, bro. Stop trying to be.

• Like 3

Just now, e16bball said:

My big takeaway from the first half is why I hate this type of offense. You have to have elite athletes at each of the skill positions to consistently succeed with this kind of attack, and we only have one (maybe two, but they insist on limiting Gibson’s workload). 

Everything happening at, close to, or behind the LOS puts you in a position where you have to consistently be successful on each play to keep the ball and the chains moving. You’re trying to take the whole field in lots of bite size chunks instead of bigger pieces to make life easier. Plus the cutesy stuff in the red zone drives me insane. You’re not Andy Reid, bro. Stop trying to be.

Yep, entirely the offensive play-calling. It’s not all on the QB. That’s telling when all 3 QBs we’ve started is doing the same thing.

1 minute ago, turtle28 said:

Yep, entirely the offensive play-calling. It’s not all on the QB. That’s telling when all 3 QBs we’ve started is doing the same thing.

I disagree. Kyle Allen was not throwing to the RB every play. Making excuses for Smith, who has done this every season he’s been a starter regardless of system is just silly. 

2 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Yes, but at least one of the three options gives you the threat of a deep pass.