Week 10: Lions 🦁 and Tigers 🐯 and a “Football Team,” Oh my!

turtle28

6 hours ago, turtle28 said:

That’s why Apke was benched. He had to play bc Everrett had an injury. I’m not sure what Everrett’s injury was but I hope it’s not serious. 

Okay yes that was Apke no wonder the Detroit WR was able to get behind the secondary.  Everett is out 4 to 6 wks. If Apke maintains a starting role well that sums it up.

3 hours ago, Woz said:

*sigh* okay then ...

It’s not that cut and dry, I listened to the press conference. Rivera said he’s pleased with how Alex has played the last two games and if he continues to play like that he will have a chance to continue to be the starter next year but it’s something  the coaches and everyone in the organization will discuss after the season. He said if Alex can continue to play at this level he has a chance to play a few more years but that’s up to Alex and we will all discuss that after the season.

So, basically he’s open to the idea but hasn’t made a decision about it yet. Alex has to continue to play well and Alex has to want to continue to play a few more years and coaches/front office have to think that’s the correct direction for the team the next few years.

Its possible, not definite.

11 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

Rivera says he’s cool with Alex Smith as the starter for the next few years. 

Alex Smith can't get through a full 16 game season without falling apart.  His already under powered arms goes.  Even his last great year in kansas city had fans calling for him to be benched by end of the season.  That was years ago.  He didn't get younger in the mean time.  I am sure this is lip service because anyone should be able to see this.

I really don't get the argument of continuing to play him.  Lets see haskins.  This season is over.  Give Haskins another shot and show us that we should have no qualms about walking away from him next season.

3 minutes ago, offbyone said:

Alex Smith can't get through a full 16 game season without falling apart.  His already under powered arms goes.  Even his last great year in kansas city had fans calling for him to be benched by end of the season.  That was years ago.  He didn't get younger in the mean time.  I am sure this is lip service because anyone should be able to see this.

I really don't get the argument of continuing to play him.  Lets see haskins.  This season is over.  Give Haskins another shot and show us that we should have no qualms about walking away from him next season.

Hey you're preaching to the choir here I never wanted to trade for Alex Smith to begin with.  

• Like 1

I hated the trade for Smith from day one. First, it's a Snyder deal which means it's stupid and will hurt the team. Second, you traded an up and coming CB for which we ended up signing back as a free agent and a 2nd round pick. Why? Why do we keep trading for has been QBs? We need to get a real GM to draft the QB and the HC to develop him. Snyder needs to keep his non football knowledge and experience out of picking players. Heck, his son recommended Haskins cause they went to the same freaking school together! It proves my point that Snyder is the main reason we have been a joke of a team since he took over. He has had how many different HCs, QBs, GMs, DCs and schemes here and they all have manage to go down the drain. Sell the team! If you truly love the team, sell it. You could easily get four times what you paid for it. All the negative news you have brought to the table to this team has kept us in the threshold of fandom hell! Sell the team!