GDT:Jaguars @ packers

LinderFournette

2 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Heard Leon talk about him on 1010 this week. He's got some serious issues mechanically that have come on.

I think he would benefit playing guard to replace Cann down the road. How it was thought that he could possibly even be a LT down the line.. hell no! I said last year he was a guy who just has the intangibles but not actual drive to work on his short comings same thing with Cam no work ethic to improve in the offseason. We have to get better talent on the edges.

3 minutes ago, DuvalsKing said:

I think he would benefit playing guard to replace Cann down the road. How it was thought that he could possibly even be a LT down the line.. hell no! I said last year he was a guy who just has the intangibles but not actual drive to work on his short comings same thing with Cam no work ethic to improve in the offseason. We have to get better talent on the edges.

Disagree with all this. Those guys work with Mayweather in Houston every offseason. All I hear about is them working. 

Don't disagree they need to be better, but Cam has taken a large step forward this year. Jawaan has regressed after the strong showing in the second half last year.

Cam has played like a middle of the road LT. Considering where he was last year I'll take that in a heartbeat, and I'm even here for extending him on a 2-3 year deal to pay him as such.

This OL has been far from the problem this year. It's not a top unit, but that OL shut down that Packers DL all game up until that last drive where Jawaan got beat back to back plays. Not going to overreact to that.

Norwell has been fantastic. Linder has graded out as a top 5-10 C like usual, Cann has had the best year of his career, etc. All for improvements if there's one to be had but it's not some big pressing need. Cann should be looked to be upgraded and I'd prefer more good depth on the OT spots but I'm not "pressing" to alter any starter.

1 minute ago, .Buzz said:

Disagree with all this. Those guys work with Mayweather in Houston every offseason. All I hear about is them working. 

Don't disagree they need to be better, but Cam has taken a large step forward this year. Jawaan has regressed after the strong showing in the second half last year.

Cam has taken a huge step forward.. but this year is a contract year that’s just how I feel he’ll get money and fall off a cliff. Conditioning your body and working on your craft are different things I’m pretty sure boxing helps with your punch and your footwork from a quickness standpoint.. but those guys need to be in the grass working on the actual technique and nuances of the position not sparring that’s just my opinion. 

1 minute ago, DuvalsKing said:

Cam has taken a huge step forward.. but this year is a contract year that’s just how I feel he’ll get money and fall off a cliff. Conditioning your body and working on your craft are different things I’m pretty sure boxing helps with your punch and your footwork from a quickness standpoint.. but those guys need to be in the grass working on the actual technique and nuances of the position not sparring that’s just my opinion. 

Fair enough. I'm not an OL expert so I'm not going to talk like I know what's needed. But to talk like they're lazy/don't have drive I think is a bit much.

This team is taking a QB at the top and need help along the defense at 3T, edge, safety, and likely could use another couple weapons for that young QB. I don't care to open up another hole when we have someone in house who looks like a quality starter, especially for the blindside of my QB.

3 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Fair enough. I'm not an OL expert so I'm not going to talk like I know what's needed. But to talk like they're lazy/don't have drive I think is a bit much.

This team is taking a QB at the top and need help along the defense at 3T, edge, safety, and likely could use another couple weapons for that young QB. I don't care to open up another hole when we have someone in house who looks like a quality starter, especially for the blindside of my QB.

We need to be looking at t.  Its got good prospects thru round 3 i think

Just now, LinderFournette said:

We need to be looking at t.  Its got good prospects thru round 3 i think

Again, I'm fine drafting a guy for depth purposes/to push guys and eventually take over if they prove it. But I'm not letting Cam walk out the door unless he's asking for over $16M per. 

8 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Again, I'm fine drafting a guy for depth purposes/to push guys and eventually take over if they prove it. But I'm not letting Cam walk out the door unless he's asking for over $16M per. 

Im a fan of going bpa and letting the best 5 ol start.  Norwell and linder arent long-term players for us because we are rebuilding and they both late 20's. 

1 minute ago, LinderFournette said:

Im a fan of going bpa and letting the best 5 ol start.  Norwell and linder arent long-term players for us because we are rebuilding and they both late 20's. 

Yeah, I disagree. OL can play well into their early/mid 30s, they're fine.

Zero interest in breaking up an average OL when we have a young QB about to come in. A veteran OL who is solid will do wonders.

7 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Yeah, I disagree. OL can play well into their early/mid 30s, they're fine.

Zero interest in breaking up an average OL when we have a young QB about to come in. A veteran OL who is solid will do wonders.

Weve signed multiple vet ol and none have performed up to the expectations. 

I mean Zane beadles,  beachum, norwell all have underperformed. 

Norwell has shown some improvement but not worth the salary. 

Lawrence/fields deserve a good ol not an average 1. 

1 hour ago, LinderFournette said:

Weve signed multiple vet ol and none have performed up to the expectations. 

I mean Zane beadles,  beachum, norwell all have underperformed. 

Norwell has shown some improvement but not worth the salary. 

Lawrence/fields deserve a good ol not an average 1. 

Norwell is definitely worth his salary with how he's playing this year. I think he plays out his contract here as long as what he currently is doing continues. Hell, what he did prior wasn't even bad, he just had that one awful highlight every game or two that gave us a bad taste. Sucks he didn't live up to the hype, but this year he's been a legit good LG.

You keep acting like every OL prospect who looks promising in this upcoming draft will hit when they won't. In fact, most won't live up to their ceiling that get talked about and some may even be out of the league in a few years. I'm not breaking up/letting go of legit solid (or in Norwells case, a good OL) to open up more holes on this team to hope you hit on a pick that this organization hasn't consistently done. Especially when doing that could cause a big issues for the rookie QB like what Burrow is seeing in CIN. That man would KILL for an average OL like ours.