I am now calling the Plays....

DudeWhat???

I am calling the plays ......before they happen. 3rd and 10 ...1st and 5.....2nd and 2 ...1st and 10 after a 20 yard run by bell untouched... 1st and goal ...3rd and goal...it doesn't matter....i am calling out the plays and they are running them. i call two to three plays the same ones every time.. WR screen and shuttle pass..I make these play calls when they are needed the less...i make them at times when they are the most predictable. I make them so predictable that a defense playing zone can run all the way back underneath and shut them down before they even start. i make the defense look like  the flash was doing more than saving central city all day and may have a few off spring...but they are not...it's just that predictable and self defeating. Todd Haley is the Kevin Kolb of OC's....we gotta stop being the Cardinals....yes big ben is showing his age...and it maybe time to say goodbye..but slow down..he can be salvaged perhaps, if we realized he was right all along...Todd is our greatest weakness by far...in fact...he is our only true definite weakness...and he is such a huge weakness that he makes it seem like we have many other glaring weaknesses ...but we don't. we thought he got it going for a while..i mean wow...5 tds in one game ....its gotta be todd right? nah..we been carrying him this entire time. Just like his father. 

Now to the future...what OC's do you all think would be available in the  near future? which ones would you like?

just want a OC who's more flexible and creative on the fly .. one week Haley will come out with a nice looking game-plan followed up with 5 weeks of bleh .. swear our offense only works due to the physical talent showing up and not the scheme... like the opposite of what NE does

So in terms of potential coaches a little list of who I want:

Joe Moorhead - OC Penn State.  Yes is seems strange to dip into the pool of college coaches, but the NFL's style is trending that way.  We've got weapons abound and he looks to have things sorted out when it comes to keeping everyone happy.

Joe Philbin - Assistant HC/OL Colts.  Would he leave for this...maybe.  If Pagano is let go I can see Philbin looking for a job.  A little more of a run and gun offensive mind than a short tempo passing.  He's like Arians with the idea of some more blocking.

Norv Turner - Unemployed.  He's been a good OC in the past.  Could it be a matter of heading up an offense with talent?

Richard Mann - Steelers WR coach.  Does he have what it takes? I'm not sure.  But he's been turning out quality at his position and coaches them up really well.  I know he stated this is his last year, but is it because he's old, or hasn't had the shot yet?

Mike Bajakian — Buccaneers quarterbacks coach.  He's got talent, the ability to do it, and has developed Jamies into an acceptable QB.

AND ONE LAST SHOCK PICK:

Bruce Arians - Head Coach Cardinals.  I know it was an ugly breakup, but if he's let go by Arizona he's going to be the best offensive mind out there.  He knows Ben (if he's back), he knows Tomlin, and he's evolved as a play caller IMO.

3 hours ago, warfelg said:

So in terms of potential coaches a little list of who I want:

Joe Moorhead - OC Penn State.  Yes is seems strange to dip into the pool of college coaches, but the NFL's style is trending that way.  We've got weapons abound and he looks to have things sorted out when it comes to keeping everyone happy.

Joe Philbin - Assistant HC/OL Colts.  Would he leave for this...maybe.  If Pagano is let go I can see Philbin looking for a job.  A little more of a run and gun offensive mind than a short tempo passing.  He's like Arians with the idea of some more blocking.

Norv Turner - Unemployed.  He's been a good OC in the past.  Could it be a matter of heading up an offense with talent?

Richard Mann - Steelers WR coach.  Does he have what it takes? I'm not sure.  But he's been turning out quality at his position and coaches them up really well.  I know he stated this is his last year, but is it because he's old, or hasn't had the shot yet?

Mike Bajakian — Buccaneers quarterbacks coach.  He's got talent, the ability to do it, and has developed Jamies into an acceptable QB.

AND ONE LAST SHOCK PICK:

Bruce Arians - Head Coach Cardinals.  I know it was an ugly breakup, but if he's let go by Arizona he's going to be the best offensive mind out there.  He knows Ben (if he's back), he knows Tomlin, and he's evolved as a play caller IMO.

Norv Turner would turn this offense into a Top 5.  One last hurrah for the old-timer.  (only 65)

The depot is breaking down Ben's picks and they noticed how predictable the plays have been. I know someone mentioned it here but it also seems like Ben isn't pump faking as much as he once did. When Ben was at his peak his pump fake was one of the best I've seen and a thing of beauty. He needs to start doing that more often. I wonder if it has something to do with the timing of the offense?

14 minutes ago, MOSteelers56 said:

The depot is breaking down Ben's picks and they noticed how predictable the plays have been. I know someone mentioned it here but it also seems like Ben isn't pump faking as much as he once did. When Ben was at his peak his pump fake was one of the best I've seen and a thing of beauty. He needs to start doing that more often. I wonder if it has something to do with the timing of the offense?

It does.

It's all coming down to play design and setup.  It really is.

This is about playcalling.  I would not hire Mann since he is going to retire after this year.  I think Fitchner would get the nod if Haley is let go.

I will disagree with some of the above.  Ben can't move well to do a decent PA.  It is on Ben to do his pump fake.  Ben's skills have eroded and teams know to take away the deep ball and it kills this team.

Archived