I am now calling the Plays....

DudeWhat???

24 minutes ago, jebrick said:

I think Haley should be in the box so he can see what the defense is doing.  Or replace the people that are there.  In game adjustments need to be happening.

Great suggestion about the box. The idea was tossed around and actually used during the preseason.  Maybe it is time to reconsider.

Use the OL that you are paying all that money to. Trust it to keep your QB upright. Make the DB's run and change directions. They aren't currently asked to do that as much as they should. Intermediate passing routes should be the bread and butter of this offense - not go routes and dump offs to stiffs. It's the passing game that's not working right now, and if it doesn't get on track, you aren't running the ball to anything that matters. People who keep telling themselves that are deluded. We've seen years of this offense now and the run game has never opened up the pass. You want to keep trying? Then find a way to fix the play-action passing game because it is horribly broken.

Frankly, I'm more tempted to just say shift to a full no-huddle attack. Because even as bad as the offense has been so far, with tempo and no-huddle they've been pretty damn good. Like clockwork. When one guys fingers are off the buttons, the offense clicks. We've seen this **** for too many years now and yet keep banging our heads against the wall. The problem is the scheme and the guy calling plays. Not the talent. It's a bad joke that people can't admit it.

This is a team that should be able to do whatever it wants on a weekly basis. And the notion that Roethlisberger is physically done is laughable. The idea that he's regressing in his reads is laughable. The idea that this team can't run the ball because Bell is done is laughable. The problem is that the offense has no coherent plan of attack. They need an identity, and then they need to play off said identity. Then they can be a team that can pass and run on anyone. Because they should be able to do either on a weekly basis with the talent they have.

Archived