Bryce Loves returns to practice in Washington, taking step towards return to field

2 hours ago, Vladimir L said:

Cant stay healthy

We don’t know if Love can or can’t stay healthy yet. Of course you have to GET healthy to prove you can stay healthy and hopefully finally Love has finally gotten there.

We haven’t seen him on the field yet, I hope we do the second half of the year bc if he’s healthy he’ll be another explosive player out of our backfield.

Edited by turtle28

3 hours ago, Vladimir L said:

Cant stay healthy

I mean, he’s been hurt once and it was really bad. Reuben Foster still hasn’t recovered from the same injury. It’s not easy to come back from immediately and they haven’t rushed it. Love is still very young and doesn’t cost much so finding out what we have isn’t hurting anything. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, lavar703 said:

I mean, he’s been hurt once and it was really bad. Reuben Foster still hasn’t recovered from the same injury. It’s not easy to come back from immediately and they haven’t rushed it. Love is still very young and doesn’t cost much so finding out what we have isn’t hurting anything. 

Exactly, just a single injury.  He has certainly had a roller coaster recovery from what was said to be a very straightforward acl repair.  This is an injury that most athletes typically come back from 100%.  Obviously the recovery has gone poorly.  But there is still no indication that he shouldn't come back 100%.  Frankly, I think it is a bit of a mystery what is going on with the knee.  I do think the pressure is on at this point for him to get on the field.  Lets hope this last stint on IR allowed him to get to where he needed to go.  

• Like 1

I do wonder if we would’ve been better suited to play Gibson at receiver due to his size and terrible pass blocking? I really think he’d be extremely explosive and just a nightmare for teams spread out wide opposite McLaurin. With that in mind, being able to get Love, McKissic and Gibson all on the field at the same time would need ridiculous. McKissic and Gibson could split out wide and Love lining up in the backfield would fool defenses. I love what Gibson brings but man, I just think he would be so good as a full time receiver. 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, RSkinGM said:

Read today he's remaining on I R-Done for the season. He may never play a down for the WFT .  Oh well- you rolls the dice and this one was snake eyes !

I wonder how much that had to do with the lateness of the season and Gibson breaking out?

2 hours ago, Thaiphoon said:

I wonder how much that had to do with the lateness of the season and Gibson breaking out?

True.  Not just Gibson, but also Barber showing a lot and McKissic too, they might just not have the need for him to take a roster spot.

I hope the knee finally heals up this winter and he can show us something next year.  

• Like 1

On 12/2/2020 at 3:37 PM, RSkinGM said:

Read today he's remaining on I R-Done for the season. He may never play a down for the WFT .  Oh well- you rolls the dice and this one was snake eyes !

Here’s a thought, remember when Shanahan drafted Chris Thompson in the 5th round of the 2013 NFL Draft after his injury plagued college career at Florida State and Thompson’s first two years in DC he didn’t see the field bc he still couldn’t stay healthy? 

Then, that 3rd year in 2015 CT showed what he could do and while he still got injured every year and missed some games every year of his career he was still an amazing player for us.

Maybe that’s the type of career we get out of Bryce Love next year and moving forward.

I will add though that in the first 4 rounds of the draft, I don’t want to see Washington draft a player coming off a major injury. Can we just draft some healthy players for once?

Thanks! Washington Football Team fans.

Edited by turtle28