Weak Ten: Jacksenville Jaguars @ GBP

mikebpackfan

Jag-wires?  

33 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of people that pronounce it Jag-wires?

• They are Jag Offs
    • They should be hung from their testicles until death
    • I think it really classes it up.
    • People really say it that way?

2 hours ago, vegas492 said:

• Didn't realize this, but Rison had a 1092 yard season and 7 TD's in 1997 after he left GB and went to the Chiefs.  He made the Pro Bowl that year.

I remember him having a good year after he left, but it didn't really matter because we were such a force that year.  Until we got our backsides Shanahanded to us in the SB that is.  2nd place might feel worse than 32nd place.  I'll always hate the Broncos and Horseface after that game.

15 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Do your thing guys.

...please.

I don't believe you guys will out Jest NY, but that 2 spot is very attainable.  Although, the 6th round seems like where your front office uncover gems. 

If the full tank happens, do you try to bring Nathaniel Hackett back as HC and pair him with one of the top QB prospects?  We hope not.

2 hours ago, vegas492 said:

Fun facts....

Marcedes Lewis was a first round pick for Jacksonville.  Now in his twilight, he is the steady veteran in the Packers TE room.

• They've started 10 other tight ends since they released him.
  • He is the only player drafted in the first round that Rodgers has ever thrown a touchdown to.

Our OC, Hacket, was in Jacksonville for 2 years.  

• In one of those years, his offense was the 5'th highest scoring offense in the league (with Blake Bortles) and that team went to the AFC Championship game.

Tyler Ervin was there for a cup of coffee.

• First he became our savior on the return teams, and now he runs a mean motion package.

Allen Lazard signed with them as an UDFA and spent time on their practice squad.

• Comes to GB, instantly has chemistry with Rodgers.  Rodgers lobbies him into a game last year and now he's our #2 WR.

Kampman signed with the Jags when GB moved on from the star DE after switching to a 3/4 defense.

Josh Jones is listed as the started strong safety for the Jags.  Though I think he is banged up.

Bryce Paup played 3 seasons for the Jags at the end of his career.

Mark Brunell, a Packers 5'th round pick, was traded to the Jags for a 3rd and a 5th round pick.  After declining to be traded to the Eagles.  He went on to become the face of their franchise and hold a lot of offensive records for the team.  He was inducted into their Ring of Honor.

Andre Rison was released from Jacksonville in 1996.  Paving his way to come to Green Bay and help that team win a Superb Owl.

• Didn't realize this, but Rison had a 1092 yard season and 7 TD's in 1997 after he left GB and went to the Chiefs.  He made the Pro Bowl that year.

LeRoy Butler was born in Jacksonville.

Don't forget Davon House's lockdown season in JAX, which prompted numerous analysis posts here (which may or may have not influenced our Front Office into signing him again after his stint there).

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Refugee said:

I don't believe you guys will out Jest NY, but that 2 spot is very attainable.  Although, the 6th round seems like where your front office uncover gems. 

If the full tank happens, do you try to bring Nathaniel Hackett back as HC and pair him with one of the top QB prospects?  We hope not.

I'm good with Fields.

Gonna pass on Hackett. I'd prefer Brady, Bienimy, or Saleh (whole bringing Mike McDaniel as OC).

1 minute ago, ThatJerkDave said:

screw up draft positions?  LOL 

This squad doesn't have Dalvin Cook (although JRob is good). You're in luck.

• Like 1