Week 10 General Discussion

ET80

Giving this slate a low one. 4 out of 10.

Some things worth watching, like Herbert vs Tua (even though I hate the QB vs QB thing...), Seattle vs LAR (tbf this is mouth watering) and Bills vs Cards.

There are some utter blow outs potentials like Baltimore vs NE (bet the over on Bal), Packers vs Jags, Steelers vs Bengals, maybe Saints vs 9ers.

Dunno, hope I'm wrong, but doesn't look great. I'll still watch OBVIOUSLY...

8 minutes ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Dunno, hope I'm wrong, but doesn't look great. I'll still watch OBVIOUSLY...

Browns/Texans might set some yardage records. Browns can run, Texans can't stop the run. Texans can pass, Browns can't stop the pass. 

I'm sure both DCs should be working on their resumes at halftime, it's going to look bad on them.

Just now, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

I really hope this is the game where the Ravens offense comes out and puts some major points on the board and makes a statement in prime time. It probably won't happen, but boy would it be nice.

What do you mean it probably wont happen? It's the most likely scenerio.

Ravens are the most productive team on the ground, with 170 rushing yards per game / we are 25th best at stopping the run, giving up 131 yards per game. 

Ravens have the best defense giving up the fewest points in the NFL with 17.8 per game / we are the 30th best offense at scoring with 20.8 points per game. Conversely the Ravens O is 8th, with 28.4 points per game.

It's one of those examples of games where one team's strengths are enhanced by the other team's weaknesses

13 minutes ago, Hunter2_1 said:

What do you mean it probably wont happen? It's the most likely scenerio.

Ravens are the most productive team on the ground, with 170 rushing yards per game / we are 25th best at stopping the run, giving up 131 yards per game. 

Ravens have the best defense giving up the fewest points in the NFL with 17.8 per game / we are the 30th best offense at scoring with 20.8 points per game. Conversely the Ravens O is 8th, with 28.4 points per game.

It's one of those examples of games where one team's strengths are enhanced by the other team's weaknesses

I mean yeah all signs are pointing towards us lighting up the scoreboard, but for whatever reason the offense just hasn't put up points this year like they did ALL of last year.

4 hours ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

I mean yeah all signs are pointing towards us lighting up the scoreboard, but for whatever reason the offense just hasn't put up points this year like they did ALL of last year.

Do you think they regret trading Hurst? Seems like not having that same multi-TE threat in the red zone has hurt them this year. 

32 minutes ago, Starless said:

Do you think they regret trading Hurst? Seems like not having that same multi-TE threat in the red zone has hurt them this year. 

I don't think they regret trading him, it's more of they might regret doing literally nothing to replace him and now being stuck using our FB as TE3.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Shanedorf said:

We aren't allowed to bump old threads at FF
But if we were allowed, this one is a prime candidate for bumping. Amazing how different things look moving from August -> November

Time Flies
Like an Arrow
Fruit Flies
Like Bananas

A lot of people were correctly picking the Patriots, 49ers and Texans. Though the Pats' collapse wasn't altogether unexpected.

Im looking forward too Seahawks v Rams this Sunday. Big game for both teams. McVay is (4-2) against Pete and has won 4 out the last 5 games. As I often say the only two losses came from a Kupp GW TD drop and a Zeurlein GW FG miss. Then after each loss the Rams came back the next meeting later on that season and crushed the Seahawks. That included the worst home loss in Seattle franchise history losing 42-7. The highlight of my Rams life was in the game when Gurley hit a big home run td and JB Long said "Gurley For MVP!" lol. Anyways, I feel like Sunday will be close because outside of those two blowouts by the Rams, the other 4 games were decided by a single possession. We all remember that 4th and 1 Goff QB sneak. The motto of the Rams was not being afraid to fail. We know had Goff not made that first down, they wouldve given the Seahawks great field position, Wilson was hot in that game and in both meetings that 2018 season the Seahawks were gashing the Rams in the running game. The Seahawks wouldve won because all they needed was a FG. 

The key this year though is unlike 2018, the Rams can stop the run and the Seahawks havent shown they truly can or even want to run the ball. So if Russ want to cook he has a guy in Donald who has sacked him more times than any other QB he has faced in his career. Thats not something Wilson want to have on his HOF resume. Plus a couple of those sacks Donald has had on Wilson has been horrendous where you just hold your breath hoping Wilson can just get up and not be hurt. So its going to be an interesting game. If the Seahawks win they will go up 2 games against the Rams (3 game if you count the head to head) and possibly 2 games up on the Cards (I think the Cards lose to the Bills). If Rams win they leap from the Seahawks and the Seahawks go from being tied for 1st place in the NFC with the Saints and in lone 1st place in the NFC West till the what 6th seed in the NFC and in 3rd place in the NFC West. Again I think the Cards lose so there will be a 3 way tie in the NFC West if the Rams win but the Cards will be in 1st place due to having the better divisional record.

1 hour ago, Starless said:

A lot of people were correctly picking the Patriots, 49ers and Texans. Though the Pats' collapse wasn't altogether unexpected.

Neither was the Texans - it was only a matter of time before BoB's regime showed its true self. That early schedule was also a beast of burden, highly doubt anyone gets out of that with a winning record.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Shanedorf said:

We aren't allowed to bump old threads at FF
But if we were allowed, this one is a prime candidate for bumping. Amazing how different things look moving from August -> November

Time Flies
Like an Arrow
Fruit Flies
Like Bananas

Can't believe some clown picked Chiefs to go 3-13.

Edited by Bearerofnews