Week 10 General Discussion

ET80

11 hours ago, Bearerofnews said:

Signing in to go to battle for the AFC.

AFC >>NFC

NFC teams with winning records are 10-7 vs the AFC

AFC teams with winning records are 20-3 vs the NFC.

AFC is better by alot. Possibly biggest gap in 30 years, i said it. SB will be a blowout...

I do think the AFC is better, but only because of the Chiefs/Steelers. Everyone else aligns pretty evenly AFC - NFC.

7 of those 20 wins for the AFC are against the NFC East, where the Steelers/Ravens/Browns are currently 7-0.

13-3 is still better than 10-7, obviously, so I do agree that the AFC is better overall. But in the same way that nobody should come away from yesterdays game thinking the Cardinals are better than the Bills, nobody should have come away from the Rams/Bills game earlier this year thinking that the Bills were better than the Rams. Those are just two examples, but generally head to head results can be misleading. Another great example of that is the Niners taking the Patriots to the woodshed, and then the Ravens losing to them last night. Doesn't mean the Niners are better than the Ravens, obviously.

And prior to this year the NFC was better, for at least the last two years, but the AFC still won the Super Bowl the past two years, so I wouldn't be too quick to proclaim that.

14 hours ago, candyman93 said:

Rest on this:

No more BOB, ever.

It goes so much further than that, though. I can't bare the thought of any other team - rival or otherwise - having to deal with that madman. BoB getting another job (any job, not just a HC gig) means people are forgiving him for the most lopsided trade ever... Sam Bradford to MN for a 1st seems like a steal of a deal for MN in hindsight.

I need to start a campaign to make sure BoB never works for a football team again. He could become a talking head for the networks, he could start up a radio career in Sports talk radio, he could run an Enterprise Car Rental location - but I need to make sure he never gets a football coaching/GM job again, even at a HS level. 

BoB needs to be permabanned. And I'm just the right guy for the job.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, FrantikRam said:

I do think the AFC is better, but only because of the Chiefs/Steelers. Everyone else aligns pretty evenly AFC - NFC.

7 of those 20 wins for the AFC are against the NFC East, where the Steelers/Ravens/Browns are currently 7-0.

13-3 is still better than 10-7, obviously, so I do agree that the AFC is better overall. But in the same way that nobody should come away from yesterdays game thinking the Cardinals are better than the Bills, nobody should have come away from the Rams/Bills game earlier this year thinking that the Bills were better than the Rams. Those are just two examples, but generally head to head results can be misleading. Another great example of that is the Niners taking the Patriots to the woodshed, and then the Ravens losing to them last night. Doesn't mean the Niners are better than the Ravens, obviously.

And prior to this year the NFC was better, for at least the last two years, but the AFC still won the Super Bowl the past two years, so I wouldn't be too quick to proclaim that.

So the Bills scoring with 30 seconds on an absolute ridiculous catch they get to be good,  but us doing the same (although a bit more ridiculous play) you wann chalk it as luck?  Is that your basis for Bills being better?

Did you see the game?  We got to the 5 yard line and kicked 3 FG's.  They made 3 50+ Fg's, each of a career long (one hitting upright and bouncing in), second time in history in a game,  each personal best.   We completely gashed them in the run game (even outside Murray) and held their rushing to only a couple scampers, but largely shut it down.  See the Fitz interception?

We didn't get breaks most of the game, they got breaks.   We also did more mistakes than them also, which is why it was even close.  Wasting timeouts,  10 men on field, consecutive penalties,  etc.   It actually shouldn't hace been close but we fell behind. But we do what we do and keep chugging. The points eventually came.  They are a good team.

It was a close game, but to watch (or not watch) and definitively say Bills are better is not very genuine take.  I'm not saying outright Cards are better either, but we had a bad beat with Miami and we are definitely close with both teams.  

Edited by Zalixar

8 minutes ago, Zalixar said:

So the Bills scoring with 30 seconds on an absolute ridiculous catch they get to be good,  but us doing the same (although a bit more ridiculous play) you wann chalk it as luck?  Is that your basis for Bills being better?

Did you see the game?  We got to the 5 yard line and kicked 3 FG's.  They made 3 50+ Fg's, each of a career long (one hitting upright and bouncing in), second time in history in a game,  each personal best.   We completely gashed them in the run game (even outside Murray) and held their rushing to only a couple scampers, but largely shut it down.  See the Fitz interception?

We didn't get breaks most of the game, they got breaks.   We also did more mistakes than them also, which is why it was even close.  Wasting timeouts,  10 men on field, consecutive penalties,  etc.   It actually shouldn't hace been close but we fell behind. But we do what we do and keep chugging. The points eventually came.  They are a good team.

It was a close game, but to watch (or not watch) and definitively say Bills are better is not very genuine take.  I'm not saying outright Cards are better either, but we had a bad beat with Miami and we are definitely close with both teams.  

Are you even trying to put those two things in the same realm as far as luck and probability go?

2 minutes ago, BlaqOptic said:

Are you even trying to put those two things in the same realm as far as luck and probability go?

I think it was just under 10% chance for us, from what I've seen in articles on probability. The pass to Diggs was probably in the 30's.

But talking about the whole game, it shouldn't have even come down to that, their TD should have been a forced onside kick to score again being down still.  But it wasnt cause the game bounced the way it did.  Don't judge the game on a last play and think yeah, Cards got lucky and that's that.  Cause we got extremely unlucky,  then lucky.  No one would be talking about how Cards got unlucky, we would just have a loss.  Now what, we are just lucky?

Edited by Zalixar

5 hours ago, ET80 said:

It goes so much further than that, though. I can't bare the thought of any other team - rival or otherwise - having to deal with that madman. BoB getting another job (any job, not just a HC gig) means people are forgiving him for the most lopsided trade ever... Sam Bradford to MN for a 1st seems like a steal of a deal for MN in hindsight.

I need to start a campaign to make sure BoB never works for a football team again. He could become a talking head for the networks, he could start up a radio career in Sports talk radio, he could run an Enterprise Car Rental location - but I need to make sure he never gets a football coaching/GM job again, even at a HS level. 

Wouldn’t shock me if he was doing some Pete Rose type of crap. There’s no way any human can be as incompetent as him.

There was some level of malicious intent behind his decisions.

5 hours ago, FrantikRam said:

The cardinals are better than the bills 

https://www.miamiherald.com/news/local/crime/article247215956.html

Geezus christ this dude is a menace to society. He's proven time after time to have the literal inability to operate within the confines of anything remotely resembling a prosocial manner. The NFL never fails to astound me as to how much they're willing to stomach in the name of talent. And Tom Brady specifically deserves WAY more criticism than he's gotten for the leaps and bounds he's gone to get this guy back on his team.

He deserves to be closer to a prison cell than on an NFL roster.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ET80 said:

Here's the thing though. BoB definitely needed to go, so that's not a second guess. The problem is who has risen to fill the power vacuum: This freaking Jack Easterby. Holy crap I won't pretend I know THAT much about him, but from everything I've heard he seems like a charlatan and a goddamn snake. Wouldn't want this character anywhere close to my franchise.

18 minutes ago, DannyB said:

Geezus christ this dude is a menace to society. He's proven time after time to have the literal inability to operate within the confines of anything remotely resembling a prosocial manner. The NFL never fails to astound me as to how much they're willing to stomach in the name of talent. And Tom Brady specifically deserves WAY more criticism than he's gotten for the leaps and bounds he's gone to get this guy back on his team.

Agree 100%. Brady sticking his neck out for this psycho is a big reason why I'm glad I don't have to root for him anymore. Not only is he trying to shield him from serious accountability, but he's trying to 'fix' him by involving TONY ROBBINS, of all people?! AYFKM!?

5 hours ago, Zalixar said:

Go back and read my post - nowhere did I say the Bills were better. I said nobody could watch that game and say the Cardinals were definitely the better team - based on the outcome - but that's not saying the Bills are definitively better.

58 minutes ago, DannyB said:

Maybe I’m just warped, but I could understand the situation. His reactions are certainly extreme, but they changed his privileges. Did he know? They also apparently didn’t let his guest in after he arrived and explicitly gave instructions to let the guest in as specified in his privileges? Why not?

Again his reactions are extreme but I also don’t think THIS is the incident to get him removed from the NFL. Damaging $300 worth of surveillance equipment out of frustration. If Antonio Brown wasn’t Antonio Brown, I don’t think this incident especially considering the response of the president of the HOA, deserves a boat load of attention. They amicably resolved it. The situation was resolved without further disruption, I don’t see the huge deal here.

With your reaction I assumed he had engaged in armed robbery or sexual assault or something heinous and malicious. Regular people have done things like this before and generally it’s resolved without much fuss. I get that it IS Antonio Brown, but if dude literally has anger management issues and is working on it and this situation was indeed resolved amicably as stated. I don’t see this as a huge deal. Especially if he’s actually getting better at controlling his frustrations. Either way, I think it’s certainly worth keeping our eye on, but this isn’t something that should determine his chances in the NFL unless more comes out IMO.

Edited by diamondbull424

1 hour ago, DannyB said:

Here's the thing though. BoB definitely needed to go, so that's not a second guess. The problem is who has risen to fill the power vacuum: This freaking Jack Easterby. Holy crap I won't pretend I know THAT much about him, but from everything I've heard he seems like a charlatan and a goddamn snake. Wouldn't want this character anywhere close to my franchise.

Oh, I agree wholeheartedly. Jack Easterby is a megachurch pastor, he's scum and needs to be let go, ASAP.

• Like 1