Week 10 GDT: Ravens vs. Off-Brand Patriots

AFlaccoSeagulls

7 minutes ago, M.10.E said:

Fully agree. Just going to be tough sledding for Lamar going forward with this supporting cast.

I think a lot is up in the air right now. I doubt Roman and Harbaugh venture into a complete systemic overhaul to a spread quick passing hurry up fast paced explosive pass happy on first, second, every down offense .

My bet is they will try and put someone into Boyles role and just "accept" the lesser output, as long as they can work with their bread and butter offense. Whether that is the right move or not is difficult to get a grasp on, until we actually try (and succeed or fail) comitting to a new system. They most likely see us as a team that is right there in the playoff hunt and therefor we should not change too much, but still try and be a "ball controlling offense".

13 minutes ago, Danand said:

I think a lot is up in the air right now. I doubt Roman and Harbaugh venture into a complete systemic overhaul to a spread quick passing hurry up fast paced explosive pass happy on first, second, every down offense .

My bet is they will try and put someone into Boyles role and just "accept" the lesser output, as long as they can work with their bread and butter offense. Whether that is the right move or not is difficult to get a grasp on, until we actually try (and succeed or fail) comitting to a new system. They most likely see us as a team that is right there in the playoff hunt and therefor we should not change too much, but still try and be a "ball controlling offense".

Just think the downgrade from giving a guy off the street Nick Boyle's snaps will be too much vs going 3 wide or Andrew/Ricard on the field. Who knows what our OL will look like next week. Nick Boyle is an irreplaceable guy in this offense.

Edited by M.10.E
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, M.10.E said:

Just think the downgrade from giving a guy off the street Nick Boyle's snaps will be too much vs going 3 wide or Andrew/Ricard on the field. Who knows what our OL will look like next week. Nick Boyle is an irreplaceable guy in this offense.

And when we ultimately replace him with Luke Willson we're going to get a clear picture of why that is.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

And when we ultimately replace him with Luke Willson we're going to get a clear picture of why that is.

I honestly don't know how we run the same offense without him and still put up decent numbers. Move Ricard to his spot and just go no FB? Ricard is an even worse receiver than Boyle and would provide no threat past the LOS.

Also, Lamar refuses to step into this throws to the left sideline and it irks me. That pass to Duvernay was so ugly and he like fades away. He has no issues gunning his throws down the middle, but has little confidence throwing to the sidelines.

2 minutes ago, M.10.E said:

Also, Lamar refuses to step into this throws to the left sideline and it irks me. That pass to Duvernay was so ugly and he like fades away. He has no issues gunning his throws down the middle, but has little confidence throwing to the sidelines.

I have to go back and watch that pass, because that looked really odd and I wondered if it was tipped once it happened. Just looked like a floater without reason for it to be.

41 minutes ago, M.10.E said:

I was like 89% sure that was going to be picked off because of how much it floated. Not a good display of his arm strength at all.

Queen reads the play, but just stands there and waits to get blocked. If you're going to make mistakes, make them going 100mph and attacking the blocker. Harrison gets caught in the wash doing nothing. Someone gets double team and pushed back 10 yards instantly.

Edited by M.10.E

Queen had a bunch of those yesterday. In harrisons defense, I saw him blow up blockers several times and stopping blockers in their tracks by taking them heads on. For Queen, I really hope it is a part of the process and he learns to trust his eyes and pull the trigger every time. Even with his athleticism, he will be slow if he hesitates.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Danand said:

You acted like you knew he did something - I didn't act like I knew he did/or did not use his best play.

I am pointing out that you over and over again act like you know something, or are able to deduct yourself to a conclusion - when all you do is guess and create scenarios that fit your agenda.

Sry, but I am just provoked when you act/write like that. It has nothing to do with "GFTO, logical fallacy, I  have evidence because there was a trick play that worked". I can see it and recognize it was well executed. I can also see they did not try anything else in a tight tight game where our defense got a better grip on the game - unless you think their outside runs was examples of "McDaniels better plays".

You know jack **** about how hard they worked at that play. Maybe they said it in the post game interviews, that they had it planned, or it could be something in their play archive they saw fit to use, but just based on the play, you can't say "they had clearly workd hard on it". 

You have convinced yourself that you know these things. I am sorry to tell you, that you don't and ask you to please stop acting like you do.

You’re the one who needs to provide the evidence. McDaniels made claims to the media about what he would do in the game, that he would run his best plays early. So are you calling HIM a liar? Are you calling Collinsworth a liar? Perhaps you should instead launch into a twitter rant to Collinsworth that his words can’t be believed.

How do you know he’s not telling the truth? Why would I not take the man at his word? Why if McDaniels offense is producing while also running creative trick plays to assist in activating their passing game (which hadn’t been as successful to that point) does that not backup the man’s word that he was utilizing his best plays?

How about you provide evidence as to why those words shouldn’t be believed. You’ve committed a logical fallacy in your argument just so you can attack that post? What’s more instead of offering up evidence against words that McDaniels uttered to the media, you now switch to make this some sort of personal vendetta about how you don’t “like the way I speak.”

Please don’t get yourself banned again by going down such slippery slopes.

Furthermore and more importantly, you continue to defend Greg Roman, yet tendencies that I’ve mentioned with outside runs to JKD getting him tackled in the backfield since like week 3 (I don’t know the actual week but something like that) continue to show up on tape every game and continue to get shutdown with no specific counters off that to exploit the over aggressiveness of defenses attacking that play in the backfield.

@AFlaccoSeagulls has called him out for having WR routes in the same area constantly. Bills and 49ers fans called him out for his stagnancy in the passing attack as well as his lack of creativity in the offense in general. A Patriots player PRIOR to this game called our offense out for it being “simple” after the Jets game and guess what, they held our offense to 17 points. Perhaps, if that player is to actually be believed (because, you know, guys might be just telling lies to the media intentionally), that means that our offense actually is very simple? But hey, what do I know right. I’m sure everyone with claims against Roman have been lying all along and I shouldn’t be taking anyone at their word.

There is enough talent on the offense to produce far more than we’ve seen. Idgaf about the injuries either because the offense has been trash all season. In the offseason, numerous fans, including myself felt that the offense needed to evolve this season to stay ahead of what defenses would have planned, show them different personnel groupings and looks that they weren’t prepared for.

Yet this past game, after Boyle went down and we were forced to use it, that was the first game where we ran that much 11 personnel all season. To Roman’s credit he had been throwing more on 1st down to start that game and that in particular wasn’t a reactionary move, but we were still relying on Patrick Ricard as our check down back vs subbing him for Willie Snead.

Just imagine if we had run more 11 personnel early in that game, which had obvious success at the close of the Indy game and even last night outside of Skura’s errant snaps holding our offense back from probably multiple additional scores on that Pats defense. Just imagine had we been using those same plays when the rain was light and the winds were light enough to deal with? Perhaps Skura’s snaps aren’t quite as erratic dealing with the light rain? Perhaps we would have had the lead and would have been forcing Cam to pass late in that monsoon? Perhaps the game would have already been over by that point as we would have salted away the game with runs to Gus Edwards down the stretch. Who knows? We won’t know. Because Roman refused to adjust his personnel groupings that have been ineffective in producing rush efficiency success all season long.

Are we #1 in rushing? Yeah, but it’s because we run 65% of the time on 1st down and like 62% of the time with 1st and 2nd down. We have volume on our side and in part, it’s helping to produce the “leading #1 rushing attack in the NFL.” But if we ran less, the rushing attack could actually have the ability to be more efficient and thus maintain current output while increasing our output in the passing attack. I’m not even the analytics head on this forum, but the numbers point to us needing to pass the ball more, and the results have been providing those insights as viable solutions that needed to have been and still continue to need to be explored moving forward with this offense.

Edited by diamondbull424

1 hour ago, M.10.E said:

Queen reads the play, but just stands there and waits to get blocked. If you're going to make mistakes, make them going 100mph and attacking the blocker. Harrison gets caught in the wash doing nothing. Someone gets double team and pushed back 10 yards instantly.

Look at the way 76 + 62 easily move our DE off the ball to create that lane for Harris. I mean, on top of Queen not filling the gap, that stands out to me. That and also our NT gets zero push on David Andrews.

You are good at writing long posts. Fact is, that you act like you know things you have absolutely no clue about. 

You have done it many times. You know what happens at practice, you know who puts in the long hours of work - except you don't. You guess.

I don't have to provide evidence for nothing, as I have not stated anything other, than that you speak of things you don't know anything about.

Nice threatening me with a ban. Trying to be a bully or just trying to be condecending?