End the madness (Thanksgiving)

N4L

This is a tradition that needs to be put out of its misery in the most grotesque way imaginable 

Why on earth do the goddamn lions and cowboys play on Thanksgiving every year? 

I understand the cowboys ... but the lions?? Why are we subjecting ourselves to this nonsense 

No one wants to watch these two dog poo teams on primetime, yet every single year we get stuck with not one but TWO games with these lower tier franchises 

Both teams aren't good and the NFL knows it, so they can't have them play any other good teams. So instead of a showcase of the best the NFL has to offer, we get FOUR teams that are middle of the pack at best 

I have had enough of watching the 2 win cowboys play the 2 win pigskins and the 2 win lions playhe 3 win Texans on Americas best football holiday 

It's time to completely scrape it, or better yet, make them play each other every year. It's the only true solution. That way both franchise's fans can wear bags over their heads because this is an embarrassment

• Like 8

I agree. I don't understand it either. It's a marketing plan for the NFL and for Jerruah (don't underestimate his power with owners). He/they knows that most households are going to be holding events on thanksgiving and they're going to have their TV's on (whether or not the guests are football fans or not) thus raising the overall ratings and profiting from it. This alone ups the value. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, JAF-N72EX said:

Don't confuse team building with business. McCaskey's can tell you all about that.

This is the whole freaking problem though 

The cowboys are pathetic and they shouldn't automatically be rewarded with a Thanksgiving game just because of their brand 

That's actually the entire point of this thread 

6 minutes ago, N4L said:

This is the whole freaking problem though 

The cowboys are pathetic and they shouldn't automatically be rewarded with a Thanksgiving game just because of their brand 

That's actually the entire point of this thread 

Yes. Which is why I said what I said. 

• Like 1

I've said this for almost a decade.

At the bare minimum the NFL should have the Cowboys and Lions alternating  Thanksgiving every other year and without a doubt they should Play Each Other on Thanksgiving when the schedule for that specific year has the NFCN/NFCE playing each others divisions. Opening up at least 1 or 2 new spots for other teams to play.

Don't give me tradition BS therefore they should play. Time for change.

Edited by Nabbs4u
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, N4L said:

No one wants to watch these two dog poo teams on primetime, yet every single year we get stuck with not one but TWO games with these lower tier franchises 

Both teams aren't good and the NFL knows it, so they can't have them play any other good teams. So instead of a showcase of the best the NFL has to offer, we get FOUR teams that are middle of the pack at best 

Maybe the NFL knows they'll get a guaranteed huge audience no matter what they drek they put on, so they don't wanna waste a good match-up ?
Besides, you're supposed to be engaged in a desperate battle with your eyelids.
On one side we have: listening to Aunt Karen's latest diatribe and on the other side we have: slipping off into a blissful tryptophan-induced food coma.

But its not all bad - yer gonna get drunk either way...and the holidays mean high- end hooch.

Edited by Shanedorf
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, JAF-N72EX said:

I agree. I don't understand it either. It's a marketing plan for the NFL and for Jerruah (don't underestimate his power with owners). He/they knows that most households are going to be holding events on thanksgiving and they're going to have their TV's on (whether or not the guests are football fans or not) thus raising the overall ratings and profiting from it. This alone ups the value. 

Jesus Christ, do none of you so called fans know anything at all about football history? Its like you all became fans in the past 5-10 years. 

• Like 3