End the madness (Thanksgiving)

N4L

5 minutes ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Even in 2020, Cowboys have 2 of the top 5 most watched games.

I have no idea how they do it, it feels like they're somehow buying those views (I literally know 1 Dallas fan outside of here), but it IS a fact they are heavily watched, to be fair.

Im not far from DC. And there are more Dallas fans than Washington. Its not even close. Id say 75% Dallas, and the rest split between Washington and Pittsburgh.

1 hour ago, Bearerofnews said:

This is why tradition is so overrated in all walks of life. Give me progressive over tradition. Put the best teams on Thanksgiving for that year, flex the games a couple weeks out in advance.

yeah, why are we even still celebrating something that happened like 400 years ago.  lets get progressive here people

10 hours ago, JAF-N72EX said:

A 70 year old "tradition" don't make it right.

I can't imagine that even the most Cowboys homer fan can look at the teams recent "success" and defend the reason for having them on prime time.  It's a disgrace, and the same can be said Detroit.

But because the Cowboys were good 30 years ago when they gained the majority of their current fan base and play in a big market they're suddenly entitled to it??? GTFO.

I can defend it easily. We literally won a playoff game 2 seasons ago and almost won the division last year. Its not like we are terrible, just not a lot of post season success.

PS: Cowboys have been the most watched team for closer to 50 years. Not 30. The NFL donned us with the moniker "Americas team" in the70's. 

5 hours ago, TXsteeler said:

I like how you say "all of sports" and then admit that the NFL is by default the most popular sport in America, but then don't mention actual worldwide sports.

Well we are the highest valued team in all of sports. And the rest of the world doesnt really matter, but just to appease you, the highest watched Man-U game was 3.9 million last season. Dallas' average is somewhere between ~15-30m depending on timeslot. 

Edited by Matts4313

2 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

Well we are the highest valued team in all of sports. And the rest of the world doesnt really matter, but just to appease you, the highest watched Man-U game was 3.9 million last season. Dallas' average is somewhere between ~15-30m depending on timeslot. 

I don't know how you determine which parts of the world "matter", but there is no way that number is correct. Here's a source saying that Man-U had a game with 1.7M Americans watching it alone. No way the US makes up half of their viewership. More likely nobody has a way of tracking viewership across so many countries. How can individual games be a handful of a million and then the world cup finals get literally billions of viewers but Cowboys go from 30m vs 150m for a Superbowl?

3 hours ago, PARROTHEAD said:

Im not far from DC. And there are more Dallas fans than Washington. Its not even close. Id say 75% Dallas, and the rest split between Washington and Pittsburgh.

I grew up in Southern MD and spent years working/going to school in PG County. This is completely made up. Redskins are huge followed by Baltimore (until like week 10ish when Washington fans start wearing Ravens gear lmao) and then Dalls/Pittsburgh and then probably Giants/Eagles.

A lot of people just wear Cowboys gear as a fashion statement around there, but you talk to them and they don't even watch the NFL.

7 minutes ago, TXsteeler said:

I don't know how you determine which parts of the world "matter",

Because America is all that matters, duh

but there is no way that number is correct.

I dunno, I just looked up their rating and thats the number I saw. I didnt really care to be completely honest.

Here's a source saying that Man-U had a game with 1.7M Americans watching it alone. No way the US makes up half of their viewership. More likely nobody has a way of tracking viewership across so many countries. How can individual games be a handful of a million and then the world cup finals get literally billions of viewers but Cowboys go from 30m vs 150m for a Superbowl?

The article I pulled said that the largest viewing of the world cup was 190m. So maybe it was just a crappy source.