End the madness (Thanksgiving)

N4L

15 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Isnt that strange..... Most watched thing in all of TV....

Are you bragging about 30 million people watching your pathetic team run the (2nd) worst fake punt in NFL history en route to getting blown out by a 3 win football team? lol

ALSO 

On 11/14/2020 at 12:38 AM, N4L said:

I understand the cowboys ...

16 minutes ago, TXsteeler said:

People would watch any football game on thanksgiving. Steelers Ravens would have beat that easy, as would many other matchups from that week.

Historically its been proven over and over e that Dallas is the most watched team in the NFL and drive numbers. 

14 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

People keep saying this although every single fact proves it wrong. The Cowboys are the biggest draw in sports. Its proven over and over again. Literally every week and every year. 

Last years early game between the bears and lions beat this years cowboys game.

44 minutes ago, N4L said:

Are you bragging about 30 million people watching your pathetic team run the (2nd) worst fake punt in NFL history en route to getting blown out by a 3 win football team? lol

ALSO 

ummm.. Yes. I am bragging about that. All I have left are the little things. 

30 minutes ago, TXsteeler said:

Last years early game between the bears and lions beat this years cowboys game.

And years Cowboys game beat last years lions game. But just so you know, the Cowboys game has beaten the night game by 10 million viewers each of the past 5 years.

• Like 1

Bears-Lions and Falcons-Saints were on the same two Thanksgivings in a row recently

That kind of stuff should not fly when it comes to scheduling the Thanksgiving games.

As the Bears, Packers and Vikings all made multiple appearances in the 2010s, they can wait a long while before their next Thanksgiving games. This is coming from a Packers fan. Besides, our last two Thanksgiving games went sideways. First was 2013 when Reggie Bush, a player who should have been banned from the NFL for getting his college team, USC (a rival of my Notre Dame Fighting Irish, which he went 3-0 against), a two-year bowl ban, had a huge day with the Lions against the Packers. Though to be fair, Aaron Rodgers was hurt at the time. In 2015, the Bears ruined the night on which Brett Favre's #4 was retired. We had started that season 6-0 and looked like we were going to get a first-round bye. But a loss to Peyton Manning's Broncos (the second time the Packers were beaten by the Broncos in a primetime game aired on NBC, the first was Super Bowl XXXII) sent us into a downward spiral, losing 6 of our last 10 games - including all three home division games, and three road games to teams who did get first-round byes. Our home loss to the Lions was the third in a 3-game losing streak after the 6-0 start, and after McCarthy became the first Packers coach to do the unthinkable since Lindy Infante, I wanted him fired. I advocated the hiring of Nick Saban from Alabama, which I continued to do until McCarthy finally was fired, and then until the Packers named their replacement.

But I digress. If you're not the Cowboys or Lions, then you don't need to appear on Thanksgiving with high frequency. From next year onward, all 30 teams outside the Cowboys and Lions need to start appearing on Thanksgiving with the same frequency more or less. Give all these 30 teams a fair chance of appearing on the holiday. Implement my formula to determine the other four Thanksgiving teams every year, so that we can see fresh matchups on the holiday every year, even if they don't necessarily involve a popular team. There are plenty of other opportunities for big name teams to appear in a nationally-televised game. Thanksgiving needs to be the one national slot where every team outside the traditional hosts has a fair chance of appearing.