Week 10 GDT - Broncos at Raiders

Joe_is_the_best

Who's gonna win?  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Who's gonna win?

• Raiders
    • Broncos

20 minutes ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

Guys, Rypien sucks. I’ll take Lock in a wheelchair back there before Rypein. 

What is it with this fanbase and backup QBs? It’s like it’s ingrained, I remember people calling for Kubiak when we had Elway and I was in elementary school. How have Tom Brandstater, Kyle Sloter, Zac Dysert, Bradlee Van Pelt, and on and on and on done during their brief reign as the latest flavor of the month. It’s been incessant. 

Elway should have given Sloter a chance three years ago. He is a legit developmental prospect (who, dare I say, is probably better than Lock). I agree with you about the others, though, especially Rypien. He would have given away the game against the terrible Jets with his INT's if he didn't get bailed out by a roughing the passer penalty.

Edited by 7DnBrnc53

55 minutes ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

I agree with a lot of that.

I’m just not ready to bail already on a QB who has a new OC, no offseason, a pisspoor OL and a bunch of rookies and/or role-player types at the skill positions. Especially if it’s bailing on him and selling the farm for a roll-of-the-dice Ohio State QB. 

You have to do it eventually, cant keep drafting the 2nd-7th round QBs and trying to make them into something they are not. The Broncos clearly have shown no ability to be able to develop a QB and that extends back to Jay Cutler. They need a prospect spoon fed to them whoever that may be. Identify who that is and trade whatever it takes to get him.

Or wait for Jerry Jones to draft a QB and throw a bag of money at Dak.

I disagree with the notion that every rep matters.  At some point you’re just not doing your job well enough and need benched.

This is another game where Lock’s inability to do anything outside of a couple throws has more than likely cost this team a game.  

Time to send a message because based on his interviews.....he doesn’t get it.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, 7DnBrnc53 said:

Elway should have given Sloter a chance three years ago. He is a legit developmental prospect (who, dare I say, is probably better than Lock).

Dude stop. There is no conspiracy. If he were the guy you think he is he would’ve gotten that opportunity somewhere