Sign in to follow this  
ET80

David Johnson to IR

Hopefully this is the end of the worst trade in NFL history. Absolutely everyone outside of BoB knew it would end this way - an incredibly underperforming Johnson missing time due to injury, and DeAndre Hopkins putting up big numbers in Arizona.

None of this is a surprise. We all knew how this story would end.

Man, this trade gives me hope that someone is stupid enough to give the rockets good value for Russell Westbrook

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Pastor Dillon said:

Man, this trade gives me hope that someone is stupid enough to give the rockets good value for Russell Westbrook

Heard a rumor they’re taking to LAC about PG 

5 hours ago, lumberjackchris said:

Heard a rumor they’re taking to LAC about PG 

There’s no way that will happen. I would cry tears of joy. 

Imagine how different this team would be if we got Pat Pete in return? Cards fans been saying hes regressing and aging for so long and he "isn't the same" but he is well above the ability of anyone on this defense lol. 

1 hour ago, Drained said:

Imagine how different this team would be if we got Pat Pete in return? Cards fans been saying hes regressing and aging for so long and he "isn't the same" but he is well above the ability of anyone on this defense lol. 

Hop for PP and a 2nd is livable for me. I'd still be upset, but Peterson is an immediate #1 CB for us. 

Part of why this trade was such a disaster is because anyone who watched David Johnson post 2016 realized he was toast - he had absolutely no gas left in the tank, was injury prone, and was on a bloated contract. You didn't have to be an NFL GM to know this was lopsided from the get-go.

Really, had it been Peterson... I would have probably been OK with the deal.

• Like 1