Texans RB David Johnson to IR

ET80

2 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Sad part is, Duke is considerably better.

Your Fantasy team is already dead if you're depending on DJ Whack...

Nah, it's 6-3. Over the first 7 games (before his injury), he had 10+ points in 6 of them. He's a reliable FLEX. I have five good options at HB (counting DJ), but it helps having a guy who can consistently get you 10 points in the FLEX role. Especially because Aaron Jones and Joe Mixon have had some injury issues this year.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Dome said:

Has duke EVER been given the chance to be “the guy”?

Not that I know of, seems like he wasn't really used much in Cleveland outside of a pass catcher. 

I think he's a bit undersized, but I've seen smaller guys carry the load... I mean, who knows, maybe he could be a full time RB over these next few weeks and get an opportunity to start for a season.

3 hours ago, jrry32 said:

Nah, it's 6-3. Over the first 7 games (before his injury), he had 10+ points in 6 of them. He's a reliable FLEX. I have five good options at HB (counting DJ), but it helps having a guy who can consistently get you 10 points in the FLEX role. Especially because Aaron Jones and Joe Mixon have had some injury issues this year.

I just looked up David Johnson in my Fantasy league - had no idea he was getting 10+ every outing. Surely doesn't look productive out there.

• Like 1

I still have no idea what Bill O'Brien was thinking even if DHop was asking for buku money. He's one of the few you write a blank check for. I still don't understand. 

You have a young Watson who is developing before our eyes, why take away arguably the best receiver in the NFL from your young QB who is still learning? I mean come on..

*edit* I know this is a David Johnson thread but I had to voice my thoughts. Also, I was one of those who snagged up Duke Johnson from the FA list thinking it was David and wondering why he was available. Two RB's D Johnson on same team is rough. 

Edited by coors
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, coors said:

I still have no idea what Bill O'Brien was thinking even if DHop was asking for buku money. He's one of the few you write a blank check for. I still don't understand. 

You have a young Watson who is developing before our eyes, why take away arguably the best receiver in the NFL from your young QB who is still learning? I mean come on..

*edit* I know this is a David Johnson thread but I had to voice my thoughts. Also, I was one of those who snagged up Duke Johnson from the FA list thinking it was David and wondering why he was available. Two RB's D Johnson on same team is rough. 

Did anyone ever get into a league where someone drafted the wrong Adrian Peterson?  :D

16 hours ago, ET80 said:

Not that I know of, seems like he wasn't really used much in Cleveland outside of a pass catcher. 

I think he's a bit undersized, but I've seen smaller guys carry the load... I mean, who knows, maybe he could be a full time RB over these next few weeks and get an opportunity to start for a season.

For us, Duke started off rather underwhelming as a runner, but got better as time went on. He just never received many chances to carry the ball.

Watch him have a career game against us today.

11 hours ago, coors said:

Hopkins is tough to deal with for certain coaches.  It was understood that he didn’t practice in Houston because he wanted out and wanted a new deal.  Since getting a new deal in AZ he’s still not practicing and for a young QB that’s concerning.  I believe that’s why nobody was willing to give a FRP despite his talent.  The Cards love him but it’s not as perfect a situation in every aspect.  

11 hours ago, coors said:

I don't disagree with anything you said - but Watson is pacing to career highs in completion percentage, yards, YPA, YPC, and TDs while trending towards career lows in INTs.

DeAndre Hopkins is an elite WR and he makes the Texans better - but Watson hasn't looked worse overall. If anything, he's elevated his game by a lot.