Jump to content
ET80

Texans RB David Johnson to IR

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Sad part is, Duke is considerably better.

Your Fantasy team is already dead if you're depending on DJ Whack...

Nah, it's 6-3. Over the first 7 games (before his injury), he had 10+ points in 6 of them. He's a reliable FLEX. I have five good options at HB (counting DJ), but it helps having a guy who can consistently get you 10 points in the FLEX role. Especially because Aaron Jones and Joe Mixon have had some injury issues this year.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, tyler735 said:

So is it safe to say the Cardinals won that trade yet?

It was safe to say the moment it happened 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Sad part is, Duke is considerably better.

 

Has duke EVER been given the chance to be “the guy”?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Dome said:
 

Has duke EVER been given the chance to be “the guy”?

Not that I know of, seems like he wasn't really used much in Cleveland outside of a pass catcher. 

I think he's a bit undersized, but I've seen smaller guys carry the load... I mean, who knows, maybe he could be a full time RB over these next few weeks and get an opportunity to start for a season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Dome said:
 

Has duke EVER been given the chance to be “the guy”?

Duke will get physically crushed if he’s a full time RB.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, jrry32 said:

Nah, it's 6-3. Over the first 7 games (before his injury), he had 10+ points in 6 of them. He's a reliable FLEX. I have five good options at HB (counting DJ), but it helps having a guy who can consistently get you 10 points in the FLEX role. Especially because Aaron Jones and Joe Mixon have had some injury issues this year.

I just looked up David Johnson in my Fantasy league - had no idea he was getting 10+ every outing. Surely doesn't look productive out there.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, ET80 said:

I just looked up David Johnson in my Fantasy league - had no idea he was getting 10+ every outing. Surely doesn't look productive out there.

All about that volume

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh, and I picked up Duke, so if DJ wants to skip the season, I fully support him. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I still have no idea what Bill O'Brien was thinking even if DHop was asking for buku money. He's one of the few you write a blank check for. I still don't understand. 

You have a young Watson who is developing before our eyes, why take away arguably the best receiver in the NFL from your young QB who is still learning? I mean come on..

 

*edit* I know this is a David Johnson thread but I had to voice my thoughts. Also, I was one of those who snagged up Duke Johnson from the FA list thinking it was David and wondering why he was available. Two RB's D Johnson on same team is rough. 

Edited by coors
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Deadpulse said:

Maybe my boss will finally realize this dude was a flash in the pan. He has been drafting him in fantasy since his big year in ARI. 

Is your boss BoB? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, coors said:

I still have no idea what Bill O'Brien was thinking even if DHop was asking for buku money. He's one of the few you write a blank check for. I still don't understand. 

You have a young Watson who is developing before our eyes, why take away arguably the best receiver in the NFL from your young QB who is still learning? I mean come on..

 

*edit* I know this is a David Johnson thread but I had to voice my thoughts. Also, I was one of those who snagged up Duke Johnson from the FA list thinking it was David and wondering why he was available. Two RB's D Johnson on same team is rough. 

Did anyone ever get into a league where someone drafted the wrong Adrian Peterson?  :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, ET80 said:

Not that I know of, seems like he wasn't really used much in Cleveland outside of a pass catcher. 

I think he's a bit undersized, but I've seen smaller guys carry the load... I mean, who knows, maybe he could be a full time RB over these next few weeks and get an opportunity to start for a season.

For us, Duke started off rather underwhelming as a runner, but got better as time went on. He just never received many chances to carry the ball.

Watch him have a career game against us today.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, coors said:

I still have no idea what Bill O'Brien was thinking even if DHop was asking for buku money. He's one of the few you write a blank check for. I still don't understand. 

You have a young Watson who is developing before our eyes, why take away arguably the best receiver in the NFL from your young QB who is still learning? I mean come on..

 

*edit* I know this is a David Johnson thread but I had to voice my thoughts. Also, I was one of those who snagged up Duke Johnson from the FA list thinking it was David and wondering why he was available. Two RB's D Johnson on same team is rough. 

Hopkins is tough to deal with for certain coaches.  It was understood that he didn’t practice in Houston because he wanted out and wanted a new deal.  Since getting a new deal in AZ he’s still not practicing and for a young QB that’s concerning.  I believe that’s why nobody was willing to give a FRP despite his talent.  The Cards love him but it’s not as perfect a situation in every aspect.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, coors said:

You have a young Watson who is developing before our eyes, why take away arguably the best receiver in the NFL from your young QB who is still learning? I mean come on..

I don't disagree with anything you said - but Watson is pacing to career highs in completion percentage, yards, YPA, YPC, and TDs while trending towards career lows in INTs.

DeAndre Hopkins is an elite WR and he makes the Texans better - but Watson hasn't looked worse overall. If anything, he's elevated his game by a lot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...