It's time to start Hogan.

hornbybrown

If the browns are the Browns and we play Hogan we will are 100% most likey going to play our no 2 and 3 QB again as well. It could beinjury, it could be poor play. So I am all for playing Hogan and then seeing Kizer again latter anyway. Give Kizer a month on the sideline, the team may gell a bit more.
Our WR's may get more comfortable . CC will be back.   

it waas said in the GTD thread, but, also we owe it to the team to give hogan a chance, these guys are hungry to prove themselves. I think if the team hadn't been turd around Kizer, especially kenny Britt we may have seen more progress. 

I see it as a time for Kizer to retool, not the Kizer era over. 

In his rookie season, Goff played in seven games, all starts, and completed 112-of-205 passes for 1,089 yards and five touchdowns with seven interceptions.

Goff didn't even start until week 9 and they wrote him off he was a bust

Now everyone is giving him respect

Don't give up on Kizer yet 

18 minutes ago, brownie man said:

Goff didn't even start until week 9 and they wrote him off he was a bust

Now everyone is giving him respect

Don't give up on Kizer yet 

Let's not get too carried away with the comparisons to Goff.

As prospects they weren't even in the same stratosphere.

Just want to say by starting this thread I'm not giving up on Kizer at all.

I feel like he just needs sometime to take a step back, collect his thoughts and watch from the sideline for a bit.

I also think it's highly unlikely Hogan is the answer long term, but he has earned the chance to try and prove us all wrong.

I also feel as said by someone else we need to do this for the other players. We need to give them the best shot at some wins. Success breads success as losing breads losing. We need at least a few wins and Hogan right now is the best bet for that

Yeah, Kizer would benefit from sitting down and taking some mental reps in the game environment to hopefully slow things down for him. He's obviously unsettled, especially in the red zone. I had hope watching him in the preseason, but I'm afraid we might not have any choice but to use our #1 pick next year on a QB

I read this in an article which i thought was a very good point

The good news is that nothing with Kizer is a permanent problem. Yet. And the biggest thing going for Kizer is his age. He doesn’t turn 22 years old until January. If Kizer disappeared from public view for two seasons and did nothing but hone his craft, he’d still be just 24 years old with what could be a long, productive career in front of him.

1 minute ago, ohiogenius said:

I read this in an article which i thought was a very good point

We need to keep acquiring QB's. I can't blame Kizer for losing confidents, Britt is shouldn't play for a long time. Kasen Williams has replaced him IMO. Big body guy he has less RAC ability but catches. 

I thought Hogans throwing motion regressed during the game. He needs to keep working on that. 

I would trade Kessler next off season if we can. or even now. 

1 hour ago, Kiwibrown said:

I really think if we Corey Coleman was here and Britt hadn't been a disease our narrative at the moment would be different. Kizers passer rating would be in the 70's and we would be 1-4. 

we would be 1-4 if he didn't have two red zone turnovers on Sunday. It's astonishing how many red zone turnovers we have had on the season. 

Archived