Week 11: Packers vs Colts

Malfatron

24 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

That discount for Kevin King's long-term deal is looking real nice now.

I’ve also looked at it that way. If it allows us a reasonable deal and a short term commitment, you have to look at a the possibility of a new deal. He has shown he can play, but also that he is a risk. I believe they are planning on moving on but with the reduced cap probable, he might accept a short term deal to hopefully cash in after one or two good seasons. 

Why I have faith the Packers will get the dub. (100% based off the Titans game.) Good vibes only.

Rodgers recognition > Tannehills. There's a couple times Tannehill should shift protection/plays that he doesn't that could probably be taken advantage of.

Their rush is a slow burn. The edges arent threatening, they seem to keep contain and wait for Buckner and 90 (some fella named Grover Stewart, who is very good at the football) to close the pocket.  Interior run game is rough, thats their strength; they play with actual gap integrity, stay away from Stewart Buck and Leonard. Lucky for us, we attack the edge even when that's a detriment. Don't know if this is a down game for Houston or if he's just basically done.. but oof. Looks like Henry's getting like 10 ypc outside the G. 

They are an attacking LB corps and go for a ride on PA often. As an aggressive front they seem to love to jump the snap. Rodgers should have some free play attempts. The boots are often wide open. giving Rodgers time to hit deep.

Rock and Xavier aren't stopping Adams. If Walker gets locked on Jones, that's a serious mismatch, as much as I'm a Walker fan.  The corners don't travel so DA should eat in the slot against Carrie as well. Big Davante overs game.

This is a game for our offensive stars to shine. Their depth matches ours pretty well.

Our DLine at least has Kenny. Poor Titans are running out Jones, Tart and Murchison on rotation a ton inside.. and they are bad. I do not want to see Dean or MAdams against Nelson. They were able to trip team Simmons at one point. The right side of their line isn't strong. They are a well coached line, definitely sound. I'd like to see Z playing inside a ton here. (they do play some games on Simmons on the right to make up for it though) . They do some good work finding interesting ways to get a lineman out in front on screens. They make 1 man screens very effective.. I'm thinking Preston drops quite a bit this game to try to mitigate. 

Rashaan Evans is a wild man, idk how much that normally hurts them but wow he jumps some gaps that leaves others WIDE open. We don't play that. 

Our CB's should match Pittman-Hilton well. JA should follow Hilton and Pittman wont run away from Jackson, so thats nice. They don't go deep here so Chandon can erase the slot, matches up fine when Pittman comes in too. Hilton doesn't look near as explosive as normal right now, but don't be the team he ****s.

Overall. the overwhelming strength of the offense that keeps popping out at me is their ability to turn every dumpoff into a screen with soft tackles and then the interior gets out in front. Super impressive stuff.  Z rushing over the RG, sacrifice Kenny to Quenton. and Gary over the RT should produce... something. In pressure put literally anybody over Q just to keep him occupied and go to work on C to the Right. Seems like a game the 3-3 should be featured. Defensively the middle of the field is not your friend. Lucky for us Rodgers has never considered that part of field a confidant. I want to see Jones shake it loose on a wheel vs Okereke/Walker.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, packfanfb said:

It doesn't help King that he will forever be known as the guy Ted chose over TJ Watt who is well on his way this year to being a 1st team All-Pro and probably the DPOY. 

IMO he should have been the most slam dunk easy pick since Bryan Bulaga. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, incognito_man said:

Ted Thompson is overrated because his players might get injured

In the case between Watt and King even if King didn't get hurt all the time it was still a poor decision to pass on the better player in that draft.  TT made the mistake of not taking the BPA in the end.

11 hours ago, incognito_man said:

Ted Thompson is overrated because his players might get injured

I've always been a Ted defender, but I think it's fair to point out that the key to any given talent acquisition model is acquiring good talent; and whether you want to pin it on coaching or drafting, Thompson was NOT bringing in quality players on the back end of his regime. He'd lost his fastball. 

• Like 1