Week 11: Packers vs Colts

Malfatron

Return of the Alien Lizard!  Packers officially activate lucky 13 from the IR. I don’t predict Lazard has a monster game but a few catches and at least one stiff arm of the secondary to let the opposition know he’s back. Hopefully he inspires EQ to do the same. We don’t need much from those guys, just dependable hands and a few chain movers. 

1 hour ago, vegas492 said:

I'll be impressed if we hold Rivers to under 16 points in the first half.

They held these QBs to these totals in the first half:

Deshaun Watson: 0

Matt Ryan: 3

Drew Brees: 17

Matt Stafford: 14

Most of these guys are considered better than Rivers at this point. And a lot of these guys have more weapons than Rivers has at this point.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Green19 said:

They held these QBs to these totals in the first half:

Deshaun Watson: 0

Matt Ryan: 3

Drew Brees: 17

Matt Stafford: 14

Most of these guys are considered better than Rivers at this point. And a lot of these guys have more weapons than Rivers has at this point.

A lot of this depends more on our offense tbh. Can we move the ball? Can we sustain drives? Against those QBs mentioned above, our offense moved the ball and scored points, which is probably the best form of defense we'll get on Sunday. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, packfanfb said:

A lot of this depends more on our offense tbh. Can we move the ball? Can we sustain drives? Against those QBs mentioned above, our offense moved the ball and scored points, which is probably the best form of defense we'll get on Sunday. 

I agree... my biggest criticism of this team falls on the offense more than the defense. In the biggest games against the best defenses, this offense doesn’t show up.

That’s the packers identity, when nothing else works the offense needs to... Green Bay was doing well against Tom Brady too, until the offense gave up back to back turnovers.

As frustrating as the performance was all around against the jags... defense only gave up 13 points, and 7 of those came after a turnover on a short field. Without their two best corners.

2 hours ago, Green19 said:

I agree... my biggest criticism of this team falls on the offense more than the defense. In the biggest games against the best defenses, this offense doesn’t show up.

That’s the packers identity, when nothing else works the offense needs to... Green Bay was doing well against Tom Brady too, until the offense gave up back to back turnovers.

As frustrating as the performance was all around against the jags... defense only gave up 13 points, and 7 of those came after a turnover on a short field. Without their two best corners.

Last two games at home against bottom-dweller defenses like Minny and Jax, our offense has scored 15 second half points, combined. That's a problem. Lazard should help some, but the execution hasn't been there, especially the run game. 

10 hours ago, packfanfb said:

Last two games at home against bottom-dweller defenses like Minny and Jax, our offense has scored 15 second half points, combined. That's a problem. Lazard should help some, but the execution hasn't been there, especially the run game. 

Unfortunately, with the way they are playing lately I wouldn't characterize MN a bottom dweller.  They have a potentially easy schedule going forward with only 2 tough games against the Bucs and Saints.  

41 minutes ago, Pugger said:

Unfortunately, with the way they are playing lately I wouldn't characterize MN a bottom dweller.  They have a potentially easy schedule going forward with only 2 tough games against the Bucs and Saints.  

I wouldn't put the LAR in the pushover category.

Wes Hodkiewicz -  Matt LaFleur on Allen Lazard: "He's doing a great job. He's so diligent. ...We're hopeful to have him back for Sunday but we'll kind of just see how his body reacts."

• Aaron Nagler -   Listening to LaFleur, sure doesn’t seem like Lazard is anywhere near a sure thing to play on Sunday.

Ben Fennell -   

Philip Rivers & Colts O

2nd Fastest Time to Throw
1 Scramble - 343 Dropbacks
Balanced Run/Pass
High Volume YAC Offense
Screen Heavy - Hines/Taylor
Aggressive 3rd & Long
Shoulders Never Tell Aim

Don't Blitz - Won't Get Home
Man Coverage - No QB Run
Tackleeee!

1 hour ago, HighCalebR said:

kamal gonna eat. Our defense gonna be elite on Sunday. Lets go.

I like the optimism.  Time to put the doubts on the shelf and get fired up for this matchup.  Old man Rivers won't know what hit him and our offense will find the weak links in a formidable D to break the game open early!  This week, it goes to 11!

Christopher Guest These Go To Eleven GIF by Maudit

Someone smarter than me on the X's and O's might know why, but I cant help but get the feeling we are just using Aaron Jones wrong alot, for no reason because we seem to use different plays and get consistent results with each type - In the last two week at least running Jones up the middle gets nowhere, but if you give him a sliver of space on the outside he can do something with that. Then you get Williams in for a random few plays and they are splitting him out wide and using him more in space than between the tackles. what gives? Why insist on getting Jones in the middle when it is consistently not working? 

Or i feel at the start of the year and last year we would split him out wide. i think i saw one or two plays against JAX like this, but he was electric last year in that spot, and they just stopped using him there (with threat of williams in the backfield)