Week 11 COVID-19 News

ET80

2 hours ago, N4L said:

This one? 

None of this changes anything. Steelers didnt get a mini bye after the ravens game, but they absolutely got some extra days this week, because I know for a fact tomlin cancelled practice at least once if not twice.

Niners had a week 4 bye last year, a TON of injuries, yet we were the #1 seed and went to the superbowl. So I dont want to hear how the early bye week is going to prevent you from making the superbowl. 

We have had NO bye week at all this year.

21 minutes ago, TXsteeler said:

We have had NO bye week at all this year.

Not playing a game equals a bye week. That is where the vast majority if injuries and tissue damage come from. Every team also were excused from 4 preseason games (Steelers 5)

Maybe it isn't ideal but obviously other teams have had it worse. If the Steelers want a bye they can forfeit a game and then really have something to complain about.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Deadpulse said:

does that mean they were on the Covid list as close contacts and have been quarantining and werent eligible to play anyways? Trying to make sense of this any other way and I can't. 

Yeah this confounds me as well. I’m not sure as to why they just didn’t release the name.

58 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

No to the bolded:

I suppose I shouldn’t speculate since we’ll find out in less than 24 hours. I wonder if it’s Hollywood Brown. With how close he and Lamar are, him testing positive wouldn’t surprise me. That and Gus Edwards is the only regular member of our RB trio that hasn’t tested positive... he’d be another guess.

I think everyone who keeps claiming NFL is giving special treatment to certain teams should just realize 2 points by now:

1.  NFL just wants the games played, period. They're trying to do it in the safest way possible, when teams have repeated positive tests over different clusters, they'll delay as long as possible (TEN, NE, now BAL), but when push comes to shove, they'll find a way to justify playing.  That's what we are seeing tonight.

2.  They are only going to delay games if there's a risk of team outbreak.   If you have more than 1 cluster, then they will try to push the game back.   But if it's only 1 cluster, they're going to let teams play shorthanded, no delays.  That's LV, SF & DEN. 

I've seen so many posts, tweets, etc. suggesting the NFL is playing favorites.  They're not.   It's just the bottom line is to get the games played - within the safest circumstances where possible, but only delayed if there's a clear risk of outbreak, otherwise no delay.   But even with outbreak, they'll delay until they are forced into a corner, but ultimately will push ahead if forced - that's what we're seeing here tonight.   Games played = TV revenue preserved.  It's really that simple IMO.

Edited by Broncofan
  • Like 7

Whelp, this is probably why the players were pushing back to get the game moved back as far as possible. With the new positives just over the last few days, just imagine how many more would have been exposed with the likes of Andrews, Snead, Judon, etc playing in the game on Sunday. Or being in close proximity to Geno Stone’s locker. We’d surely be talking about another week of impacted NFL games due to another heavy outbreak pattern.

Edited by diamondbull424

13 minutes ago, wackywabbit said:

Except for the week you didn't play, sure. And now they get to play their biggest rival with half of their starters out including their QB. We should all always remember how lucky the 2020 Steelers have been.

Lucky? We beat you IN Baltimore with those starters. You're in this position because someone in YOUR organization didn't follow protocol.

We were supposed to have a week 8 bye, but because of another organization that failed protocol, we had to take it in week 4, while the Ravens got theirs in week 7. We aren't going to have our Starting DE or RB. You'll have both of your RBs and RG3 out performed Lamar last year against the Steelers. 

The Steelers haven't been lucky this year, they've been good, successful. They've beaten good teams. Some of the same good teams the Ravens have lost to.

• Like 1

Just now, kingseanjohn said:

Pretty sure the rapid result tests have a higher chance of a false positive. I'll be surprised if there isn't at least one.

Wang Harbs doesn't really want this game to happen, id be surprised if there isn't another positive tomorrow that leads the Ravens to push for this game to be moved to week 18.

5 hours ago, diamondbull424 said:

because of speculation.

There's a source that clearly outlines why the league was considering moving the games, and it isn't biased for the Steelers. But you guys keep ignoring that one. We have another day of testing, more positives, and the league still seems to be insisting on playing. But you think they weren't looking to get this game out of the way on Tuesday and instead decided to shuffle around three more start times? Yea, no.