Week 11 COVID-19 News

ET80

1 minute ago, Broncofan said:

Because the Pats had multiple players test positive, so they needed to first ensure that the team was not in outbreak.

1 player testing positive is not an outbreak.   

The issue here is that the DEN QB's didn't mask, and were in contact with the player who tested positive.   You need 5 days of negative tests and no symptoms to clear.   If they had worn masks, they'd be deemed NOT high-risk.  

There are a lot of things wrong with the NFL's handling of Covid-19 plans, but this is ALL on DEN.   The NFL can be taken to task for thinking this would keep working, as we're seeing teams having outbreaks continue and increase - but DEN's QB problems are 100% on the coaches, players and org.  They didn't mask.  Someone tested positive, so everyone is now a high-risk contact.  And they KNEW this was a mandatory rule.   So let's lay the blame where it belongs - the QB group and the coaching staff that clearly permitted this.

Makes me even more mad like we've only been dealing with this for like 10 months

2 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

Because the Pats had multiple players test positive on different days, so the league needed to first ensure that the team was not in outbreak.

Ours can still be an outbreak this is false the QBs were allowed to practice when driskel tested positive Thursday they practiced since no?

Or did they have off Friday? You're telling me if Vic held practice we'd get a postponement?

28 minutes ago, thebestever6 said:

Ours can still be an outbreak this is false the QBs were allowed to practice when driskel tested positive Thursday they practiced since no?

Or did they have off Friday? You're telling me if Vic held practice we'd get a postponement?

There is only 1 positive test on our team so far.  Until there are more than 1 positive test (on different dates - multiple positive tests on the same date is treated the same way as 1 positive test, as it's one exposure that presumably led to the positive tests at that time), it's treated as an isolated incident.   If a 2nd test comes now, sure, the risk of outbreak then calls for a delay - but until then, it's game on.     That's what happened with NE, and with BAL, and with TEN.     The issue here for DEN's QB is contact tracing.   The QB's were allowed to practice likely because no one bothered to tell the NFL that they didn't mask.    A no-mask situation would have automatically put them as higher-risk indoors.   

The DEN org knew the players weren't masking.   Everyone in the room knew it.  Let's stop trying to deflect blame elsewhere,  it's embarrassing.   We can say the league should have dug deeper - but it's indisputable that no one was masking - and thus, EVERYONE involved knew.  The responsibility lies with DEN.    If NO did this, we'd have zero sympathy.   DEN deserves none.   

Edited by Broncofan
  • Like 2

26 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

There is only 1 positive test on our team so far.  Until there are more than 1 positive test (on different dates - multiple positive tests on the same date is treated the same way as 1 positive test, as it's one exposure that presumably led to the positive tests at that time), it's treated as an isolated incident.   If a 2nd test comes now, sure, the risk of outbreak then calls for a delay - but until then, it's game on.     That's what happened with NE, and with BAL, and with TEN.     The issue here for DEN's QB is contact tracing.   The QB's were allowed to practice likely because no one bothered to tell the NFL that they didn't mask.    A no-mask situation would have automatically put them as higher-risk indoors.   

The DEN org knew the players weren't masking.   Everyone in the room knew it.  Let's stop trying to deflect blame elsewhere,  it's embarrassing.   We can say the league should have dug deeper - but it's indisputable that no one was masking - and thus, EVERYONE involved knew.  The responsibility lies with DEN.    If NO did this, we'd have zero sympathy.   DEN deserves none.   

Driskel and That punt returner that's two

55 minutes ago, thebestever6 said:

Driskel and That punt returner that's two

If it's within 24 hours, they consider it the same exposure - they do contact tracing to see if there's a link.   All 4 people who tested positive (2 players, 2 staff) are considered as a single event.  With BAL, TEN, NE, they tested different groups, multiple days apart, where the only conclusion is there is ongoing spread.

Again, stop deflecting.  This isn't about the league treating DEN differently.    They follow the rules, they don't have this problem.   DEN owns this.   Moving on.

Edited by Broncofan

7 minutes ago, rob_shadows said:

I'd be pissed if I was the Ravens and the NFL forces the game to be played... They won't even have a full roster.

I mean, losing a game isn't the end of the world, and relatively not a big deal. If the NFL wants to force a "game" to happen. We can trot out someone to snap a ball 30 times. I mean, our centers and long snapper are all out, but someone can learn how to snap the ball by Tuesday.

1 minute ago, wackywabbit said:

To be clear, you thought it should have been played on Thursday, right?

Yes. And even with Steelers players being out, I think it should be played. But at this point, I'm starting to see it your guys' way also, where there has to be some concern about spread, i expected positives to stop.coming by now and the last thing I want for Ravens, Broncos, Steelers or anyone else is to the situation to end up severe to their health. At the end of the day, rivalries aside they're all human beings.

But I did say, even if it was the Steelers, I'd feel the same way. I'm being true to that