Week 11 COVID-19 News

ET80

12 minutes ago, 3rivers said:

do the broncos have a chance at all now? What if this happens in the playoffs? I mean this is harsh, much more than I would have thought.  Maybe they will get a blizzard to help them, but if not?

I’d imagine that this should serve as a wake up call to the players and organizations. COVID is on the rise. If you break protocol you can screw everyone. Right now the Saints’ Terron Armstead is missing the week because of COVID but their OL is otherwise intact because they followed protocol. The Ravens situation is definitely a tough one...but all it takes is one person to completely tank your organization. 

14 minutes ago, 3rivers said:

do the broncos have a chance at all now? What if this happens in the playoffs? I mean this is harsh, much more than I would have thought.  Maybe they will get a blizzard to help them, but if not?

I mean it really feels like the NFL is bending over backwards to help the Ravens be able to play football and just 2 ring clicked the Broncos when they asked for help. They said they were hard because the Broncos Qbs were not wearing masks in a meeting, but how does 400 Ravens players get put in COVID protocol and the same thing wasnt for them? If they were wearing masks they wouldnt be in protocol. So its okay for Ravens players to be negligent but not 4 Broncos QBs?

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

I mean it really feels like the NFL is bending over backwards to help the Ravens be able to play football and just 2 ring clicked the Broncos when they asked for help. They said they were hard because the Broncos Qbs were not wearing masks in a meeting, but how does 400 Ravens players get put in COVID protocol and the same thing wasnt for them? If they were wearing masks they wouldnt be in protocol. So its okay for Ravens players to be negligent but not 4 Broncos QBs?

This covid thing is starting to be like a witch hunt. It's gonna last forever you know there will be the people that wear masks forever.

24 minutes ago, 3rivers said:

It's the beginning of the Kendall Hinton era. It's like when Willie Beamon got his start for Miami...

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

It is pretty silly. The players are running around the field in close contact...but fortunately between the lines is a COVID free zone. And it is interesting that the Ravens were so unfortunate to all be wearing masks and yet there is a super spreader event. I think there’s a good chance that the Ravens were reliably wearing their trackers...which saved them. But we’re they wearing masks regularly? Lol I’m incredibly skeptical. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, thebestever6 said:

This covid thing is starting to be like a witch hunt. It's gonna last forever you know there will be the people that wear masks forever.

with no QB's, I would have thought the nfl would have postponed this game.  Earlier today I was asking about what is the amount of covid players required to postpone a game and what positions etc.  This has me no closer to an answer, seems unfair since the QB is actually the one position that others can't fill in for usually anyways. I mean in the Body Bag game yes,  but this is like that before kickoff 

1 minute ago, sammymvpknight said:

It is pretty silly. The players are running around the field in close contact...but fortunately between the lines is a COVID free zone. And it is interesting that the Ravens were so unfortunate to all be wearing masks and yet there is a super spreader event. I think there’s a good chance that the Ravens were reliably wearing their trackers...which saved them. But we’re they wearing masks regularly? Lol I’m incredibly skeptical. 

its so hypocritical , but what else can we expect anyways. We are watching, for how long who knows especially if they keep doing this.  Will covid really affect more important games and waste a teams season in the end?

4 minutes ago, sammymvpknight said:

right right, thats why I dont understand the double standard thats all over the place. The Raiders get docked a draft pick and fined, the Broncos are being forced to play with no QB but teams like the Ravens and Patriots get no trouble and all of the help in the world to push game back to play? Cmon

The NFL already screwed DEN earlier by basically not giving them a bye week and pushing the Pats game back last min. and now this?

Edited by AkronsWitness

1 minute ago, 3rivers said:

with no QB's, I would have thought the nfl would have postponed this game.  Earlier today I was asking about what is the amount of covid players required to postpone a game and what positions etc.  This has me no closer to an answer, seems unfair since the QB is actually the one position that others can't fill in for usually anyways. I mean in the Body Bag game yes,  but this is like that before kickoff 

It's the broncos QBs fault it's written and highlighted what protocols to follow can't have sympathy

1 minute ago, AkronsWitness said:

right right, thats why I dont understand the double standard thats all over the place. The Raiders get docked a draft pick and fined, the Broncos are being forced to play with no QB but teams like the Ravens and Patriots get no trouble and all of the help in the world to push game back to play? Cmon

The NFL already screwed DEN earlier by basically not giving them a bye week and pushing the Pats game back last min. and now this?

This is far less about player safety and much more about following league dictated protocol. I honestly don’t know about all of the other scenarios to know if there is consistency. 

• Like 1