Week 11 COVID-19 News

ET80

7 hours ago, 3rivers said:

with no QB's, I would have thought the nfl would have postponed this game.  Earlier today I was asking about what is the amount of covid players required to postpone a game and what positions etc.  This has me no closer to an answer, seems unfair since the QB is actually the one position that others can't fill in for usually anyways. I mean in the Body Bag game yes,  but this is like that before kickoff 

It looks bad on the NFL, but I doubt anyone will care for long, if at all. It reads like “well, the Ravens have the reigning MVP, are good and people want to see them, and the Broncos are none of those things.”

• Like 2

The NFL’s rule for who gets to play and who doesn’t is exactly why people hate the league office. Set a precedent. These idiots do the same thing they do with suspensions now. Just depends what Roger Goodell feels like on that day. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

There is a 10 day incubation period. Closing facilities for MON-TUE wont do a wont catch everything

I meant playing games with players during the incubation period. But you are right that they just don’t give AF.

looking back, the NFL should have considered an abbreviated schedule, possibly with less teams. Like merge each division into a super team or something so there is a bigger pool of players and less games to be played.

9 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

I mean it really feels like the NFL is bending over backwards to help the Ravens be able to play football and just 2 ring clicked the Broncos when they asked for help. They said they were hard because the Broncos Qbs were not wearing masks in a meeting, but how does 400 Ravens players get put in COVID protocol and the same thing wasnt for them? If they were wearing masks they wouldnt be in protocol. So its okay for Ravens players to be negligent but not 4 Broncos QBs?

It has nothing to do with not helping or helping any teams, it's all about containment. While it feels crappy for the Broncos to not have a QB, their actual Covid positive is contained, right now. They had one positive test, no one has tested positive since, they contact traced and found just a few high risk contacts, they and the player who was positive are quarantined, so the team as a whole is good to travel and play.

The Ravens have had an ongoing cycle of positive tests. Even after shutting the team down, they continue to have new positives everyday, so right now, the league has no idea how far their outbreak has gone and will go. You can't throw a team on a bus or a plane, have them hang out in a cramped locker room, etc., when you don't know how many more players have it. Jackson tested positive like yesterday afternoon. He more than likely already had it Thursday, so you play that game, you give him and others far more chances to spread it to more players. If the game was played today, they may have already traveled to Pittsburgh with players with Covid. That's the problem. All those Ravens players who test positive still won't play Tuesday. They aren't trying to give them time to get healthy and get players back. They're giving them time to make sure they don't bring anyone who has it with them.

The NFL doesn't care how crappy it is to be without players due to Covid anymore than they care about teams being out players due to an ACL tear. If both QBs on a team's roster dislocate their throwing shoulder in warmups, the NFL doesn't cancel the game. The NFL says tough crap, and the team deals, probably poorly, and the league moves on. They don't care about how competitive a roster a team is taking with them each Sunday, they just care that that roster is not carrying the virus with them. If the Ravens fly to Pittsburgh with no QBs on the plane, the league won't care either, as long as they aren't flying with a QB with Covid.

For a tl;dr, it isn't about helping a team field a roster, it's just about making sure they know who does and doesn't have it, and that they bring only those who don't on gameday.

People need to stop thinking about this from a perspective of whether it feels fair or not. That's not what it's about. It's about trying to decrease spread and still have a full season. Regardless of whether that's right or not, they've actually been incredibly consistent in how they've handled this, people just don't want to pay attention and prefer to shout about how unfair stuff is.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Jlowe22 said:

I vote end the season this week, and let the two 1 seeds play for the lombardi.

nice one, I never even thought of this 👏

I still want to play the chiefs, so what about a bye week, then 1and 2 seeds in each conference play first?

9 minutes ago, Jakuvious said:

It has nothing to do with not helping or helping any teams, it's all about containment. While it feels crappy for the Broncos to not have a QB, their actual Covid positive is contained, right now. They had one positive test, no one has tested positive since, they contact traced and found just a few high risk contacts, they and the player who was positive are quarantined, so the team as a whole is good to travel and play.

The Ravens have had an ongoing cycle of positive tests. Even after shutting the team down, they continue to have new positives everyday, so right now, the league has no idea how far their outbreak has gone and will go. You can't throw a team on a bus or a plane, have them hang out in a cramped locker room, etc., when you don't know how many more players have it. Jackson tested positive like yesterday afternoon. He more than likely already had it Thursday, so you play that game, you give him and others far more chances to spread it to more players. If the game was played today, they may have already traveled to Pittsburgh with players with Covid. That's the problem. All those Ravens players who test positive still won't play Tuesday. They aren't trying to give them time to get healthy and get players back. They're giving them time to make sure they don't bring anyone who has it with them.

The NFL doesn't care how crappy it is to be without players due to Covid anymore than they care about teams being out players due to an ACL tear. If both QBs on a team's roster dislocate their throwing shoulder in warmups, the NFL doesn't cancel the game. The NFL says tough crap, and the team deals, probably poorly, and the league moves on. They don't care about how competitive a roster a team is taking with them each Sunday, they just care that that roster is not carrying the virus with them. If the Ravens fly to Pittsburgh with no QBs on the plane, the league won't care either, as long as they aren't flying with a QB with Covid.

For a tl;dr, it isn't about helping a team field a roster, it's just about making sure they know who does and doesn't have it, and that they bring only those who don't on gameday.

People need to stop thinking about this from a perspective of whether it feels fair or not. That's not what it's about. It's about trying to decrease spread and still have a full season. Regardless of whether that's right or not, they've actually been incredibly consistent in how they've handled this, people just don't want to pay attention and prefer to shout about how unfair stuff is.

No, the country right now has numbers way higher then they were back in April and May and people are wearing masks now. It’s just not working. It’s a joke. Denver is getting boned in this deal and that’s not right. 

I guarantee every team is doing the same thing. 

Don’t worry though, Now that the Democrat’s got in, it will go away. 

just a shame every team isn’t treated fairly..

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Vikes22 said:

No, the country right now has numbers way higher then they were back in April and May and people are wearing masks now. It’s just not working. It’s a joke. Denver is getting boned in this deal and that’s not right. 

Cut that out. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Vikes22 said:

I used to think it was bad that the refs let players cheap shot be, yet call anything for brady etc. This recent covid deal the broncos got was a raw deal.   There should be a guideline for after 2 QB's are on covid in one week, the game needs to be postponed.  Losing all the QB's isn't like  losing a RB, a reserve TE and a reserve ST player.

Who knows, perhaps the SB will feature  a WR at QB and a WR for PK and P ?  Then move a WR to CB2 etc.

7 minutes ago, Vikes22 said:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, 3rivers said:

I used to think it was bad that the refs let players cheap shot be, yet call anything for brady etc. This recent covid deal the broncos got was a raw deal.   There should be a guideline for after 2 QB's are on covid in one week, the game needs to be postponed.  Losing all the QB's isn't like  losing a RB, a reserve TE and a reserve ST player.

Who knows, perhaps the SB will feature  a WR at QB and a WR for PK and P ?  Then move a WR to CB2 etc.

Would you postpone a game because all of a team's QBs were injured?

If the answer is no, then you, not the NFL, would be the inconsistent one. The NFL does not, and should not, care how important the players forced to quarantine are to the team's chances of winning. Just as they would with any other reason a player would not be able to play.

2 minutes ago, warfelg said:

I mean...how:

A program of testing everyone at least once a week with a test which is known to produce false positives by reacting with dormant viral RNA fragments or infection with other species of coronavirus. It's frankly a miracle it hasn't happened to more teams so far.