Week 11 COVID-19 News

ET80

Just now, wwhickok said:

Or it could be because they are afraid they are going to lose if they lose they are pretty much on the outside looking in as far as the playoffs.

The players we're getting back by moving the game from Tuesday to Wednesday:

• JK Dobbins
  • Mark Ingram

That's it. That's the list. You really think those two guys are going to save this game for us, so the players threatened to strike without them? That's so cute.

I still have no idea why fans seem slighted by any of this. Maybe an inconvenience as far as your plan to watch other people play a sport but why act like you are being cheated out of something? It isn't like positive tested players are going to play in the game either way, you aren't getting them at full strength no matter what time the game is played (unless its pushed back until later in the season).

I don't see an injustice. Don't see any way this hurts the fans. Yet they are still acting like they have been wronged. Can someone tell me why?

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

The players we're getting back by moving the game from Tuesday to Wednesday:

• JK Dobbins
  • Mark Ingram

That's it. That's the list. You really think those two guys are going to save this game for us, so the players threatened to strike without them? That's so cute.

I don't even think Lamar Jackson would save them.  But it is not about what i believe it is about what they believe

8 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

I still have no idea why fans seem slighted by any of this. Maybe an inconvenience as far as your plan to watch other people play a sport but why act like you are being cheated out of something? It isn't like positive tested players are going to play in the game either way, you aren't getting them at full strength no matter what time the game is played (unless its pushed back until later in the season).

I don't see an injustice. Don't see any way this hurts the fans. Yet they are still acting like they have been wronged. Can someone tell me why?

Look back at said fans' posts/general vibes throughout the years. What do they continually choose to post about?

It's a mindset these (few) fans continually have...regardless of the situation. 

Refs this, NFL fines that, Goodell this, Coronavirus that.

They like to complain. Pretty evident it's just a victim mindset they've nestled into and whatever happens they adapt to that mindset.

Edited by Ray Reed
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

People like to pretend they're a victim. You see it across all spectrums of topics.

1 minute ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

And you have no idea "what they believe", so why are you pretending you do?

Here's what we do know. The game was on for Tuesday until Ravens players threatened to strike. That's the fact. This game wasn't shifted to Wednesday because of medical concerns by the league. It was shifted to avoid a confrontation with the NFLPA after Ravens players whined to the union.

• Like 1

Just now, CKSteeler said:

Here's what we do know. The game was on for Tuesday until Ravens players threatened to strike. That's the fact. This game wasn't shifted to Wednesday because of medical concerns by the league. It was shifted to avoid a confrontation with the NFLPA after Ravens players whined to the union.

And why did they whine to the union? Surely it wasn't because they felt unsafe playing?

Edited by AFlaccoSeagulls

6 minutes ago, Ray Reed said:

They like to complain. Pretty evident it's just a victim mindset they've nestled into and whatever happens they adapt to that mindset.

Sort of like the guy who was complaining about having to play another prime time game in Pittsburgh earlier this year.

Hey, at least its not in prime time anymore.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

<citation needed>

Here's your citation, from the original story from PFT:

Such a maneuver, if it happens, would pull the pin on a potentially complex legal grenade. The NFL would argue that it’s an illegal strike, violating both the CBA and the agreement struck in early August to allow the season to proceed. The NFL Players Association would likely counter by claiming that the delays coupled with the refusal to let the Ravens properly prepare creates a physical safety risk sufficient to justify refusing to play.

The stakes would potentially be very high. The NFL, based on financial losses absorbed to date in 2020, could choose to rip up the agreement that allows the season to be played and scrap the balance of the season. Although that’s highly unlikely, the source made it clear that this possibility is squarely on the NFLPA’s radar-screen of potential concerns, in large part because no one knows how much money the various teams truly are or aren’t making (or losing) this season. If the league is swimming in red ink, this could be an easy way to stop the bleeding.

Some believe the threat of a wildcat strike will result in the Ravens-Steelers game being nudged to Wednesday or possibly Thursday. If the game is moved again, Pittsburgh’s Week 13 game against Washington would then move to Monday, at the earliest.

The situation still remains very fluid, but the new wildcard has become the possibility of a wildcat strike. The league may choose to appease players who have concerns about playing on Tuesday night by kicking the can by another day, or two.

The Washington Post learned that some of the Ravens' main players connected virtually with the NFL Players Association today to go over their 'options' within this setting. And by all accounts, they expressed concern not only about playing Tuesday but even about playing Wednesday should the tests come back clean again.

My counter to that: Where was all this concern before today? Why wait until the situation's finally as close to settled as it could be to share worry with anyone, much less union officials? Why was this not a thing over the weekend?

Oh, yeah, I know: Because that scheduled kickoff had already been pushed back! Right!

Try to absorb this: A bunch of NFL players got together to try to figure out how to not play an NFL game, and they did so with not a hammer in sight. If they'd have refused to report for the Tuesday game, the league would've had zero choice but to assign a forfeit. And I'll reiterate: All of them tested negative! And all of them went out and practice by nightfall Monday!

The NFL postponed this game (for a third time) to get an extra day of COVID test results and allow #Ravens players time to train and avoid muscle strains, etc. -- not because of who wouldn't be available. But, Baltimore gets a big boost for a big game anyway. https://t.co/67iJixffJF

— Tom Pelissero (@TomPelissero) November 30, 2020
Wow.

https://dkpittsburghsports.com/2020/11/30/steelers-ravens-john-harbaugh-postponement-violin-fiddle-nfl-column-opinion-dk

Such a maneuver, if it happens, would pull the pin on a potentially complex legal grenade. The NFL would argue that it’s an illegal strike, violating both the CBA and the agreement struck in early August to allow the season to proceed. The NFL Players Association would likely counter by claiming that the delays coupled with the refusal to let the Ravens properly prepare creates a physical safety risk sufficient to justify refusing to play.

The stakes would potentially be very high. The NFL, based on financial losses absorbed to date in 2020, could choose to rip up the agreement that allows the season to be played and scrap the balance of the season. Although that’s highly unlikely, the source made it clear that this possibility is squarely on the NFLPA’s radar-screen of potential concerns, in large part because no one knows how much money the various teams truly are or aren’t making (or losing) this season. If the league is swimming in red ink, this could be an easy way to stop the bleeding.

Some believe the threat of a wildcat strike will result in the Ravens-Steelers game being nudged to Wednesday or possibly Thursday. If the game is moved again, Pittsburgh’s Week 13 game against Washington would then move to Monday, at the earliest.

The situation still remains very fluid, but the new wildcard has become the possibility of a wildcat strike. The league may choose to appease players who have concerns about playing on Tuesday night by kicking the can by another day, or two.

Please point out where in this article it talks about why Ravens players are threatening to strike. I'll wait.

@CKSteeler

Just now, MWil23 said:

Are we really going to cite an opinion piece from a Steeler's beatwriter as evidence? Is this serious?

My thoughts as well.