Week 11 COVID-19 News

ET80

9 hours ago, N4L said:

You want to see some whiney little *******? Cancel the game and watch 53 Steelers cry about not getting 1/17th of their salary 

You want to see whiney little *******? Try postponing a Steeler game. You will have all of these supposed tough guys clutching their pearls in outrage. 

It's getting to the point where Steelers fans are basically toddlers who have been told they can't have their sugary cereal and watch Saturday morning cartoons. 

No one wants to hear y'all complain anymore. Just ******* accept that your schedule has been shifted around and friggen deal with it like adults. You guys are ******* undefeated and you want to ***** and moan like you are being treated unfairly.

BUCK UP AND SHUT UP 

We are, by definition, being treated unfairly. This year’s Steelers have the capability of going 15-1 or better without much of a struggle at this point and its being ****ed with by the NFL.

No other team has been as affected by other teams’ Covid problems as the Steelers have been.

2 minutes ago, CKSteeler said:

I have avoided arguing as to what possible motives of the Ravens may be. They are really irrelevant. It would be speculative. Suffice to say, I don't buy that they were 100% sincerely related to medical concerns. The Ravens stand everything to gain and nothing to lose by delaying this game. And if they were so concerned about the two days of negative tests, then explain to me why they felt safe to practice on Monday morning (when the league delayed it) and Monday night when they actually went out and did so.

"I'm avoiding speculation"

<entire argument is based on speculation as to why the NFL moved the game>

Yes, adds up.

2 minutes ago, CKSteeler said:

The Patriots players were pretty unhappy with the league's handling of their outbreak earlier this year, too, but played on.

I'm not going to debate that. The Patriots' players had a right to be upset, because from what I can read about that situation, they only had one day of false tests before the game was played on that Monday. However, I can't remember how many consecutive days of positive tests the Patriots had or how widespread their outbreak was, but IIRC it wasn't nearly as large as our outbreak is, so it's not like the Ravens' players concerns aren't invalid.

3 minutes ago, TXsteeler said:

We are, by definition, being treated unfairly. This year’s Steelers have the capability of going 15-1 or better without much of a struggle at this point and its being ****ed with by the NFL.

One would think that if the game was originally played on Thursday like it should have been, or even Sunday, would you still be complaining if numerous Steelers players tested positive the next day and thus had to miss a game? My guess is you would be. You would complain that the NFL let the game happen, that the NFL is "out to get" the Steelers. Instead, you're actually complaining the NFL is not doing that. Incredible, quite frankly.

1 hour ago, Thomas5737 said:

I still have no idea why fans seem slighted by any of this. Maybe an inconvenience as far as your plan to watch other people play a sport but why act like you are being cheated out of something? It isn't like positive tested players are going to play in the game either way, you aren't getting them at full strength no matter what time the game is played (unless its pushed back until later in the season).

I don't see an injustice. Don't see any way this hurts the fans. Yet they are still acting like they have been wronged. Can someone tell me why?

The Titans postponement earlier this season cost the Steelers their bye week. The Ravens postponement cost the Steelers a mini bye from Friday through Wednesday. Now the ravens continued postponement is allowing the WFT more time to prepare for the Steelers than the Steelers have to prepare for the WFT.

These postponements could cost our team the first seed and ultimate (due to no true bye week this year) cost us a Super Bowl.

Just now, TXsteeler said:

The Titans postponement earlier this season cost the Steelers their bye week. The Ravens postponement cost the Steelers a mini bye from Friday through Wednesday. Now the ravens continued postponement is allowing the WFT more time to prepare for the Steelers than the Steelers have to prepare for the WFT.

These postponements could cost our team the first seed and ultimate (due to no true bye week this year) cost us a Super Bowl.

Being "Lucky" to face teams with Covid outbreaks sounds like a positive if you ask me.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

"I'm avoiding speculation"

<entire argument is based on speculation as to why the NFL moved the game>

Yes, adds up.

I'm not going to debate that. The Patriots' players had a right to be upset, because from what I can read about that situation, they only had one day of false tests before the game was played on that Monday. However, I can't remember how many consecutive days of positive tests the Patriots had or how widespread their outbreak was, but IIRC it wasn't nearly as large as our outbreak is, so it's not like the Ravens' players concerns aren't invalid.

One would think that if the game was originally played on Thursday like it should have been, or even Sunday, would you still be complaining if numerous Steelers players tested positive the next day and thus had to miss a game? My guess is you would be. You would complain that the NFL let the game happen, that the NFL is "out to get" the Steelers. Instead, you're actually complaining the NFL is not doing that. Incredible, quite frankly.

I think the game should have been postponed to week 18. The only reasonable solution.

Just now, Thomas5737 said:

As far as the strike, has anyone besides Florio reported anything about this? It just says he had sources , I'm not sure it's even real at this point no one else I can find is reporting it.

I've notice that he tends to make things sound worse than they are in his headlines

he was calling the steelers having 2-3 positive tests a outbreak over the weekend lol

2 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

As far as the strike, has anyone besides Florio reported anything about this? It just says he had sources , I'm not sure it's even real at this point no one else I can find is reporting it.

Nope, just Florio.

Just now, TXsteeler said:

I think the game should have been postponed to week 18. The only reasonable solution.

With hindsight, sure. However, I don't think the NFL thought the Ravens would have such a massive outbreak, thus the move to Sunday made perfect sense until we just kept having day after day of positive tests.

• Beginning at around 2 p.m., ESPN's Adam Schefter and three Baltimore-area reporters began sharing accounts of how, even if the tests came back good, some of the Ravens might be uneasy about partaking in the game. No coincidence, their content appeared on Twitter in virtual harmony. All four reporters have acknowledged being in steady contact with Harbaugh through this whole thing and, before this.

• All four of them also were chronicling Harbaugh's unauthorized closing of the Ravens' practice facility through Monday, a brazenly obvious move toward forcing the NFL to feel guilty about playing Sunday. Shortly thereafter, the game was, in fact, bumped to Tuesday.

• At 4:17 p.m., ESPN's Dan Graziano tweeted this out:

Per source, today's round of Ravens test results produced no new positives that would impact Tuesday's game. There was 1 new positive, but it's an IR player who hasn't been in close contact with others. NFL has given Ravens the option to fly to Pitt tomorrow following more tests.

— Dan Graziano (@DanGrazianoESPN) November 30, 2020

Then, as if by magic, at 4:56 p.m., Schefter breaks the big news -- and gee, I can't begin to guess how he got it first -- with this tweet:

Ravens-Steelers postponed to Wednesday, per source.

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) November 30, 2020

Run down of the reporting on the subject matter. Of course, it's an Pittsburgh opinion writer.

Florio went into more detail on the threat of a strike, but multiple sources reported Ravens were getting the union involved.

Also not every Steelers fan is arguing that the NFL is out to get the Steelers or that the ravens are getting Lamar back by threatening to strike.

I know how COVID works, i have been able to read since the first grade. I know that the Ravens possible have infectious players today that could get the Steelers sick and ruin our season. But at some point you can’t keep pushing a game back and have to postpone it to the end of the season, OR have it forfeited or straight cancelled.

Pushing a game back 6 days is insane.

3 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Nope, just Florio.

With hindsight, sure. However, I don't think the NFL thought the Ravens would have such a massive outbreak, thus the move to Sunday made perfect sense until we just kept having day after day of positive tests.

The move to Sunday was perfectly reasonable. After that it just proves how much of a joke the NFL ownership is.