Week 11 COVID-19 News

ET80

3 hours ago, August4th said:

But "let's do everything we can to mitigate the spread to not create a competitive imbalance" is what I heard all week leading up to this game. Yet, it appears no actual efforts were made to mitigate the spread other than adding an additional day of "no positives" only for those positives to resurface on the freakin' plane the next day. Baltimore and the NFL have handled this situation terribly. Just call off the whole dame season now at this point. There's no logical coming back from this.

1 hour ago, wackywabbit said:

Except for the week you didn't play, sure. And now they get to play their biggest rival with half of their starters out including their QB. We should all always remember how lucky the 2020 Steelers have been.

While he is outright wrong, terrible take is a terrible take. I guess the 2019 Ravens were lucky then?

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, BlaqOptic said:

Baltimore and the NFL have handled this situation terribly. Just call off the whole dame season now at this point.
There's no logical coming back from this.

Now what would Jack Lambert say if he read your comments above ?
He'd be ticked off that the hard ***, iron city fans were wimping out over some scheduling changes

"Meet us in the gawd damn parking lot at 3:40 and we're gonna kick yer *** twice fer jerkin us around "

nfl_g_bdp2_crb_576x324.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

• Like 2

1 hour ago, CKSteeler said:

There's a source that clearly outlines why the league was considering moving the games, and it isn't biased for the Steelers. But you guys keep ignoring that one. We have another day of testing, more positives, and the league still seems to be insisting on playing. But you think they weren't looking to get this game out of the way on Tuesday and instead decided to shuffle around three more start times? Yea, no.

Your “source” was speculating as to their BELIEF of why the NFL made the change. Like currently I’m speculating as to whether you are actually dense, perhaps someone should quote me as proof that you actually ARE dense? This is why the other poster brought up implicit vs explicit bias. It’s been like 5-10 pages of people trying to break this down for you from different angles and perspectives and yet you still don’t understand the point. I’m done. 😂

Frustrated Head GIF

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BlaqOptic said:

But "let's do everything we can to mitigate the spread to not create a competitive imbalance" is what I heard all week leading up to this game. Yet, it appears no actual efforts were made to mitigate the spread other than adding an additional day of "no positives" only for those positives to resurface on the freakin' plane the next day. Baltimore and the NFL have handled this situation terribly. Just call off the whole dame season now at this point. There's no logical coming back from this.

What does this even mean? The efforts to mitigate the spread was moving the game back itself and allow further time before players travelled together on a plane within close proximity with teammates who could potentially be exposed. If not for the additional day, Geno Stone could have been one of those players on the plane.

As it stands however, Geno Stone WAS NOT on the plane with the team when they travelled to Pittsburgh. That’s a successful effort in reducing the spread. But maybe that isn’t enough for you, so how about:

Sunday- Team hosts a voluntary conditioning exercise, not practice. Any players who felt it was unsafe, could choose to not participate. The facility itself was not open, just conditioning.

Monday- Facility set to open, however Monday morning practice cancelled by NFL in an effort to mitigate the spread (wait, I thought there was no efforts?)

Tuesday- Ravens were allowed to participate in a walkthrough for the Wednesday game. Geno Stone and both RBs coach and OL coach were did not travel with the team after showing symptoms and/or testing positive. Stone had not tested positive prior to today thus this was a mitigating effort in reducing the spread.

Please provide evidence as to what “no actual efforts were made to mitigate the spread” actually mean considering we seem to have two different definitions. What would be examples of “mitigating the spread” in your universe? 

• Like 1

So are the ravens rbs driving to pitts today to get tested and hopefully get cleared for game time?

I'm expecting 1 or more positives (even false positive) from the players who traveled via the plane, a said player not to play, whether that info is actually shared as such is a different story. 

NFL going to push it thru regardless after taking the mitigating measures they did this week.

8 hours ago, BlaqOptic said:

While he is outright wrong, terrible take is a terrible take. I guess the 2019 Ravens were lucky then?

I don't understand how i'm wrong? The Steelers Players have not had a week off without practice this year. Of course they had a week with no game, but iirc they didn't know it was getting postponed until like 2 days before it happened. This still affects the team mentally.

10 hours ago, BlaqOptic said:

1. I was trolling the Steelers are so cursed, the NFL is out to get them, and they get no bye guy.

2. Yes, the 2019 Ravens were lucky in regard to not having to play the Steelers with Ben healthy. 

• Like 1

I will refuse to say the NFL was out to get the Steelers the dismissal of the fact that it’s now two games moved within 48 hours of kickoff, meaning they practiced and film studied for that game, is a little strange. So many want to talk about the games being moved for player safety but nothing about players not really getting the chance to rest their bodies. 

The franchise will never complain about it, but honestly I don’t blame players for making comments. 

58 minutes ago, warfelg said:

I will refuse to say the NFL was out to get the Steelers the dismissal of the fact that it’s now two games moved within 48 hours of kickoff, meaning they practiced and film studied for that game, is a little strange. So many want to talk about the games being moved for player safety but nothing about players not really getting the chance to rest their bodies. 

The franchise will never complain about it, but honestly I don’t blame players for making comments. 

Do you honestly think teams just spend 4 hours hitting each other full speed at practice?

1 hour ago, MWil23 said:

If nothing else, I've brought back a great and underused gif, and hopefully brought awareness to a criminally underrated character, the acerbic Dr. Perry Cox from Scrubs. @ET80 @AFlaccoSeagulls you can thank me later.

200.gif

Say, there Samantha - let me fill you in on a liiiiiiiiiiitle friend of mine called "we've been using these GifS the whole time, you're just late to the party" so why don't you do me a re-he-he-he-he-heeeee-eallly huge favor, and keep up?

Thanks newbie.

john c mcginley dancing GIF

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Say, there Samantha - let me fill you in on a liiiiiiiiiiitle friend of mine called "we've been using these GifS the whole time, you're just late to the party" so why don't you do me a re-he-he-he-he-heeeee-eallly huge favor, and keep up?

Thanks newbie.

john c mcginley dancing GIF

I'll have you all know that you guys might think you were using Scrubs gifs before anyone, but there's only one of us who hosted the one and only Scrubs Mafia game on the old forum. Do you know who it was?

Top 30 Scrub Me GIFs | Find the best GIF on Gfycat

Me.

Edited by AFlaccoSeagulls
  • Like 1