Week 11 COVID-19 News

ET80

20 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Do you honestly think teams just spend 4 hours hitting each other full speed at practice?

There’s more than the player to player contact to practice that is needed for player body rest. Any additional time on the practice field is increased chance in injury both short and long term. 

2 minutes ago, warfelg said:

perry cox scrubs GIF by HULU
So non-contact injuries aren’t a thing anymore. 

you're still acting like having an extra 6 days of no game isn't basically a bye week. Practices in the NFL are so watered down because of the NFLPA and trying to protect players from injuries that it's honestly a joke to try and sit here and make the argument that your team hasn't gotten any rest.

3 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

you're still acting like having an extra 6 days of no game isn't basically a bye week. Practices in the NFL are so watered down because of the NFLPA and trying to protect players from injuries that it's honestly a joke to try and sit here and make the argument that your team hasn't gotten any rest.

No practice vs having practice. Which has a smaller risk of injury?

Yes there was no game. 

Acting like going through what you have to do to be ready for a game is the same as having time off is just ignorant. 

So @ET80 had it right...

I M Out GIF by memecandy

24 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

I'll have you all know that you guys might think you were using Scrubs gifs before anyone, but there's only one of us who hosted the one and only Scrubs Mafia game on the old forum. Do you know who it was?

Top 30 Scrub Me GIFs | Find the best GIF on Gfycat

Me.

If you didn't give @SwAg Dr. Perry Cox on principle alone then I'd be extremely disappointed. 

1 minute ago, warfelg said:

No practice vs having practice. Which has a smaller risk of injury?

It's like saying "1 or 0, what's a smaller number?" like yeah 0 is obviously smaller but 1 is still incredibly small. The chances of players getting hurt during mid-season practices is incredibly small. You might as well make the argument that since they have to drive to and from the building for treatment, it's not technically an off day because they could get injured in a car collision.

38 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Say, there Samantha - let me fill you in on a liiiiiiiiiiitle friend of mine called "we've been using these GifS the whole time, you're just late to the party" so why don't you do me a re-he-he-he-he-heeeee-eallly huge favor, and keep up?

Thanks newbie.

john c mcginley dancing GIF

LOL

10/10

*Whistles*

32f3a4bfd55c7bff4ef6447eb5110183.gif

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, August4th said:

has anyone from the Ravens explain how the strength and conditioning coach was allowed to work without a mask and covid tracker on?

Nope, no public explanation has been given other than they "reprimanded" him. I don't even think he was fired. I'm sure the NFL's investigation will reveal that we had a culture problem where lots of people didn't wear masks in the building, not just the S&C coach.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Nope, no public explanation has been given other than they "reprimanded" him. I don't even think he was fired. I'm sure the NFL's investigation will reveal that we had a culture problem where lots of people didn't wear masks in the building, not just the S&C coach.

LOL

As a HS Coach, we had about every entity on this bureaucratic planet breathing down our necks all fall. We called them the Covid FBI, as they'd show up and have charts/walk around and check EVERYTHING. Us wearing masks, players wearing masks under their helmets on the sidelines if not actively playing, fans social distancing and wearing masks, referees wearing masks, cheerleaders/band members wearing masks unless actively cheering/playing, to the point of where we had games/teams SHUT DOWN for failure to comply...and we aren't a multi billion dollar entity. 

The NFL's "new" groundbreaking rules for teams/players and facilities that was just passed is essentially what 100% of HS (certainly in OH) have had to do since JUNE 1!!!!!!! And we did it with virtually no resources at our disposal.

This is comical.