Week 11 COVID-19 News

ET80

12 hours ago, NudeTayne said:

There we go. Weird how there appears to be no report of the positive test until today (?). I wonder if there was a threat of losing a draft pick for not reporting the positive test 🤔. It seems like every other positive has been reported in a timely manner.

It's not weird or suspicious or whatever else you are insinuating

Sweeney was exposed to someone who had covid, put on the covid list, then tested positive. Because he was already on the covid list, there wasn't anything for any news agency to report - "player on covid list has covid" is not a headline anyone clicks.

So it's not as if they suddenly "found" a positive test, it's that no one cared enough to spend time writing about it until he developed a very real, and moderately common side effect that many people are now experiencing. A "side effect" that is a very real and definable condition - which now puts his football career in jeopardy because doctors may not allow him to ever take the field again 

So go ahead and think on this really hard and try to make this into a "covid is a media conspiracy" like you are trying to push, but the facts remain that the United States is the hardest hit country in the world because of people exactly like you, who think it's more likely that they've stumbled upon a large scale conspiracy rather than the simple answer that this virus is different than anything most people have ever experienced and we are still learning about it 

Edited by N4L
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, N4L said:

It's not weird or suspicious or whatever else you are insinuating

Sweeney was exposed to someone who had covid, put on the covid list, then tested positive. Because he was already on the covid list, there wasn't anything for any news agency to report - "player on covid list has covid" is not a headline anyone clicks.

So it's not as if they suddenly "found" a positive test, it's that no one cared enough to spend time writing about it until he developed a very real, and moderately common side effect that many people are now experiencing. A "side effect" that is a very real and definable condition - which now puts his football career in jeopardy because doctors may not allow him to ever take the field again 

So go ahead and think on this really hard and try to make this into a "covid is a media conspiracy" like you are trying to push, but the facts remain that the United States is the hardest hit country in the world because of people exactly like you, who think it's more likely that they've stumbled upon a large scale conspiracy rather than the simple answer that this virus is different than anything most people have ever experienced and we are still learning about it 

I don't know what stupid garbage you're going on about. It was pretty clear what I was insinuating, not your weird projection about how you feel about cOViD deNieRs (because a team getting in trouble for Covid violations has never happened...err...oops, already happened this season. #tacobelluminati. Am I doing it right?).

I'll say it again: I was wondering why he came in contact a month ago (and many folks who come in contact don't test positive so it's unusual that it wasn't confirmed when it appears everyone else who treats positive gets reported), the league has been super anal about testing and reporting, and no one confirmed a positive test at any point for Sweeney. Yes he was injured so maybe that was it 🤷‍♂️. But it's weird that they are reporting his aftereffects when they never reported a positive test. Read what I wrote. You don't gotta cop a tone with someone you have never even interacted with. Get bent.

10 hours ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

You still got people back from COVID (notably, your QB), though...we're not even getting that opportunity.

yeah it was awesome, they didn't practice for weeks and we lost to the chiefs specifically because of our backup qb but yeah, suuuper beneficial to play without practicing or meeting in person for weeks 

On 11/25/2020 at 1:28 PM, Deadpulse said:

What? We played a game without Cam because the NFL DIDN'T postpone... 

This, so much!

I'm sorry the Ravens players are dealing with this, I wouldn't wish it on anyone. But the game needs to be played. Ironically, had they played Thursday, Lamar would've been available, now, if he doesn't play Sunday but the game still happens he won't be.