Week 11 COVID-19 News

ET80

5 minutes ago, Blackstar12 said:

Then thousands of players and employees are going to go without a game check good luck with that.

I think there's enough leeway to make an exception and pay those who lose a game due to this.

It's not like the team is losing revenue specifically for not playing this game. There are no ticket sales, no concessions, and the ad revenue/TV revenue is already paid for.

Just pay them for lost hours.

2 minutes ago, ET80 said:

I think there's enough leeway to make an exception and pay those who lose a game due to this.

It's not like the team is losing revenue specifically for not playing this game. There are no ticket sales, no concessions, and the ad revenue/TV revenue is already paid for.

Just pay them for lost hours.

I agree but do you really think the NFL will do that. They’ve been getting lucky and now things are starting to hit the fan.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Blackstar12 said:

I agree but do you really think the NFL will do that. They’ve been getting lucky and now things are starting to hit the fan.

Agree - I've mentioned how callous the NFL has been to this point, so there's no reason to think they'll suddenly change that path.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Blackstar12 said:

The NBA did it because they were more organized and it was way easier to manage . I’d said it before but the NFL was getting lucky and were skating on thin Ice. Also the NFLPA is weak compared to NBAPA.

I think the NFL should pause for like 2 weeks and maybe have teams stay in their local Hotels/training camp sites. they could only leave to play the games. The setup will be similar to Training camp where their were almost no positive tests for a month. I would bring back the option to opt out for the players and coaches who don't want to do that for a month and a half.

• Like 1