Week 11 COVID-19 News

ET80

7 minutes ago, sammymvpknight said:

I’ll honestly be disappointed if the Saints allow the Broncos to score. Best run defense in the league...and now pretty much not having to face a real QB. 

In the DEN altitude you are in scoring position from midfield.   A NO TO or 2 can easily happen.   I don’t see many scoring drives beginning from our side of the field though lol. 

I’d guess NO wins by 14+ but shutouts are rare because the altitude makes FG’s do-able from 55+ easy. 

Edited by Broncofan

2 hours ago, ET80 said:

I mean, do you make them play shorthanded? They can't sign FAs to cover the balance because there's a one week Covid requirement...

This is so strange.

Everyone is ignoring the inactive list.  They have enough players.  Just won't have to designate the full number of inactives.  

Why they didn't have an extra QB being quarantined is amazingly stupid on their part.  I assumed every team did this.  Guess that's what I get for assuming

12 minutes ago, INbengalfan said:

Everyone is ignoring the inactive list.  They have enough players.  Just won't have to designate the full number of inactives.  

Why they didn't have an extra QB being quarantined is amazingly stupid on their part.  I assumed every team did this.  Guess that's what I get for assuming

You said ***.

well, inferred it.

Which team's starting QB ends the game with the most rushing Yards?

We are all going to sit here tomorrow and watch a team with a practice squad WR playing QB for one team and whatever Taysom Hill is for the other team.

It will be glorious and this game should be flexed to primetime.

I also imagine every player on the Broncos roster is trying to talk to the coaches "hey man, I played 2 years of QB in high school I can do this let me play"

• Like 4

46 minutes ago, thebestever6 said:

Why'd the pats get helped out but Denver gets screwed?

Because the Pats had multiple players test positive on different days, so the league needed to first ensure that the team was not in outbreak.

1 player testing positive is not an outbreak.   

The issue here is that the DEN QB's didn't mask, and were in contact with the player who tested positive.   You need 5 days of negative tests and no symptoms to clear.   If they had worn masks, they'd be deemed NOT high-risk.  

There are a lot of things wrong with the NFL's handling of Covid-19 plans, but this is ALL on DEN.   The NFL can be taken to task for thinking this would keep working, as we're seeing teams having outbreaks continue and increase - but DEN's QB problems are 100% on the coaches, players and org.  They didn't mask.  Someone tested positive, so everyone in that group who met indoors are now a high-risk contact.  And they KNEW this was a mandatory rule.   So let's lay the blame where it belongs - the QB group and the coaching staff that clearly permitted this.

Edited by Broncofan
  • Like 5