Bakh signs extension (4 years, 23M AAV)

CWood21

1 hour ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

It was always broken ribs. There aren't really any other chest injuries

Burks’ and Kirksey’s pectoral muscles disagree.

As long as it’s not severe, a cracked rib is the better of the two injuries. 

Edited by Refugee

13 minutes ago, Refugee said:
1 hour ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

It was always broken ribs. There aren't really any other chest injuries

Burks’ and Kirksey’s pectoral muscles disagree.

As long as it’s not severe, a cracked rib is the better of the two injuries

Tyrod Taylor would like a word on this as well.

Think Turner has done enough to warrant another year at RT.

Bakh-Jenkins-Patrick-Runyan-Turner is my guess for week 1 OL next year. With an OL being drafted day 1-2 of the draft for sure. Wagner gets cut.

Linsley most certainly gone. Bet we'll have room for King or Jones. I'd choose King. CBs are much harder to find.

• Like 1

I think King is gone... I would of course be down for a cheap one year make or break deal, but CB is a position everyone needs. Someone will out bid us. I think we hope Jones doesn't fetch much in the market since so many RBs are going to be FAs... That of course won't happen. We draft a CB in the first round... Shocker?

Regardless you don't let your aging HOF QB go out without established protection on his blind side. I get it, and I don't hate it. Interested to see the breakdown, but I think it's a move you had to make. Happy for Bakh... Great player, and I am glad he will still suit up in the green and gold for the next few years.

Edited by Toddfather

3 hours ago, Nick_gb said:

Can't wait to see the way this is structured. This was always the right move.

The $30M signing bonus gets spread over 5 years instead of 4 years, so that eats $6M of the cap space that the Packers currently are sitting on.  They could create some more cap space by converting roster bonus into a signing bonus, but that doesn't seem likely.  Sounds like there's two rather large roster bonuses, one that will be tied to his 2021 cap hit and one that will be tied to his 2022 cap hit.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Toddfather said:

I think King is gone... I would of course be down for a cheap one year make or break deal, but CB is a position everyone needs. Someone will out bid us. I think we hope Jones doesn't fetch much in the market since so many RBs are going to be FAs... That of course won't happen. We draft a CB in the first round... Shocker?

Regardless you don't let your aging HOF QB go out without established protection on his blind side. I get it, and I don't hate it. Interested to see the breakdown, but I think it's a move you had to make. Happy for Bakh... Great player, and I am glad he will still suit up in the green and gold for the next few years.

Yeah I'd say King is gone too, maybe if he was healthy more, I could argue against it. I really do like King, I think he's a sold number 2, but health has gotten the best of him.

Hopefully Jones doesn't demand too much, personally he doesn't seem like the guy to sit there and demand a butt load of money especially with the way he was raised, but if he does demand the money, I'd have no problem in rolling with Williams and Dillon next year.

• Like 1

What makes it slightly more palatable is that we've had a starting LT on a 4th round rookie deal and then what turned out to be an under market second contract. I know the league is very much about getting more than what you are paying for but eventually, you've got to pay.  Let's hope 69 plays up to his deal and doesn't just set the market, but sets the standard at LT.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Packerraymond said:

Think Turner has done enough to warrant another year at RT.

Bakh-Jenkins-Patrick-Runyan-Turner is my guess for week 1 OL next year. With an OL being drafted day 1-2 of the draft for sure. Wagner gets cut.

Linsley most certainly gone. Bet we'll have room for King or Jones. I'd choose King. CBs are much harder to find.

I agree in theory what you are saying but no no no no no to King. The guy is never on the field.

• Like 1