Giants fear Odell Beckham Jr, suffered a broken fibula

JAF-N72EX

2 hours ago, Championshiporbust said:

True. He needs to be more focused, and focused on football. Yes, he plays for a big-media market, but he needs to focus on winning Giants' championships. 

Username checks out

On 9 October 2017 at 4:46 PM, Crickett said:

The problem I see with Odell is he's always dinged up.  He missed significant time as a rookie.  During his second and third seasons, he was consistently suffering minor injuries throughout both seasons, although he only missed one game.  He  got injured in the preseason this year and now he's injured again.  This is his first IR worthy injury, but those minor injuries add up and I wouldn't be surprised if his peak is only a few more seasons before he just falls off and becomes a shell of his former self. 

I hope I am wrong, because that's never a good thing to see.

He's not Dez. Those are nicks and just normal injuries that happen over the course of a season. The fact that he hasn't miss time and been able to perform at a high level shows.

On 10 October 2017 at 1:37 AM, Championshiporbust said:

True. He needs to be more focused, and focused on football. Yes, he plays for a big-media market, but he needs to focus on winning Giants' championships. 

This notion that Odell isn't focused in football needs to just go away. It's people who just listen to the media narratives.

On 10/9/2017 at 8:46 AM, Crickett said:

The problem I see with Odell is he's always dinged up.  He missed significant time as a rookie.  During his second and third seasons, he was consistently suffering minor injuries throughout both seasons, although he only missed one game.  He  got injured in the preseason this year and now he's injured again.  This is his first IR worthy injury, but those minor injuries add up and I wouldn't be surprised if his peak is only a few more seasons before he just falls off and becomes a shell of his former self. 

I hope I am wrong, because that's never a good thing to see.

1. All full time players have some level/form of injury

2. Have you seen how he got injured both times this season? If you think some other player gets up from that, I'd like to see proof.

If anyone can come back from a devastating injury, it's Odell. You cannot question the man's confidence at this point. He's fearless. Slight immaturity doesn't equal not being able to mentally overcome an injury. That is attributed with confidence....

Not only is this a huge loss for the Giants, it's a huge loss for the NFL. He's one of the faces of the league right now. The rest of the season won't be the same without him. Hope he can come back better than ever... 

5 hours ago, Nex_Gen said:

1. All full time players have some level/form of injury

2. Have you seen how he got injured both times this season? If you think some other player gets up from that, I'd like to see proof.

If anyone can come back from a devastating injury, it's Odell. You cannot question the man's confidence at this point. He's fearless. Slight immaturity doesn't equal not being able to mentally overcome an injury. That is attributed with confidence....

Not only is this a huge loss for the Giants, it's a huge loss for the NFL. He's one of the faces of the league right now. The rest of the season won't be the same without him. Hope he can come back better than ever... 

And how many players have lost their effectiveness over time thanks to an accumulation of injuries?  How many times has that happened to the Giants?  How many times has that happened to Giants WR's?  Remember that time the Giants had one of the best and youngest WR corps in the NFL and that helped propel them to a Superbowl victory?  And then all three of them were out of the NFL by age 30 having long lost their ability as top wide receivers.   There is no reason that can't happen to Beckham and all the confidence in the world wouldn't save his career if it does. 

I hope he can come back too.  The more players the league has who play at a high level, the more entertaining the league is.  But the Giants are a team that has been chewing up and spitting out quality players for almost decade aside from their relative reprieve last year.   And what role 'confidence' has to do with it, I have no idea.

3 hours ago, Crickett said:

And how many players have lost their effectiveness over time thanks to an accumulation of injuries?  How many times has that happened to the Giants?  How many times has that happened to Giants WR's?  Remember that time the Giants had one of the best and youngest WR corps in the NFL and that helped propel them to a Superbowl victory?  And then all three of them were out of the NFL by age 30 having long lost their ability as top wide receivers.   There is no reason that can't happen to Beckham and all the confidence in the world wouldn't save his career if it does. 

I hope he can come back too.  The more players the league has who play at a high level, the more entertaining the league is.  But the Giants are a team that has been chewing up and spitting out quality players for almost decade aside from their relative reprieve last year.   And what role 'confidence' has to do with it, I have no idea.

They had accumulation of injuries or serious injuries. 

Steve Smith needed microfractire surgery.

Hakeem Nicks had an assortment of lower leg injuries with one having structural damage. The one that perhaps ended his career. 

Cruz had a devastating injury plus another season ender. 

Manningham blew out his knee after he left us. 

Beckham aside from this injury and the hamstring injury, with the latter being a bigger concern, he hasn't had any injuries that would derail him. Now not saying he is gonna be immune to injuries. If he was getting injured to like Julio Jones level then that be concerning. But right now I don't anything to worry about on this front. 

35 minutes ago, Kip Smithers said:

They had accumulation of injuries or serious injuries. 

Steve Smith needed microfractire surgery.

Hakeem Nicks had an assortment of lower leg injuries with one having structural damage. The one that perhaps ended his career. 

Cruz had a devastating injury plus another season ender. 

Manningham blew out his knee after he left us. 

Beckham aside from this injury and the hamstring injury, with the latter being a bigger concern, he hasn't had any injuries that would derail him. Now not saying he is gonna be immune to injuries. If he was getting injured to like Julio Jones level then that be concerning. But right now I don't anything to worry about on this front. 

That's my point.  OBJ is having an accumulation of injuries too.  And I don't think that was going to stop.  You may not think that is anything to worry about, but I do. 

1 hour ago, Crickett said:

That's my point.  OBJ is having an accumulation of injuries too.  And I don't think that was going to stop.  You may not think that is anything to worry about, but I do. 

Yeah but what injuries though throughout his career? His hamstring and his ankle are his only notable injuries. 

3 minutes ago, Kip Smithers said:

Yeah but what injuries though throughout his career? His hamstring and his ankle are his only notable injuries. 

So the hamstring injury affected him for the first three years of his career?  And that's not a warning sign?

4 minutes ago, Kip Smithers said:

It has?

Well, if not, then something certainly did.  I was asking because you mentioned that his only injuries of note were the hamstring and the ankle.  The hamstring kept him out some time during his rookie season and probably kept that rookie season from being of the record breaking variety, but he's been playing hurt..... basically his entire career.  IIRC, that was what derailed Hakeem Nicks.

1 minute ago, Crickett said:

Well, if not, then something certainly did.  I was asking because you mentioned that his only injuries of note were the hamstring and the ankle.  The hamstring kept him out some time during his rookie season and probably kept that rookie season from being of the record breaking variety, but he's been playing hurt..... basically his entire career.  IIRC, that was what derailed Hakeem Nicks.

You just said he has been playibg with a hamstring injury for 3 years and I wanna know where you got that from?

Like I asked aside from this hamstring injury and this recent injury what injuries has he had that should be concerning?

1 minute ago, Kip Smithers said:

You just said he has been playibg with a hamstring injury for 3 years and I wanna know where you got that from?

Like I asked aside from this hamstring injury and this recent injury what injuries has he had that should be concerning?

Okay, we're arguing past each other now. 

You said "His hamstring and his ankle are his only notable injuries."

and i responded with

"So the hamstring injury affected him for the first three years of his career?"

I'm not declaring he has been suffering from a hamstring injury for three years, I'm responding to the claim that his hamstring and his ankle are his only notable injuries. 

3 minutes ago, Crickett said:

Okay, we're arguing past each other now. 

You said "His hamstring and his ankle are his only notable injuries."

and i responded with

"So the hamstring injury affected him for the first three years of his career?"

I'm not declaring he has been suffering from a hamstring injury for three years, I'm responding to the claim that his hamstring and his ankle are his only notable injuries. 

Exactly if you're objecting to me saying that those are his only two notable injuries then what other notable injuries has he suffered?

1 minute ago, Kip Smithers said:

Exactly if you're objecting to me saying that those are his only two notable injuries then what other notable injuries has he suffered?

Off hand, I don't know, but I've been watching Odell Beckham limp off the field time after time basically for his entire pro career, so it has to be something. 

6 hours ago, Crickett said:

Off hand, I don't know, but I've been watching Odell Beckham limp off the field time after time basically for his entire pro career, so it has to be something. 

You have? I haven't seen that all. If so I don't think it's because he's carrying an injury of some sort. Just likely the wear and tear of football and the beating the body takes as a product of the sport 

Archived