Packers and Bakhtiari agree to extension

Forge

28 minutes ago, AirMcNair said:

How will this impact their ability to bring back Aaron Jones?

Not going to pretend to know the entirety of the Packers situation. but spending a second round pick on Dillon, having to maneuver around the cap as is...just based on a cursory glance at their moves and situation, not sure the idea was ever to bring him back. Maybe I could be wrong, but I don't see this team shelling out 12 million for him. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Forge said:

Not going to pretend to know the entirety of the Packers situation. but spending a second round pick on Dillon, having to maneuver around the cap as is...just based on a cursory glance at their moves and situation, not sure the idea was ever to bring him back. Maybe I could be wrong, but I don't see this team shelling out 12 million for him. 

This. He's a great piece of the offense, but don't see him getting the contract he might on open market here. I imagine we'll make him a decent offer, and he will leave in FA.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

We'll have to pick between Jones, Kevin King and Corey Linsley essentially. I'm sure one gets done and the other two leave.

I'd argue King is priority, but I'm an outsider... Great cover CBs are tough to find, I'd imagine.

• Like 1

King misses too much time.  I think he plays in about 60% of the games.  And he doesn't bounce back from injury fast.

He's the guy that can come back on a lower one year "prove" it deal.

Love Jones.  Gonna hate to see him leave.  Paying a RB a good second contract is a luxury that we cannot afford.

Much respect for Linsley and he's a great player.  We will not be able to afford him.

1 hour ago, vegas492 said:

King misses too much time.  I think he plays in about 60% of the games.  And he doesn't bounce back from injury fast.

He's the guy that can come back on a lower one year "prove" it deal.

Love Jones.  Gonna hate to see him leave.  Paying a RB a good second contract is a luxury that we cannot afford.

Much respect for Linsley and he's a great player.  We will not be able to afford him.

Yeah Linsley has been one of the best centers in the NFL for years now, he will get a bigger deal than he currently has and I don't see how we fit that in. This contract probably means Aaron Jones goes, at least I hope it does. I love the player, and I don't like Dillon, but we just won't have the space. We should bring Jamaal Williams back

• Like 4