Week Ten Recap: Turner solid at RT as Packers beat Jags

Refugee

15 hours ago, Refugee said:

That was not a very strong penalty. Turner got beaten with the initial move but recovered.  I didn’t see it as a hold. He also got called for a chop block after he was pushed to the ground that kept us from moving the sticks. I didn’t see that as a foul either through my completely impartial POV. 

It's still a point of concern. One of the reasons Turner was moved inside earlier in his career was because he struggled with the speed rush. This should concern you because Tampa Bay obliterated our OL, Philly will have a similar affect, the Rams have a strong speed rush with Leonard Floyd(who had 3 sacks yesterday), and Arizona has a pretty good speed rush despite their obliterated DL and rushes their ILB's frequently. Fortunately, we still have Lewis to help out if Turner is the RT for the rest of the season, but after the season we'll have questions there... 

5 hours ago, KManX89 said:

I get the whole "you'd rather win ugly than lose pretty", but the fact that we barely beat the f'ing JAGS, at home no less, is a serious red flag, especially with the #1 defense coming up. And yes, I know home field isn't as advantageous this year for obvious reasons, but we still get the luxury of no travel, so no excuse for this shyt.

The 1997 Super-Bowl participating Packers lost 38-41 to the eventual 3-13 Indianapolis Colts.

A close win or loss against a terrible team doesn't mean anything in the long run.  This team won.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, dwaye50327 said:

Whats the odds of us have the 1 seed at the end of the season? Ideally I think in cold weather games you want a strong physical run game I'd think. We all know how the packers do against physical running teams. Would it be beneficial to not have the 1 seed and play where it isn't so cold? I mean without fans in the stadium, other than travel, does the 1 seed really matter?

2 hours ago, JBURGE said:

Why are we 1st seed over the Saints? Were they not ahead before due to conference record? 

This dosent hurt

3 hours ago, dwaye50327 said:

Whats the odds of us have the 1 seed at the end of the season? Ideally I think in cold weather games you want a strong physical run game I'd think. We all know how the packers do against physical running teams. Would it be beneficial to not have the 1 seed and play where it isn't so cold? I mean without fans in the stadium, other than travel, does the 1 seed really matter?

we better not get like the damn rams if they are the 7 seed and win

41 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

Interesting stats, and it was obvious that things looked totally different after we did that. 

I thought it was especially odd that there was so little attempt to pressure earlier.  Every pass play had the same pocket look:  No pressure up the middle, two edge guys curling around deep behind the guys ears, and a clear pocket into which he could step up and into.  Eventually the edge guys were going to collapse him from behind, but he had a reasonable time-window within which to throw, and it was so consistent that he had little reason to get rattled.  

But that soft prevent is basically the bend-don't-break avoid-big-plays approach when we're winning and playing bad teams.  

It wouldn't really shock to go with the more aggressive man coverage against better teams?  Probably also easier to go with the man/pressure approach when it's late and the opponent needs to pass.  It's possible they might have gotten 200 yards rushing if we'd played that all day?