Week Ten Recap: Turner solid at RT as Packers beat Jags

Refugee

1 hour ago, Leader said:

EQ sighting.....

Ben Fennell -    Equanimeous St. Brown was solid in the run game for the Packers vs JAX.

He was excellent. Noticed multiple replays where he was drive blocking DEs on a crack back. 

Not sure what he'll offer as a receiver going forward but I think he's carved himself a Kumerow type role as the WR4 who excels in the run game and can provide the occasional catch.

With Lazard back, we need to be done with Shep and Taylor logging any snaps.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Packerraymond said:

Not sure what he'll offer as a receiver going forward.......

Be interesting to know what's happened to him.
Year 2 - got that - but what happened to the guy that produced and showed promise his rookie year?  He's nowhere to be found yet and once Lazard comes back his snaps are going to disappear.

1 minute ago, Leader said:

Year 2 - got that - but what happened to the guy that produced and showed promise his rookie year?  He's nowhere to be found yet and once Lazard comes back his snaps are going to disappear.

Just think there's a lot of rust. Lower body injuries mean no running routes for the entire time you're healing. Also means an entire year lost in that Rodgers trust building exercise. 

Think he's a fine #4/5 to have around. Big guy with above average athletic traits. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Leader said:

Ben Fennell -    Jace Sternberger is losing opportunities/snaps with what he's putting on tape... Absolutely horrible blocking/technique.

That’s also what I was seeing, not good enough. Listening to the call on the radio, McCarren was also calling him out this game. The Rock does not respect soft blocking. 

3 hours ago, Leader said:

I think EQ is just a Jeff Janis computer number athlete that can’t really play. He had 1 nice game against the Jets his rookie year. He was mia in camp year 2 and then got hurt. Now he’s invisible still.

1 hour ago, pacman5252 said:

I think EQ is just a Jeff Janis computer number athlete that can’t really play. He had 1 nice game against the Jets his rookie year. He was mia in camp year 2 and then got hurt. Now he’s invisible still.

Perhaps.  

Believe it or not, EQ has out produced Janis in yards, and receptions in his 12 games played vs Janis' 51.  Of course, Janis has that post season game, that almost doubles his career numbers.  He also has about the same number of targets through those games.  

Both Janis and EQ are superior athletes, even by professional athlete standards.  I think that EQ is a better football player that has had horrible injury luck.  Justin Harrell didn't fail because he wasn't good.  He failed because he was always hurt.  That is EQ's story so far.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ThatJerkDave said:

Perhaps.  

Believe it or not, EQ has out produced Janis in yards, and receptions in his 12 games played vs Janis' 51.  Of course, Janis has that post season game, that almost doubles his career numbers.  He also has about the same number of targets through those games.  

Both Janis and EQ are superior athletes, even by professional athlete standards.  I think that EQ is a better football player that has had horrible injury luck.  Justin Harrell didn't fail because he wasn't good.  He failed because he was always hurt.  That is EQ's story so far.  

Outproducing Janis is a low bar. The fact is both were WR 5/6s. EQ just got more of a shot because of injuries and because the WR room was a little more stacked in the early/mid part of the decade (Jordy/Cobb/Adams/Jones). Just like Janis and even Jared Abbereris, if given starter reps in a game, EQ could have some production in a limited sample size.  I'd still never saw anything special from him. He ran stiff, didn't run crisp route, and played slower than his 40 (just very blah/Jag).

Sorry to kind of back track, but he was one of the least impressive WRs in camp in 2019 pre injury (including guys like Sheppard).

49 minutes ago, pacman5252 said:

Outproducing Janis is a low bar. The fact is both were WR 5/6s. EQ just got more of a shot because of injuries and because the WR room was a little more stacked in the early/mid part of the decade (Jordy/Cobb/Adams/Jones). Just like Janis and even Jared Abbereris, if given starter reps in a game, EQ could have some production in a limited sample size.  I'd still never saw anything special from him. He ran stiff, didn't run crisp route, and played slower than his 40 (just very blah/Jag).

Sorry to kind of back track, but he was one of the least impressive WRs in camp in 2019 pre injury (including guys like Sheppard).

It just surprised me that he had better numbers than Janis, given the disparity in games played.

I absolutely agree that he looked poor in preseason, from what I saw.  Given the tools he has though, I am willing to give him a little longer to make the next step.  Though chances are, that he just becomes another better athlete than football player that doesn't get by the final bottleneck that is the NFL.

On 11/16/2020 at 6:54 PM, Green19 said:

I don’t know if GB had a shot at him but man given what he did yesterday... should of taken a flyer on Sidney Jones after he was released from philly.

How does this work with UFAs?   Do teams with poorer records get first cracks?

Rodgers confirms that he was talking to Z & P Smith before the final play. He was just talking about the hail mary formation and the chance of them trying to set up a lateral on a shorter pass.  He laughed when asked if Pettine might have not taken kindly to him stepping on his coaching toes.  He says he has a great relationship with the coach and they razzle eachother from time to time.  All I know, the D completely destroyed the playcall and Rodgers can add his 2cents anytime.  Hope he can talk to the ST units before we head out to Ind.

88 wasn't ready for the lights. Turner and Lewis create a giant vacuum off a double team, 88 just needs to hit a downblock and whiffs, proceeds to whiff on 3 more blocks in a short period of time lol, TFL.

MVS sneaks into space between zones against C2 in the scramble drill. Not a huge play but it's showing some headyness.

Jamaal in pass pro. Is nice.

Running the 4 man front of Preston, DLINEMAN, Clark, Zadarius. I like. Created pressure and a turnover.

Savage's burst is something. mans can shoot gap

Feeel like Hollman should jump to 4. Really good #5. Jackson isn't doing bad per se. I just like Hollmans game.  Like I've got a tentative optimism if it comes down to JA, Chandon and Hollman next year.

Chandon is really playing ball. he should be talked about more. Just a football player. Jackson is the opposite of this.

Oren needs to find an exit door.

Equanimeous got a bump in snap count. He's out there quite a bit. He's going to turn the corner the last quarter of the season. i can feel it in my bones.

When Kenny gets a breather Pett stuck Z at stand up nose.

Burks as a spy rusher in the pressure package. nothing to say about it. just noting. Also EDGE reps...

This is the stat line that happens when MVS consistently catches balls.  It's all on him to make the consistency.. consistent.

Because I was that guy.. Billy Turner made some real nice reach blocks that never got talked about on the TV. Their LB's are quite good.. but the OL had a solid day overall. Wish a couple more lanes opened up.. but it happens.

Rodgers int.. that guy should not have been underneath that. If Rodgers sees that defender he puts that ball over the top of MVS and it's a big play. just unfortunate Rodgers didnt see him.

Savage is a nice robber.  erased a junk motion to flat. things that dont get talked about.

Raven should be fighting for his life against Kamal for snaps.

Dunlap got tons of love for his game ending sack against the Cardinals. Gary, Preston and Z called game for us on their last possession.

Overall Pettine flexed his muscle in this game. in a game where we lost the turnover battle, field position and had a ST TD against -this game still always felt in control, thats a recipe for a L and we pulled through by defense. Idk if Pett just didnt respect Luton by the end of the game but he shut it down the last two series. Need to see more of that D.

• Like 1